Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, Crowfeathers said:

I've been a Filberts fan for 55 years and this is the second best season we have had in that time. Some of you need to grow some balls.

I couldn't watch after 1-1, the manager picks the team from what he has, an its a dream to be 4th at this stage, my frustrations would be mainly with our midfield for the first 20 mins of the second half not to control that game irrespective of what Rogers said, I would rather get rid of Schmeichel than Rogers, like others have said this is a pattern over a number of managers good start which turns sour, lets get rid of the few last fee team of Champions, Vardy aside. 

Edited by Beachyboy

Come on lads we have to acknowledge that rodgers signings have been bang average to say the least.

pèrez, praet are in and out the side and james is not ready for prem football the step from league 1 to prem is just too big.

Bennett is useless and too slow and is no better than Morgan and we was crying out for another top quality centre half.

we needed another striker and failed to address that.

Our form over the the 2nd half of season is relegation fodder.

We are lucky we started so well.

can see wolves and Sheffield u leapfrogging us!

• Like 1

Is there precedent for 2 managers on a match day? One to stand on the touchline and work with them in the week and the other to filter out subs? Bring us that and we get 3rd comfortably this year 

The mad thing is it’s a valid discussion to have. I don’t believe it would be a valid decision to sack him, but it’s fair enough to ask the question.

If you want to judge him based on performance in 2019 then of course it might seem absurd to even discuss this. If you want to judge him based on what we’ve seen for the last 7 months then it’s a perfectly reasonable question to ask.

Personally I think it would be an incorrect decision to get rid but he needs to answer some tough questions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

Puel's last game was a 4-1 loss to Palace but this feels souch worse. Literally a game of two halfs. We looked good first half and were in total control whereas they were quite frankly the worst team I've seen in a half of football this season. Then it pretty much reversed in the second half. Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. The Schmeichel error for the penalty, scoring from one ball over the top and Schmeichel flapping at the shot, Soyuncu trying to drop kick Wilson, Evans own goal, Evans gifting them a fifth almost with a back header. That game defies all logic. 

Am I right our last 10 games is worse form than Puel's last 10 games?

I think that Top and Co will be asking some serious questions about the catastrophic loss of form. 
If we start next season poorly, I would not fancy Brendons chances of surviving. 
Let’s not forget that not long ago we were well ahead of the pack in the league, in a cup semi final, and another cup quarter final. 
How on earth do you blow all three ?? It’s free fall at its finest. 
The worry is that will the owner feel like bank rolling Brendon in the close season ? If not, then he is on borrowed time. 

41 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Too soon.

Seriously concerned that this continues into next season though. If we’re still playing this badly 15 games into next season he’ll have to go

Same as Liverpool.

7 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I wonder if the Southampton forum was the same after they collapsed embarrassingly? Keep it calm boys, it was just a calamity. Time for them to put it right against Sheffield Utd. 

They would be if they were 14 points ahead in the Champions League places and lost to a dismal team like Bournemouth* from a perfect position.

*To any Bournemouth fans looking on. Well done. Made us look like chumps.

Just now, buzzer_b said:

Think he needs to learn that when we’re in front in a game we truly need to win, and should win comfortably, taking off a striker for an extra midfielder was a dog shit move.

I mean it's not rocket science is it!

His tactics are shambolic and ive seen many odd subs at times and in game

situation that made no sense. 

On the other hand I can see what hes trying to style us on.

Whatever he is telling the players to do is plain wrong - like the defence and kasper passing it around even when the the defenders know they're about to be dispossessed like in the second half today with Bournemouth's front 2, that's BR's instructions so I hope he goes and maybe there an instant reaction for the last 3 games. 

I hope maddison and tielmans and other players get to be played to their strengths. Maddison has already come out and said in the press this year that he doesnt see himself as a no8 so what is BR doing, wasting his talents....

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

yeah and the last 18 games have be nearly relegation form, the first half the season is a distant memory

teams momentum is normally how they finish a season 

Disagree, you can’t worry about next season till this one is over, and I apologise that you are witnessing the second best season on out premier league history, you sound like an arsenal or spurs fan, you seek to think we should be a champions league team based on nothing whatsoever. 

Mental that this is a thing, but I have to say i'm utterly gobsmacked at what I have witnessed tonight. Forget the players, you could feel a real momentum change after the half time sub.

He took off a striker, who essentially had a first half assist & is great and receiving the ball, turning & running towards goal... replaced him with a box to box midfielder. 

What am I missing? Bournemouth didn't offer anything in the first half whatsoever, why change it? 

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The difference with Taylor is, even when we were top of the league we were playing crap and nobody could quite believe where we were. Under Rodgers we've have played some brilliant football and were 2nd and 3rd on merit. This years collapse has been shocking and I'm beginning to doubt Brendan. I'm no happy clappy do gooder. I wanted Puel out after 3 months but now's not the time to sack Rodgers.

Me and you were staunchly disgruntled by Puel and his brand of football.

I genuinely don't see alot of difference.

9 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Perhaps it is the players, we've had this with Ranieri, Shakespeare, Puel (god forgive) and now Rodgers.  We seem to be a club that can play great in patches one half great and then the other s**te!

They're different players. Rodgers inherited the best squad we've had for years.

4 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

We are not strong enough for success in the Europa League and it will drain our PL performance. Fluking a CL position maybe even more embarrassing.

... very ominous for next seasons points total 

Agree . A europa campaign with the extra games involved with have us in a season long relegation battle  

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

They would be if they were 14 points ahead in the Champions League places and lost to a dismal team like Bournemouth* from a perfect position.

*To any Bournemouth fans looking on. Well done. Made us look like chumps.

No. They were on a dismal run of form and looking like dropping out the the league, losing 9-0 at home.

It was dire, we have been dire for a while, but come on!! These are exceptional circumstances and it was an awful day at the office. Time to take it to Sheff Utd and see if the boys have any mettle. 

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

I know I’d get some stick for saying it but I’d much prefer to have Dyche here than Rodgers. At least we’d have some sort of fight and spine. 

Makes me laugh when people call Burnley boring, perhaps they are but atleast they show fight and are solid, besides have people actually watched us? Pot Kettle.

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Am I right our last 10 games is worse form than Puel's last 10 games?

I think it's exactly the same. 10 points from the last 10 games. You could argue that's a long enough period to be a concern if it was for Puel

Just now, Matt said:

Me and you were staunchly disgruntled by Puel and his brand of football.

I genuinely don't see alot of difference.

When we're poor we're just as bad, I agree but at our best far superior. we will be top 6 and we were never anywhere near that under Puel.