Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

A home game against Sheffield United you say? Good job there'll be no fans there as I fear BR would get the same treatment MON got with the way the season has gone pear shaped. 

O'Neill had been there a few months. Brendan has been here over a year and we are getting worse. Hes not fit to lace O'Neills bootlaces Brendan Bottlejob, never won a big game in his life.

If we don't want to play Bennett then surely we promote Luke Thomas and go 4 at the back?

Schmeichel

Justin

Evans

Morgan/Fuchs

Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans

Perez/Barnes

Praet

Iheanacho

Vardy

Edited by filbertway

38 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You see, whereas I don’t ever want to will us on to lose, I also don’t like the idea of Europa league. There is a deep issue in the club, because our form hasn’t just been off. It has been a complete and utter disaster. Usually this type of form sticks, and I genuinely believe we will be on the bottom cluster of clubs next season, with a potential relegation battle. Europa league is the last thing we need. 

That's why I have said all season, Wolves have done a fantastic job, much better than us and it's showing. If they finish above us then that would be even more embarrassing for Leicester. They are in the Last 16 of EL and still fighting for CL, albeit more likely to finish 5th at best. Fantastic season for them.

Could see a reaction from them here and if so we’ll blow them away. If we just turn up to get bullied though they can all, frankly, **** off because it’s clear they couldn’t care any ****ing less. 

If that was me getting twatted at Bournemouth I’d be counting down the seconds to the next game to put it right. Lose here and we’re completely and utterly toast, and I don’t just mean this season but next too. It’s a slippery slope and our place in this division is by no means guaranteed. I’ve completely lost all faith in them. 

Hi I agree with this line up

I'd go for 

Kasper

Justin

Evans

Morgan

Fuchs

Nidii

Choudhury

Barnes

Gray

Vardy

Kelechi

Perez was god awful on sunday so I would drop him, however lacking the squad is in options he needs to be dropped. Mendys a option of the bench if the team somehow gets in front.

We’re going to see a pretty hefty reaction IMO. A lot of the lads are really furious and we’re at our best when we’re there. 

Yesterday was a dark day, Rodgers hasn’t done himself any favours. Taking Iheanacho off, we all agree was a mistake but for me BRs biggest failures of yesterday were post match.

Frankly if I was Iheanacho I’d be on my way at this point and asking for a move away. 

Cags feels terrible about yesterday, that is very obvious. Kasper has always had distribution issues but is above suspicion in terms of commitment, the man ran at fire during the helicopter disaster, in at attempt to save Leicester city lives lest we forget and had to be restrained at the time.

Some perspective wouldn’t go  amiss, although I’m absolutely devastated we’ve slipped up so badly, I feel there is another twist to come yet.

Expect a dominant performance against Sheff.

Edited by SheppyFox

6 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

We’re going to see a pretty hefty reaction IMO. A lot of the lads are really furious and we’re at our best when we’re there. 

Yesterday was a dark day, Rodgers hasn’t done himself any favours. Taking Iheanacho off, we all agree was a mistake but for me BRs biggest failures of yesterday were post match.

Frankly if I was Iheanacho I’d be on my way at this point and asking for a move away. 

Cags feels terrible about yesterday, that is very obvious. Kasper has always had distribution issues but is above suspicion in terms of commitment, the man ran at fire during the helicopter disaster, in at attempt to save Leicester city lives lest we forget and had to be restrained at the time.

Some perspective wouldn’t go  amiss, although I’m absolutely devastated we’ve slipped up so badly, I feel there is another twist to come yet.

Expect a dominant performance against Sheff.

I pray for a good performance.

One more win and I reckon we can squeak 5th.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I see them winning this by half time. This side can’t take pressure. Sheff United will be all over us. We will crumble. It’s happened every time this season.

I agree . With a tactical masterclass based on try to grab a goal then park the bus for the rest of the game I expect no other outcome 

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

The irony of someone being so relentlessly boring about how boring we are to watch, post after post after post.

Haven't you got some Wolves highlights to catch up on?

There’s no irony in my post.

