Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Philippe Coutinho to Leicester whispers

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Agree with this.  First of all when Coutinho plays on the wing he plays the left, so it’d be Barnes who had to shift.  But I don’t think Coutinho is a true winger - he needs to play more centrally for his creativity to be of maximum value.  Honestly I think the guy he obsoletes is probably Maddison.  I’d be tempted to use some sort of 4-2-1-3 with N’didi and Praet as holding midfielders, Tielemans in front of them and Coutinho and Barnes flanking Vardy as effectively three forwards (with Coutinho and Barnes playing more narrowly than true wingers).

My first thought on this is that I would accept selling maddison to bring in coutinho. 

Thoughts? 

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He’s almost 28.  absolutely no resale value.  could see a loan if the numbers can stack up but not a purchase. But the agent will want a sale with a five year contract. 

If he costs £60m and we have him for 5 seasons and get nowt for him it works out at £12m a season.

He is literally the difference between us and challenging for the title come January (not saying we will win it - we will just be a bit closer 😎)

11 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

My first thought on this is that I would accept selling maddison to bring in coutinho. 

Thoughts? 

Get back to football manager. 

Decisions like this would be our downfall. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, adam1 said:

If he costs £60m and we have him for 5 seasons and get nowt for him it works out at £12m a season.

He is literally the difference between us and challenging for the title come January (not saying we will win it - we will just be a bit closer 😎)

Do you seriously expect us to challenge for the title ?  We are a fair way off that (especially with a CL campaign).  By the way, his wages add considerably to that 12m per season .......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

Thoughts? 

...madders is the only option to make way for Coutinho!!!!

There is a deceptive lack of pace and execution about Madders' and I think a forward line such as United's might just suit him, as they are, collectively better.

Youri......... is still a problem which needs to be resolved.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...madders is the only option to make way for Coutinho!!!!

There is a deceptive lack of pace and execution about Madders' and I think a forward line such as United's might just suit him, as they are, collectively better.

Youri......... is still a problem which needs to be resolved.

We need depth for the squad. Maddison is not going to United. We have at least five positions they can all fight for. R and L side attacking and the midfield as Rodgers likes to play a 1-2 or a 2-1. At least he did at Liverpool.

6 hours ago, crisp packet said:

Wouldn’t turn my nose up at this,but would personally love us to sign his compatriot 

Willian on free from Chelsea ...

Wants a 3 year deal ... could push us on ? 

Let’s get both! Lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gerard said:

It would be a massive statement by us mind but moving from Barcelona to Leicester with Coutinho's CV is like dating a top actress/supermodel and your next girlfriend is the quite nice looking girl who works on the till in Tesco. 

girl at Tesco                                       fawned-over supermodel

TescoLCFC.PNG.f75fb49a0a3e26961c5f62bb34d6dcb4.PNG          FCB.PNG.96bd2e5c4e33228fe224b682266a4ea0.PNG

surprisingly easy on the eye                       smoking, but…

a pleasure to watch                                    anyone ever see her before

the big money makeover?

well-rounded                                              great bone structure

has heart and soul                                     as dead inside as those eyes

“here’s my number”                                   don’t call us, we’ll call you

“let’s get dirty”                                           “don’t touch my hair”

“I mean … really dirty”                              “I don’t do that”

It's a no brainer.

#welcomePhilippe

• Haha 1

Don't really see how he fits in the squad, his wages would be massive as would the transfer fee. Don't think he'd be arsed about turning out for Leicester City either. If we sold Maddison for big money then maybe but we could make more sensible signings.

• Like 1

If we want to be top class we need top class players that will take us to the next level in terms of consistency. Young players are great when they are firing on a cylinders but as we have seen this season sometimes they struggle for ideas, lose confidence and are not always consistent performers.

If we are serious about challenging the top 6, this is exactly the kind of player we need to bring us on. With our new training facility - why not, for a real football person, these could be some of the best facilities in the world.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Collymore said:

We loaned him first and knew what we were getting. 

id count the loan... we didn’t really know what we were getting... could have been hit or miss... he wasn’t even a regular for Monaco..

Well Everton have apparently put bid in for a loan deal for him. Hope he doesn’t like that neck of the woods so much he’d cross over to the divide to play for both teams!

It’d be great to pull something out of the bag and get this guy - real statement of intent.

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

If we sign him we’ll finish top 4 again, it’s that simple. So for me he’s worth every penny, it won’t happen but we can dream.

I'm really not sure it is "that simple".

Our recent success has largely been down to signing players with something to prove. The guy's played for probably the biggest club in the world after an astronomical transfer fee and played for Brazil at world cups.

If he's got the right attitude I'd absolutely love to sign him.