Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

Really need Man U to slip up, but there run in is easier then ours

I don't know about you, but I'm hoping that Man City's ban stays in place and it means 5th place gets Champions League football, because right now I don't think we will get 4th, even though a point tonight was a good result.

It's easy to say the team have bottled it, which to some degree they have, but this is a very young team we must remember, who are reliant upon the experienced guys to pull it out of the bag for us. Who were our best players tonight? Kasper kept us in it, Evans immense apart from a slip for the goal, and Vardy got the equaliser. All the rest are still making their way. The whole pandemic and playing with no crowd is also a huge factor.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Good point considering the first half was 90% arsenal. Last 10 minutes drove me mental though, ****ing get it in the box!!!! Stop passing sideways and backwards we could easily get a ****j g winner!!!! 

Im sure within the 8 minutes of added time, we only had grays cross, that the keeper caught as a shot on target.

so frustrating 😫

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

Really need Man U to slip up, but there run in is easier then ours

I could see Palace getting a point against them - they have to turn the tide eventually and they tend to turn up for those big matches. Chelsea have a tough run in as well. 

Business end of the season. Every point counts. It isn’t at Arsenal away that you secure qualification in the top 4. It’s Bournemouth and Sheff United which matter. However we got it, we didn’t lose, we didn’t let arsenal close the gap and we added one more to the total. United will keep winning, we just need to make sure that we do the same for the next two games and that’s the difference between this being a good or bad point.

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

Not a fan of Gray but felt he kept putting himself wide for the ball and being ignored by Justin. Didn’t do much wrong tonight 

agree with ya but also felt like he should have been going at that last man we know he can dribble. Just get the free kick if all else fails but try he must.

Yeah take that but I dunno for me Arsenal were there for the taking, we dominated for the first 15 minutes... conceded a poor goal which took us by shock for a while and went in at half time look deflated. Second half much better took the game to Arsenal, but saying that did we trouble there goalkeeper enough. Got the equaliser late on and looked like we could go on to nick it by ran out of time.

Also as usual the biasedness of sky sports contuines, playing down a clear sending off... then go quiet when we scored. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

7 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Sky are going to come up with a reason why Arsenals 2nd goal should have stood, the sending off was wrong and Vardy was offside. 

I was furious that they were trying to justify Nketiah's 'challenge'. It was a high foot, nowhere near the ball and looked like was looking straight at Justin. Studs were up, straight into a leg. Looked like Justin even tried to turn away from the challenge because he could see it coming!

I mean, there was almost no suggestion by the commentators that it was the right call. At all.

Edited by CloudFox

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's no coincidence we've looked really poor since Ricardo got inured. James Justin for me has impressed given he was playing in League One this time last year, but Ricardo is for me the best right back in the division. Yes even better than Alexander-Arnold, who might be the better player but is not as good defensively. Ricardo you could put in any team in the world and he would improve it. We know he's that good.

The Guy was class before he joined us - the only surprise Is no one else took a punt before us.

But not a bad player for Justin to learn from and as you say, I like what I’ve seen from him.

A lot was asked of him tonight, but he stuck to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah. We had an additional man and we should have kept pumping it up.  

Particularly disappointed with Tielemans - he is meant to be our most creative midfielder out there but he just kept passing sideways or backwards with no urgency to Evans or Soy in the last 10 mins!

At least Gray and Justin did try to go forward while Praet was trying to make runs (though often ignored).

I think that's harsh on Tielemans as hes a playmaker after all. He had a great game at crystal palace and with Maddison next to him the team functions better in midfield. Arsenals backline were choking vards and nacho pretty well and without the wingers getting up and down the pitch 1st half then how was he supposed to play forward.