Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Most Important result in the title winning season

Most Important result in the title winning season  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Most important result

• Aston Villa 3-2 (h)
    • Spurs 1-0 (a)
    • Man City 3-1 (a)
    • West Ham 2-2 (h)
    • Norwich 1-0 (h)
    • Other

I think the villa game was the one that really stood out, when dyer scored it really did show the intension and the team spirit. Obviously the Man City game showed  how devastating we could be, but to see dim Tim in a state of shock was nearly as good as seeing van gaal when we beat Utd 

Good question there were so many key results during the season that you can look to. Obvious answer would be Man City away, that was when the pundits and fountains of knowledge on MOTD began to take us seriously, but I never considered that to be the moment. Looking back earlier, the Villa 3-2 and the Arsenal loss with Fuchs and Simpson coming in thereafter (both Arsenal defeats really) were key moments in the season. 

But I'm going to go with the Norwich 1-0. We were not brilliant as I recall, but that was a really special moment when Ulloa put that one in the net on 90 minutes. The narrative in the run up to the game was "can they do it against the smaller teams who will sit back and not let us play on the counter". The succession of professional, efficient 1-0 victories that followed was no surprise to me. That was the result I was sure we were going to do it then and I would look back on as the most important.

But the moment I was 100% confident was when Ulloa stuck that penalty in against West Ham. 

For me it’s between spurs and Norwich 

Man City fell away after Pelegrínni announced he was leaving so I believe that they wouldn’t have competed to the end, even if we hadn’t won there.

winning at spurs was massive - I considered Norwich as that was off the back of the arsenal defeat and failing to beat them could have had a significant mental effect. But I plumped for spurs, especially as arsenal failed to win at anfield on the same night and we had just come off the back of a couple of draws I think ......

26 minutes ago, Tuna said:

he Arsenal loss with Fuchs and Simpson coming in thereafter

I was going to say this, not just for the lesson in how not to defend and the subsequent personnel change, but for the fan's reaction according to the score line we got thrashed, but the Fan's were behind the team the whole game. Every kick off we roared them on, I think the fan's that day turned what could have been a spirit crushing defeat into a huge positive that gave the players the confidence to know that whatever happened we were behind them.

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Also when did you know we were gonna win it? I think it was the Ulloa penalty against West Ham for me

I wasn't 100% confident of winning it until Craig Dawson went from Zero to hero against Spurs.

Spurs 1-1 West Brom. Dawson scored an own goal to give spurs the lead then equalized himself 2nd half. As soon as he scored I remember going mental and thinking Spurs were shitting themselves.

I knew it was our time when he equalized. I was always skeptical of it being too good to be true. We then went into the Man U game with the chance of winning it and I wasn't at all worried when we got the draw. 

Oh to relive those moments again

• Like 2

Villa at home was important physiologically but it was also the day which made me really take note of Kante. He came on around the 65th minute mark and we were losing 2-0 and I remember him winning balls out of nowhere and thinking we have got a hell of a player here. The rest as they say is history. 

1 hour ago, theessexfox said:

Maybe not as important as others but 4-0 at home to Swansea came to mind - Vardy suspended, a lot of nerves pre-match, Ranieri played Schlupp on the left to add a bit of pace and we demolished them. 

I think this game was the most important. Following on from drawing to West Ham at home and Vardy being suspended. Lose to Swansea and all of a sudden the run in of Man Utd away, Everton and Chelsea away would have got me very nervous. 

Also the business end of the season when it really counts. 

So many key moments.My personal favourite was Vardys second v Sunderland away.Wots his face really should have equalised seconds earlier.He then rounds the keeper and it was one of those rare occasions when you knew it was a nailed on goal.In such an important game.Really envy anyone who went.Don’t think I’ve ever celebrated a goal so much.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

August the following season...Still Finding it difficult to realise we had taken the title,but the commentator telling all and Sundry,that Leicester City,the reigning

Champions selection will be looking different in the new season...No Kante..!!!

Then we got totally outfought by Hull who had about 12 players.

Bloody typical lol

Edited by Danizen

2 hours ago, Eamonn said:

I went for Man City. For me, that was a statement game. But maybe the defeat at Arsenal should get a mention, as it seemed to galvanise the squad.

I agree. I was very confident after the win an Man City but, after the 2-1 reverse at Arsenal I sort of 'knew it'.

Ranieri's public comments afterwards about not feeling sorry for ourselves and not moaning and that Arsenal should be congratulated were perfect.   

30 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I wasn't 100% confident of winning it until Craig Dawson went from Zero to hero against Spurs.

Spurs 1-1 West Brom. Dawson scored an own goal to give spurs the lead then equalized himself 2nd half. As soon as he scored I remember going mental and thinking Spurs were shitting themselves.

I knew it was our time when he equalized. I was always skeptical of it being too good to be true. We then went into the Man U game with the chance of winning it and I wasn't at all worried when we got the draw. 

Oh to relive those moments again

I remember watching that on TV at the time and celebrating. Also that was the game after which Dele Alli was retrospectively given a 3 match ban and they only got 1 more point

image.png.90c7ee05c13d3d9750c4cac6cb96f1af.png

Norwich at home, classic example of winning late on when not playing well.

Also shows how special sport is, 88 minutes of bang average football was worth it ten times over just for the joy of that late winning goal.

• Like 1

I voted for Hotspuds away but I find it impossible to say the most important. 

The ultimate key was the series of 1 nils. Still remember the crowd on their feet all around the ground for the final minutes of those games where we we holding a single goal advantage. Claudio waving his arms about as we celebrated every throw-in, free kick and goalkick. Sir Jeff and young Gray were particularly good at holding the ball in the corners to run the clock down. I have to take some credit for this as my son and I found the 1 nil turnstile that we had to use during this run. Bloody supperstions, we had a quite a few as we both lost our senses during the run in. 

Where's the book telling this story? The ones available just don't do it justice. 

norwich i think. man city was probs our best performance, comfortably beating them and liverpool in the same week was crazy, but if we had lost to arsenal, drew with a basically relegated norwich and then drew at home with a really rubbish west brom i think we would've started to say fair play lads what a season but we obv aren't title contenders. 

think arsenal went and lost to the worst united team of all time the next day as well, and a lot of that must've been because they'd watched us the day before and realised they hadn't actually won the league when they beat us, we still weren't fu cking off like they all assumed we would have the decency to do. 

Spurs drawing at home to Baggies was when I believed we'd done it. 

Winning at Spurs turned out to be massive though and in hindsight i'd have to go that. So many pivotal results at pivotal times throughout that season though.