Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

As ruthless as I think Top is going to be as Chairman, I don't see him sacking Rodgers unless we fail to qualify for Europa League (which is highly unlikely). If I were Rodgers I'd start worrying around October, if this form remains.

It's worth remembering that Maddison, Chilwell and Pereira are all out and they were key for us in our good period earlier in the season. It's not really a valid excuse because obviously our squad depth should have been addressed in January, but is Rodgers solely to blame for that? 

Rodgers seems to me like the kind of manager that can't do anything wrong when we're in good form but can't do anything right when we're in poor form. I remember earlier in the season, his tactical tweaks and substitutions were exceptional. Now he looks inept.

I'm hoping the break at the end of the season gives him a chance to reflect and learn from his mistakes during our poor period, because there is a great manager in there I'm sure of it. With a few improvements to the squad and a summer of hard work, there is every chance we could come back stronger next season.

It's not like we've been 5th/6th all season, trying to get Europa League before collapsing back to 9th again, because I would get the "Rodgers Out" calls completely if that were the case. We've been 2nd/3rd all season and worst case scenario is looking like 5th or 6th. 

Perspective is always good. Yes, we may have blew a chance at Champions League but we have also broken the "Big 6" after finishing 12th, 9th & 9th consecutively. We have still made progress, and I think that is the way Top will see it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Personally, I just feel that Rodgers is a total charlatan. I think like at his other clubs, after about 18 months, players see through his sharp talk and see right through the shite. They really can't feasibly have any confidence in his decision making now, his tactics and team selections have been so bad for so long. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not become a bit of a joke.

Perhaps it is a case of the 'emperor's new clothes'.....Although a lot of ex pros and current players speak highly of him.  I myself don't like all that David Brentism style management speak, but I'm a cynical old git!

• Like 1

Looks more like a football version of David Cameron as time goes on. Got all the support needed from behind and good at self promotion and communication but when push comes to shove is found wanting. 

Absolute cowardice at half time. That Bournemouth side had no confidence at all, we should have gone out and been ruthless in the second half instead we phoned it in by removing our only that moves well to receive the ball. Bournemouth gained all the momentum because we had no intention of attacking all all. Schmeichel and Soyuncu were braindead but if we weren't so horrendously negative those incidents wouldn't have happened. I can't even go to the f ucking pub because of this c bunting second lock down. f uck off all of them

2 minutes ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

I was hoping to be the first to say Rodgers Out.  Been saying it for weeks. He is not a manager. He is a good coach to develop young players, but his tactics, substitutions and formations are puzzling

He needs to start reading Roy Of The Rovers because it a fact his tactical brain is dead.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JR99 said:

Is there precedent for 2 managers on a match day? One to stand on the touchline and work with them in the week and the other to filter out subs? Bring us that and we get 3rd comfortably this year 

Spot on.

He is useless on Matchday, like Sven and Puel.

He is no doubt a better coach than he is a Matchday manager.

That is a character flaw, when he becomes a sullen, non-speaking wreck.

1 minute ago, Crowfeathers said:

A lot of psychologists and clairvoyants on here tonight, at least I'm assuming that's where their ridiculous sense of entitlement comes from. We're Leicester City FFS.

Yeah let's stay in our boxes. Should probably give United a guard of honour when we face them too

• Like 3

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I don’t see who’s better that we could attract. 

A bit of perspective maybe, this season we have progressed, but fell short. If we kick on next season then all will be forgotten, it will take a strong window of signings though, and a mentality shift. 

Its a massive job. It's more the manner of how badly we've imploded. How does he get the belief back? 

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Don't buy the 'players aren't good enough' argument. Look what Chris Wilder and Sean Dyche are doing with their respective squads

This is why I really admire those two sides. The players they have would die for each other. 

5 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Perhaps it is a case of the 'emperor's new clothes'.....Although a lot of ex pros and current players speak highly of him.  I myself don't like all that David Brentism style management speak, but I'm a cynical old git!

Yes I see where you're coming from though ex players when tv pundits won't give too much away. I understand Gerrard and Glen Johnson are slightly less supportive 😅 

39 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If Rodgers is sacked now, just like at Liverpool, nobody will want such a pariah again. He was a busted flush then and is a busted flush now. Our owners were suckered in by his clever rehabilitation in a no lose job. Even then, the appearance of Gerrard from nowhere was a threat and he was being found out even there. It's going to be costly but get rid of this jerk quick before he and his numpty counterpart spend the money and really damage us!

Sorry SO1, I like you and didn't mean to upset you. Terrible match and all that. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

It’s gonna take a lifting pre season with some new blood. If he really puts his stamp down on this squad and we have a ruthless window, we could kick on. 

Gonna be a hard ask though, but we’ve seen what we’re capable of earlier in the campaign.

That philosophy depends on where we finish. If we don't finish with CL football then we will lose out best players, not gain new ones. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

It’s gonna take a lifting pre season with some new blood. If he really puts his stamp down on this squad and we have a ruthless window, we could kick on. 

Gonna be a hard ask though, but we’ve seen what we’re capable of earlier in the campaign.

That's what I find most alarming tbh. What happened to cause this much of a collapse and why hasn't he fixed it

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Many of us on here were questioning the mentality of the team in January after those Villa games, we were laughed at. The only positive I can think of, is that this will be like a Watford play off moment for the boys, and we'll come back next season determined, but it could easily go the other way.

People were still laughing a couple of weeks back when it was suggested we're spineless with a lack of leadership.