Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Thought we had nicked it. My bladder couldn't make the 8 mins injury time so went loo leaving my lady in the living room

She then shouts Leicester have scored.

I ran in the room cheering........... only to find it is 1-1

Oh she says, I thought they were losing 1-0

Dump the bitch.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Thought we had nicked it. My bladder couldn't make the 8 mins injury time so went loo leaving my lady in the living room

She then shouts Leicester have scored.

I ran in the room cheering........... only to find it is 1-1

Oh she says, I thought they were losing 1-0

I'd be fuming, get that spare bed set up for her tonight :thumbdown:

• Haha 1

Can’t believe people thinking we should have scored in the injury time. 

As player, you are knackered and tired. You’ve played six games in about 20 days and you are attacking nine defenders. It’s hard. 

We were always going to need wins against Bournemouth and Sheffield United. The point has prolonged the chase. 

The success of our season is decided on Monday in an arbitration court sadly. Fell apart between January and March. Then when the rules were skewed, we were ata disadvantage. 

Why were Sky rumbling about Arsenal and Champions League? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mythyaar said:

Gray's simply not good enough is he?

Two assists since he's come back into the team. He actually adds a good deal of creativity/unpredictably which we miss without Ricardo and Maddison so I would start him next game. 

• Like 2

I would have taken a point at the start of play but after our equaliser I was appalled by our intent. The vibe I felt was no urgency like it was a training game, we should have at least tried to get the winner but I can only describe our play after our goal as tepid! So disappointed we didn’t at least go for it!

We were in control for that second half as well and got fortunate with a correct red card decision (glad Justin is ok, could have been a nasty injury if his knee landed straight).

Just now, shailen said:

Two assists since he's come back into the team. He actually adds a good deal of creativity/unpredictably which we miss without Ricardo and Maddison so I would start him next game. 

He did far more than anyone else creativity wise when he came on. I would start him too. 

• Like 1

Started well.

Ended well.

Dodgy refereeing decision against a "big team", imagine my shock. 

Champs league may be possible if Man C get banned.

We missed Madders and Chilwell.

Alan smith is a massive bell end.

It was a bit disappointing.

We didn't play to our two strikers enough and at the end we really pissed about with the ball instead of attacking the box.

Happy for Vardy - he'll keep scoring for us now and see us into the CL. 

Kasper was good, Evans was good, Justin and  Soyuncu had a good second half.

I was happy with Perez and Vardy pushed through again.

YT, Ndidi were a bit poor.

Subs didn't add much 

We were good enough to beat them but didn't. A point is probably reasonable and I think that puts Arse out of the equation and Spurs and Sheffield just about out too. 6th is probably the lowest we can go and Sheffield can help us out with that tomorrow.

So disappointing but could have been worse.

Edit: I thought Albrighton did well, Iheanacho and bennett were okay too.

Edited by Guest

Unbelievable array of emotions again. Lucky not to be 3 nil down after half an hour but then have a perfectly good goal chalked off, then fully expected us to lose 2 or 3 nil second half but then suddenly a red card. After the red card I still expected them to pull every one back and hang on to a 1 nil. Then we score. Then I'm thinking we've actually got a chance of winning, then 8 minutes goes up they take off Aubamayang. And then I'm thinking OK just one chance. Then we get a free kick in their half......... and pass it backwards

Then we get a throw in near their goal. OK Fuchs lob it in get every forward. 

Oh ok no pass it backwards. 

So from a defo loss to good chance of winning, don't know what to think. All  I know is there's a very good chance we will finish 5th unless we win all our last 4.

• Like 1

How frustrating to see our final 11 showing such a great shape and balance compared to what was put out to start.

Yes it was against 10 men for a large part of those final moments, but we played some nice stuff with much greater conviction.

Maybe we’ve been searching too hard for answers during this bad run - playing players in positions and formations that are completely alien to them is unlikely to work in the long run.

Fingers crossed this breaths some confidence into the squad for a final push to secure the rewards that over the season these players deserve.

This season is so weird! As much as I can't stand Villa but we all need to get behind them now and hope they can muster a draw. Park the brummy bus and unleash a counter with greasylish the goal scorer. :thumbup:

• Like 1