Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Yeah. Blamed their mentality, defending and attitude really. Stuck up for Kasper but that's so poor what he's done. Didn't take an ounce of responsibility 

Type of person he is I said it earlier he can't admit when he's wrong too bigheaded. 

Its valid to have this discussion because since December or 15 odd games ago we’ve been in near enough relegation form. Its not good enough and questions need to be asked.

Personally i’m on the fence but leaning towards go. I have the same feeling now as I did with Puel and that is I just cant see how Rodgers will arrest this slide. He’s been setting his teams up to try to contain opposition that we should be looking to beat for a good while now. He’s too negative in his approach and you can see the effect its having on the squad.

I hate losing but I can accept it if the team does their best to win. I can accept setting up to avoid defeat or hold onto a 1-0 lead against top opposition but I can’t accept the main tactic being to avoid defeat regardless of the opposition. Rodgers at the minute sets his teams up to contain the opposition and avoid defeat and see where it goes. He is exactly the same as Puel in this aspect and just like Puel the wheels are coming off after getting into a good position. 

Personally I think he has 5 games from the beginning of the new season to save his job and if there has been no improvement I imagine he will be told to sling his hook. 

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Marcelino 

hasenhuttl 

bordalas 

jardim 

koeman 

There are options out there. I really have to question Rodgers tactically and with his subs. 

I wonder if you'd have swapped Brendan for Hasenhuttl last October 😄

• Haha 1

Just to add I've met the guy and he really is a class act. Spoke to my daughter and had a picture with us and was all round a top bloke. This isn't a personal attack this is just me being worried about going into next season with this kind of set up

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

The messages from the club all pointed to top 4 been the target.  With top 6 been tolerated.

However that is now a distant memory, a year is a an incredibly long time in football, and expectations will have shifted by mid season.  I dont think the owners would consider 5th or 6th acceptable back in December for the salary Rodgers is on..

I’m sore the expectation was to slowly build and catch up with the top 6? We haven’t got the squad to challenge if we lose a few players. Honestly stunned people want the manager sacked and being 4th is awful🤣😂 

7 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Soyuncu what he did was wrong but I can forgive him he is still young.

But schmeichel.

He has been goal keeping for over a decade how he managed to **** that up I do not know

So you can forgive a player for completely losing his head and getting sent off, but you cant forgive a player who is a club legend & saved our bacon NUMEROUS times this season after he makes a couple of goalkeeping errors? Incredible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

I have to say I don’t really have any faith in him or his team signing anyone of the quality of Niddi or Ricardo and he sets us out so negatively 

it’s almost like he wants to be a worse manager than he could be

And Congerton his right hand man.

It will dawn on us soon how big a loss Macia really is....

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 2

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Kitchandro comparing our form to coronavirus is the most ridiculous concept and yet it's true isn't it, we're the Covid of the top flight

Brendan ensures he’s always at least 2 metres away from responsibility 

Letting Congerton loose in the transfer market worries me- I'd put it out of my mind since we brought him in because I thought Rodgers was good enough for it to not be an issue, but if we spunk all our money on dross and carry this form into next year, we could quite easily end up midtable again.

• Like 2

I wouldn't get rid, but he's got some serious questions that need to be asked of him. 

The thing that really bugs me, is what do all the assistants do? 

Did Kolo agree with the changes that were made at half time today. 

If he didn't, did he say anything? 

If he didn't, whats the point in him being there? 

3 minutes ago, L3n9a said:

So you can forgive a player for completely losing his head and getting sent off, but you cant forgive a player who is a club legend & saved our bacon NUMEROUS times this season after he makes a couple of goalkeeping errors? Incredible.

Its because I know how good he is I can't. Hes top class if he was a good at passing he wouldnt play for us.

hopefully this will be a southampton 9 nil moment for us where after they lost they started playing well.

Edited by Fightforever

Just now, Hollyfox said:

I wouldn't get rid, but he's got some serious questions that need to be asked of him. 

The thing that really bugs me, is what do all the assistants do? 

Did Kolo agree with the changes that were made at half time today. 

If he didn't, did he say anything? 

If he didn't, whats the point in him being there? 

He doesn't appear to think he has

5 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I wonder if you'd have swapped Brendan for Hasenhuttl last October 😄

Don’t get me wrong I do like Rodgers. You’ve got to question our form since xmas. Tactically he seems to get more wrong than right. I’d give him the start of next season but there are options out there. Hasenhuttl has done really well since we beat them.

9 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I agree the squad is the best we've had for years, but there seems to be a pattern and perhaps the players are not mentally strong enough.

Personally, I just feel that Rodgers is a total charlatan. I think like at his other clubs, after about 18 months, players see through his sharp talk and see right through the shite. They really can't feasibly have any confidence in his decision making now, his tactics and team selections have been so bad for so long. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not become a bit of a joke.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Happy to get hammered but is it possible Iheanacho was getting rested for Sheffeld or was injured.  We've been playing lots of matches. We had Barnes on the bench and was ready to come on right before the melt down. Wonder why Rodgers held back?

Wat.

Before playing SU we had to beat that lot to secure the easiest game we had since like forever. You just can't take off a key player to a winning formula whilst still not having put the game to bed. It's ridiculous. We needed those 3 points, they were not only essential for the table but also for the confidence which deserted us for a while now. Get some momentum before facing SU who are no mugs. Especially since Chelsea lost yesterday and with our destiny in our hands.

Now we're playing them with confidence shot to pieces in a nothing game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1