Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We'll keep watching him capitulate under pressure. Liverpool throwing away the title. Losing the a rubbish Villa side over 2 legs. Throwing away a 14 point lead here.

Have any of his teams held their nerve when there's pressure on? Personally I think there are obvious areas where he's a superb manager. He's shown plenty of times in his career that his teams have no bottle. I get the impression his desire to be liked stops him from getting that extra bit out of the players. 

Schmeichel aside, nobody seems to care when things go wrong.

If he can get us to second best in the league I’ll be pretty bloody happy.

29 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Pathetic cave in. Rodgers has to take it on the chin. He sets them up and sends them out. Have always supported him but always been concerned that we play too clever by half. Need that Martin O'Neill passion sometimes, if not always.

He isn’t a patch on Martin O’Neill.

As soon as the game starts Rogers has no clue.

Martin O’Neill thrived in the 90 minutes of each game, he change tactics and formation after 15 minutes if it wasn’t working, without even making a substitution.

On game day he was on a completely different level to Brendan Rogers.

Brendan is on the same level as Sven Goran Erickson on gamedays, a one dimensional Plan A, and no working Plan B ever been seen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, sdb said:

Don't agree, but it's genuinely the worst managerial half time impact I've ever seen. 

Happy to get hammered but is it possible Iheanacho was getting rested for Sheffeld or was injured.  We've been playing lots of matches. We had Barnes on the bench and was ready to come on right before the melt down. Wonder why Rodgers held back?

Just now, SO1 said:

Happy to get hammered but is it possible Iheanacho was getting rested for Sheffeld or was injured.  We've been playing lots of matches. We had Barnes on the bench and was ready to come on right before the melt down. Wonder why Rodgers held back?

It not about the sub for me but the mentally, we back of, play backwards at every opportunity, let them get into the game.

When we should have gone for the kill.

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

They're different players. Rodgers inherited the best squad we've had for years.

I agree the squad is the best we've had for years, but there seems to be a pattern and perhaps the players are not mentally strong enough.

8 minutes ago, BlueLoo said:

I think that Top and Co will be asking some serious questions about the catastrophic loss of form. 
If we start next season poorly, I would not fancy Brendons chances of surviving. 
Let’s not forget that not long ago we were well ahead of the pack in the league, in a cup semi final, and another cup quarter final. 
How on earth do you blow all three ?? It’s free fall at its finest. 
The worry is that will the owner feel like bank rolling Brendon in the close season ? If not, then he is on borrowed time. 

They didn't strengthen properly in the transfer window just brought in Bennett and he's shite. 

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

When we're poor we're just as bad, I agree but at our best far superior. we will be top 6 and we were never anywhere near that under Puel.

We were never in it but we were chasing it before bottling it in a similar style to us being in it and bottling it.

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Yeah. Blamed their mentality, defending and attitude really. Stuck up for Kasper but that's so poor what he's done. Didn't take an ounce of responsibility 

If he's going to do that I would only say he has a point if he didnt tell them to sit back, but I think he did tell them to, and he is basically blaming them for his bad tactics.

Something happened at half time to promote that shift of focus on the pitch.

On the flip side if the players dont do hwat they told, doesnt that mean the manager has lost the dressing room?

Edited by Chrysalis

9 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I know I’d get some stick for saying it but I’d much prefer to have Dyche here than Rodgers. At least we’d have some sort of fight and spine. 

Too right, and a clear game plan. Dyche coaches his teams to play a style of football and they all work for each other. 

I'm not calling for his head yet, mainly because on paper he has certainly progressed compared other Leicester managers since Raneri's title win. I think we are going to be at least in the top six and will play some sort of european football. That's one thing he can defend himself with. However the form since Christmas can't become unnoticed, any other top four club that was sitting comfortable in third to be suddenly finish the season missing out on champions league football there would be questions. My big concern is the negative affect going into next season, will this poor form carry on into the new season... there's a lot of similaries to the 2000-01 season under Taylor great start till christmas and then we suddenly fell apart for the rest... which then come the new season... well all know what happened. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

43 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

You patronising Silly Billy

Look…. We are both arguing zeros and ones… You could be a Chinese/ Russian wind up bot sent to FoxesTalk to wind up the locals for all I know!

Assuming you’re not - You love Leicester as do I…. If we met, we’d probably get on…

One thing we can agree on is that we both hate tonights result/ performance equally…

Just now, Wolfox said:

Look…. We are both arguing zeros and ones… You could be a Chinese/ Russian wind up bot sent to FoxesTalk to wind up the locals for all I know!

Assuming you’re not - You love Leicester as do I…. If we met, we’d probably get on…

One thing we can agree on is that we both hate tonights result/ performance equally…

Yep apologies. That one hurt like no other

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

And if you think we should be challenging Liverpool and Man City that fine and your opinion, my expectation at the start of the season was to close a 20 point gap to the top 6. But clearly your expectations was to win the league 

The messages from the club all pointed to top 4 been the target.  With top 6 been tolerated.

However that is now a distant memory, a year is a an incredibly long time in football, and expectations will have shifted by mid season.  I dont think the owners would consider 5th or 6th acceptable back in December for the salary Rodgers is on..

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

Soyuncu what he did was wrong but I can forgive him he is still young.

But schmeichel.

He has been goal keeping for over a decade how he managed to **** that up I do not know

Isn’t Soyuncu like 24? He’s old enough to know that’s daft. Reminds me of Fryatt doing something similar in Sousa’s penultimate game.

Es were on Top of the game,but couldnt put the game to bed,1-2 goals 62 points was ours...!!

Bournemouth got on top,and found those extra goals.....where We couldnt.!

I am on the floor,I am shattered....

But heyo, the players Close the season out.....win 3 games..:bounce:

Maddison..Chilwell make Now names for themselves

Edited by fuchsntf