Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

Guest ttfn

Sometimes I watch us on Sky and think we’ve been mugged off with Bill Leslie and Andy Hinchcliffe, very much Sky’s B team.

I will never think that again. Tyler is just so painful to listen to. In the end I muted him for about 25 minutes either side of half time.

I just wish we had a real killer instinct. You could tell we were satisfied with a point on 90 mins. The opposition had 10 men and zero attacking intent left.

It's what will ultimately cost us i think. We're just a bit too nice. Like going to out of form teams throughout 2020 and getting their seasons back on track.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah not so much that we didn't score, but we never even looked like scoring! That was a chance of a lifetime and would have been huge for the season.

I think that shows you though that Vardy apart we are a young team. That's where big players make names for themselves, turning those maybe moments into big ones.

Missing Maddison and Ricardo though is going to massively reduce the creativity in our team, as was shown during that last 10.

Agreed. I am convinced Ricky P would have scored a worldy if he'd been taking that shot rather than Praet at the end.

Nothing against Praet. It's just a Ricky P thing 😍

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good result all things considered.

We were absolutely shat in that 8 minutes of added time though. So frustrating.

Feel for the broadcast team at Sky, not getting their big club win bonuses. They must be gutted.

• Like 1

I'll take the point. At least they showed grit to get that equalizer. A while ago heads would of dropped. Also not bad considering we were missing 3 first team players in Ricardo, Maddison and Chillwell and our squad depth is thin to say the least. Well done lads 👏 

Certain win at Bournemouth!

Edited by Hales

Guest bennytwohats
Just now, Aus Fox said:

How can the top 4 be gone with that, when we’re still in the top 4.

I think United are going to beat us. Assuming we keep pace between now and then, we needed to maintain a 3 point gap with them, which will be gone if they win their game in hand.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The only interesting thing this season will be who makes cl, Leicester or Man Utd, and it’s all being set up by the league

To be fair we set it up ourselves by being bang average against Watford and shit against Brighton.

Point is about right. Tradition says it’s all you can expect away at Arsenal but realistically you’d hope for a winning goal against 10 men. 

Obviously form and context we could have done with more but a point against Arsenal is a decent result and we’ve certainly picked up since our slow start. 

Biggest concern with Rodgers’ Leicester: we have a total lack of urgency when we need it most, you’d expect a Leicester side to be surfing those 8 minutes of stoppage time. ‘Foxes Never Quit’ isn’t ringing true at the moment. 

How good a point that is really depends on our next 2 winnable games- 6 points from those and it's a great result, 5th in the bag and in the driving seat for 4th.

Infuriating watching us dick about with it around the half way line in stoppage time though. That was there to be won.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

How can the top 4 be gone with that, when we’re still in the top 4.

Yeah i'm thinking beat Bournemouth and Sheff utd, hopefully grab a draw at Spurs and it will be in our hands come the last day of the season.