Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

But a season is played over 38 games is it not? What position before a ball was kicked did you think we would finish this season? We finished 20 points off the top 6 last year FFS

I think the point isn't so much our finishing position this season but what it will be next season. Its more than just poor form now 

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Might be reactionary but let's be honest, the last few managers have started well then it collapses around them.

Pattern is here.

That's a good point. Wonder why it's happened like that. We started well under Ranieri, Shakey, Puel and Rodgers. It's like we lag behind the previous managers style of play and just understand it when the new manager comes in and then he implements his ideas which we don't understand till the next one is in

3 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The change didn’t make Kasper ping it st8 @ Ndidi”s back, it didn’t make Cags lash out, it didn’t make Fuchs hospital pass it to a rooted Bennett and it didn’t make the ball bounce of Evans leg.

They had 45mins to save their season and our defensive unit aided them nothing else no snakes in the changing room just players losing their concentration 

But it did completely change our style of play from the start of the second half to the point we soiled ourselves. 

• Like 2

I really wanted us to get him after our last manager. He was the best option I thought at the time, However I am very concerned with his tactics.

Today we were in complete control of the game at half time. No reason to change anything but he changes it, we loose a grip on the game.
We messed up giving him a new contact and a huge pay rise so soon after being appointed manager. I feel if we don’t qualify for the champions league he won’t last long into next year. 
To be honest I am so annoyed that we have messed up champions league qualifying so bad. 

Just now, Col city fan said:

I say again, the worrying sign for me tonight was how we just bottled it

1-4 against a dog awful side..

‘Where’s the strength an belief in our side? It’s just literally fizzled away

This is a concern, but always blaming the manager is a very easy and lazy way out. Tonight began with Kasper’s error, but there should have been some mental strength I agree.

It's not the right time to make these decisions as we're all completely rattled but I don't think the suggestion should be ridiculed either. Make no mistake - we are firmly on a slump and I'm not convinced he knows how to turn this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Rodgers has no faith in our players to outscore our opponents and it's rubbing off on the players massively

The ironic thing is thats exactly how we should play.

But nah let's playing this negative, passive, defensive game, it's riveting, it really is.

I'm just abit gutted we have to wait till Thursday to see some more of it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The change didn’t make Kasper ping it st8 @ Ndidi”s back, it didn’t make Cags lash out, it didn’t make Fuchs hospital pass it to a rooted Bennett and it didn’t make the ball bounce of Evans leg.

They had 45mins to save their season and our defensive unit aided them nothing else no snakes in the changing room just players losing their concentration 

Cause and effect

• Like 1

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

What’s this got to do with next season? It’s all about this season 

Whether he's actually going to address the issues that have seen us perform like this since December. I'd have taken 7th at the start of the season so the position we're in isn't my issue

Edited by foxfanazer

2 minutes ago, Captain... said:

What does that even mean? I've seen a few people say it, how is he trying to be clever? He's managing the squad in the most intense period of football ever known. It's like the festive period extended over 6 weeks.

We had the game won, Praet for Nacho shouldn't have changed that, and wouldn't have done if not for an absolute shocker from Kasper and Ndidi, followed by Cags stupidity, compounded by Evans own goal and Fuchs crap throw.

For me taking Nacho off when we'd completely dominated the 1 st half sent out the message we're going to defend this 1 nil lead, what more motivation could we have given Bournemouth.  The then under pressure became a disorganised rabble with Kasper the worse culprit although he was awful for 90mins.

Nacho certainly didn't need resting so that's no excuse.

I don't want him out but he made a big error of judgement.

5 minutes ago, Guest said:

That would have more weight if a) literally every team in the league weren't in the exact same position and b) our horrid form didn't comfortably predate the pandemic. I don't want him sacked (I don't think, anyway) but it's turning into a mighty old slump and he doesn't seem much closer to correcting it. 

Not excusing performance, more mitigating Rodger's subs. He's trying to use the squad to stop more injuries, some of the subs may seem odd but we don't know the toll all these games are taking on the players. Albrighton off injured today, Ake for them. 

We don't know Nachos fitness levels and we should have had more than enough to beat Bournemouth with Praet, they didn't look like scoring until Kasper's brain fart.

Edited by Captain...

Tbh. ..ever since Arsenal apparently turned his head ..and board rewarded him with a ridiculous contract..we hv been v poor since Norwich home

Todays utter shambolic collapse reminds me of my home team Plymouth's pathetic collapse at d mighty Accrington Stanley (5-1) when dictatorial Derek Adams had well n truly lost d dressing room in April 2019

Bodes v badly for nest season ..which will start quite soon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Might be reactionary but let's be honest, the last few managers have started well then it collapses around them.

Pattern is here.

I totally agree

We haven’t looked a proper team in ages, I still say to this day we should of signed 2 or 3 players in January 

15 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

But surrendering the initiative and having about three attacking players on the pitch against a diabolical team, which is what they were first half. Helped put them and us in those positions.

First half they had one touch in our box.... one.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

Just now, J.Lisemore said:

How can we blame Rodgers for this? Individual errors is what lost us this game. Bournemouth were absolutely atrocious, by far the worst team in this league, and we handed it to them on a plate...

We went so defensive, passive and negative after half time.