Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

That's a good point. Wonder why it's happened like that. We started well under Ranieri, Shakey, Puel and Rodgers. It's like we lag behind the previous managers style of play and just understand it when the new manager comes in and then he implements his ideas which we don't understand till the next one is in

I’ve posted this in another thread a few weeks ago.

Anyone seeing a pattern here... we get a new manager, become Barcelona for a few weeks / months and then go back to being shit?

It’s easy to blame the players, but if you look a little closer, since we won the league, I think the pattern goes like this... new manger comes in, takes a while assessing and getting to know the players. During this period the team has more freedom to play the way they want and we look unstoppable. Manger is now settled in and is ready to make his mark on the club so starts changing the way we play.

Suddenly we look nothing like the team that was banging in goals for fun just a few month ago. Instead our style and tactics become increasingly negative but the manage continues with their new approach. We offer zero threat in front of goal, our form gets worse, the players can see the new style isn’t working and start to loose interest. At this point the manger is loosing control so we begin to see bizarre team selections and subs. Manager is sacked, players get labelled snakes. Rinse, rave, repeat. 

Every team needs to evolve, but if the new way doesn’t work, go back to the style that was workinguntil you’re able to recruit the right players for the new system. Since winning the league, rather than go back to what was successful, all our managers have decided to make changes and stick by an approach that clearly wasn’t right. 

In the space of weeks we went from being ruthless and winning 0-9, to only being able to pass the ball backwards and sideways. This current system isn’t working, we need to drop it and go back to what we were doing before December.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The only players here from 4/5 years ago are Kasper, Wes, Albrighton, Fuchs and Vardy.

Making that sub at half time was definitely Rodgers fault, you cannot defend him (if it wasn't due to an injury concern).

Gray? 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I say again, the worrying sign for me tonight was how we just bottled it

1-4 against a dog awful side..

‘Where’s the strength an belief in our side? It’s just literally fizzled away

I think this is a combination of the team been too young, and also the Manager, he seems to never or rarely give orders during a match, just leaving the players to it, and works primarily on confidence, but what has been really bad is since the restart his half time substitutions have all negatively affected games, barring one game.  Taking off nacho at half time for a midfielder, I did wonder if he would get away with it, as it was mental, it shifted the momentum of the game to Bournemouth.  Also perez wasnt up top with vardy either, he was pushed back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

But a season is played over 38 games is it not? What position before a ball was kicked did you think we would finish this season? We finished 20 points off the top 6 last year FFS

yeah and the last 18 games have be nearly relegation form, the first half the season is a distant memory

teams momentum is normally how they finish a season 

13 minutes ago, l444ry said:

When you lose a two leg tie against Villa, get one point against Norwich and lose in this fashion at Bournemouth then questions need to be asked.

Totally agree.

Not just the results either but the manner of performances in these games. Pitiful

• Like 2

Get this waste of space gone. Terrible since the lockdown ended, but we've been terrible since the start of December if we're honest.

For someone who's supposed to be such a great tactician, he clearly has no idea how to change things or manage games. Subs and tactical changes have been just baffling. 

2 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

How can we blame Rodgers for this? Individual errors is what lost us this game. Bournemouth were absolutely atrocious, by far the worst team in this league, and we handed it to them on a plate...

All turned at half time- put us on the back foot, not sure we got in their final third in the entire second half after not allowing them in our third for the whole first half.

Inexcusable tactical change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

No way should he be sacked, calm down. But that was a terrible game with terrible  decisions and I’m gutted. He needs to learn from it quickly and put it right. X

You seem ummm.... very ummm... forgiving.

This bad run of games has lasted 20 games now, is 20 attempts to put it right enough? if not how many is needed?

Lost nearly all my confidence in Rodgers and this team. He doesn’t seem to do the normal things as any manager would or does them at the wrong time. He can’t adapt when he has to and when we don’t have to he tries switch things up.. baffling

Puel's last game was a 4-1 loss to Palace but this feels souch worse. Literally a game of two halfs. We looked good first half and were in total control whereas they were quite frankly the worst team I've seen in a half of football this season. Then it pretty much reversed in the second half. Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. The Schmeichel error for the penalty, scoring from one ball over the top and Schmeichel flapping at the shot, Soyuncu trying to drop kick Wilson, Evans own goal, Evans gifting them a fifth almost with a back header. That game defies all logic. 

What really pissed me off at 1-0 up is how we just coasted like we had a god given right to win the game. You saw Southampton against Man City the other night busting a gut like their lives depended on it even though they have nothing to play for. Best chance of CL for many years I suspect and we look like absolutely bottling it

• Like 1

The most worrying thing is that a champions league place is at stake yet he can't seem to motivate the players to put in a decent performance. Any crucial game we have had under Rodgers we have bottled. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Oh come on :nono:, you cant possibly say that based on one season with inherited players that we have over performed in.

Get a grip, you guys are idiots.

We'll keep watching him capitulate under pressure. Liverpool throwing away the title. Losing the a rubbish Villa side over 2 legs. Throwing away a 14 point lead here.

Have any of his teams held their nerve when there's pressure on? Personally I think there are obvious areas where he's a superb manager. He's shown plenty of times in his career that his teams have no bottle. I get the impression his desire to be liked stops him from getting that extra bit out of the players. 

Schmeichel aside, nobody seems to care when things go wrong.

• Like 2

Look he is not going to get sacked, it would cost us too much & he has obviously been appointed for the long term.

However he does have a lot to answer for. When he first came & earlier this season we were playing positive, attacking football with great pace. That has now all gone & we play numerous passes going nowhere. Bournemouth must be one of the worst teams ever to be in the Premier & we should have picked a team to attack them with pace, Liverpool, Chelsea or either of the Mancs would have scored 6 against them.

He has now become a totally negative manager & this has obviously transmitted to the players. It does not help that 3 of our best players are missing, but we should have strengthened in January, a Wolves reserve who is no good or why would they be happy to sell him, was not the answer.

Although I don't think there is any chance he will be sacked, I really cannot see that this is much of an improvement on Claude, other than you can understand what he says

If Rodgers is sacked now, just like at Liverpool, nobody will want such a pariah again. He was a busted flush then and is a busted flush now. Our owners were suckered in by his clever rehabilitation in a no lose job. Even then, the appearance of Gerrard from nowhere was a threat and he was being found out even there. It's going to be costly but get rid of this jerk quick before he and his numpty counterpart spend the money and really damage us!

The difference with Taylor is, even when we were top of the league we were playing crap and nobody could quite believe where we were. Under Rodgers we've have played some brilliant football and were 2nd and 3rd on merit. This years collapse has been shocking and I'm beginning to doubt Brendan. I'm no happy clappy do gooder. I wanted Puel out after 3 months but now's not the time to sack Rodgers.