Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

Just now, sdb said:

I just wish we had a real killer instinct. You could tell we were satisfied with a point on 90 mins. The opposition had 10 men and zero attacking intent left.

I disagree. I think we went for it but our desperation meant we weren't thinking clearly, hence the rushed passing etc.

• Like 1

Hopefully proves a decisive point.

Effectively ends Arsenals chances of catching us. If they'd won they could have reeled us in.

Massive last day of the season in the offing.

City vs United and Chelsea vs Wolves with 2 or 3 Champions league spots up for grabs

Just now, Free Falling Foxes said:

Thought we had nicked it. My bladder couldn't make the 8 mins injury time so went loo leaving my lady in the living room

She then shouts Leicester have scored.

I ran in the room cheering........... only to find it is 1-1

Oh she says, I thought they were losing 1-0

Divorce her

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah not so much that we didn't score, but we never even looked like scoring! That was a chance of a lifetime and would have been huge for the season.

I think that shows you though that Vardy apart we are a young team. That's where big players make names for themselves, turning those maybe moments into big ones.

Missing Maddison and Ricardo though is going to massively reduce the creativity in our team, as was shown during that last 10.

Yeah. We had an additional man and we should have kept pumping it up.  

Particularly disappointed with Tielemans - he is meant to be our most creative midfielder out there but he just kept passing sideways or backwards with no urgency to Evans or Soy in the last 10 mins!

At least Gray and Justin did try to go forward while Praet was trying to make runs (though often ignored).

Edited by Tom12345

Good deserved point . 
Felt “they”did everything to try not give a red card and to try  disallow vardy goal ... you could see Perez hadn’t touch the ball from the first replay... 

With the usual Arsenal roll around and newly annual red card against us , (deffo red on replay) why did the ref have to have a look ? His studs was showing knee  height ...

time wasting , more rolling around, big boot from them ... sub from them more rolling around 8 mins could have been half hour .... CHEATS .

A point at the arsenal.

Can't complain with a point at Arsenal considering our record there. I feel like we are back on track now, especially Vards now that he has got to 100. Last few minutes definitely highlighted a bit of immaturity in the side though.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Agreed. I am convinced Ricky P would have scored a worldy if he'd been taking that shot rather than Praet at the end.

Nothing against Praet. It's just a Ricky P thing.

Spot on!

Could you imagine Ricky P out on the right with Arse down to 10 and the ball coming out there time and again? Would have run them ragged and right into the ground.

• Like 1

I think we were more direct under Puel when we were chasing a game. A good point given the first half but we should have put them under so much more pressure rather than neatly keeping possession 

Good point. If we can beat Bournemouth away and Sheff Utd home, this will seem an even better one however. 

Hate to say it, but maybe Villa could do us a good turn and finally turn up to a match and get something v Man U? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

I just wish we had a real killer instinct. You could tell we were satisfied with a point on 90 mins. The opposition had 10 men and zero attacking intent left.

It's what will ultimately cost us i think. We're just a bit too nice. Like going to out of form teams throughout 2020 and getting their seasons back on track.

“V, A, R... D, Y!”

:nigel:

Edited by Beechey
  • Haha 1