Ive had a change of heart. I love this side to side stuff. It really is a sight to behold be able to play this kind of football.

Attacking, positive football is overrated.

29 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I pray for a good performance.

One more win and I reckon we can squeak 5th.

A win here mathematically confirms top six and would require Wolves to win all three of their games (Burnley, Palace, Chelsea) to finish above us given our goal difference betters theirs by 18.

So if Burnley get a result on Wednesday it wouldn't just squeak 5th, it would seal it!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, twister said:

Hi I agree with this line up

I'd go for 

Kasper

Justin

Evans

Morgan

Fuchs

Nidii

Choudhury

Barnes

Gray

Vardy

Kelechi

Perez was god awful on sunday so I would drop him, however lacking the squad is in options he needs to be dropped. Mendys a option of the bench if the team somehow gets in front.

Is that still a 4-4-2 you're thinking of?

I agree that it's important to change things round significantly, even though the unsettling of the side has been a major problem. I'd be happy to see Youri and Perez dropped. They weren't the worst culprits yesterday but they suck a lot of the pace and physicality out of our game, and I've seen little to make me believe Praet offers any answers. So if Marc is unavailable, I agree that it'd make sense to give Gray and Barnes a crack.

People will question your inclusion of Choudhury, but he brings the sort of physicality, pace and work-rate which our midfield occasionally lacks. He might not be in our best XI, but at times this season he's given the side a better balance.

It'd be painful to watch that defence, though. Evans has enough in the bank for us to overlook his debacle last night, but I thought the full backs were useless. And it's hard to know whether Morgan would be better than Bennett, at his age. In fact, while I'm far from impressed by Bennett, there is a chance that he needs to bed in.

The problem, I suppose, is what the alternatives are. Are Knight or Amartey available to us?

We don't stand a chance in my opinion. A side that would run through a brick wall for their manager? As far as I'm concerned its a nailed on Sheffield United win, we don't have it in us to react, and we don't have it in us to pick ourselves up. We've not done it so far this season since the shit hit the fan, so why now? How many "wake up calls" do we need to kick start our form? Three absolute horror shows to finish on and we will lose all three, and we will lose badly too, 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

O'Neill had been there a few months. Brendan has been here over a year and we are getting worse. Hes not fit to lace O'Neills bootlaces Brendan Bottlejob, never won a big game in his life.

Lol retrospective much here. 

O’Neill had us down towards 14th in the second tier. We are 4th or 5th in the top flight here. 

15 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Is that still a 4-4-2 you're thinking of?

I agree that it's important to change things round significantly, even though the unsettling of the side has been a major problem. I'd be happy to see Youri and Perez dropped. They weren't the worst culprits yesterday but they suck a lot of the pace and physicality out of our game, and I've seen little to make me believe Praet offers any answers. So if Marc is unavailable, I agree that it'd make sense to give Gray and Barnes a crack.

People will question your inclusion of Choudhury, but he brings the sort of physicality, pace and work-rate which our midfield occasionally lacks. He might not be in our best XI, but at times this season he's given the side a better balance.

It'd be painful to watch that defence, though. Evans has enough in the bank for us to overlook his debacle last night, but I thought the full backs were useless. And it's hard to know whether Morgan would be better than Bennett, at his age. In fact, while I'm far from impressed by Bennett, there is a chance that he needs to bed in.

The problem, I suppose, is what the alternatives are. Are Knight or Amartey available to us?

Yes a 4-4-2 hybrid on the ball 4 3-2 -1 without the ball. Maybe your right I just think if the team matches sheffield united's 4 at the back its better than doing what wolves tried and going five at the back and getting caught in a stalemate.

I like two wingers cause it pins baldock and Basham Back, they have been causing havoc in recent games supplying Mcgoldrick and Mcburnie.

Maybe your right on Bennett, he could start over Wes instead, but I still have doubts over his poor turning circle. Fuchs is not ideal on a short turnaround at left back ( i'm still deeply surprised at 34 the club gave him another year despite his service).  but I think he will be solid enough to steady the ship at home.

Truth is the squads thin, really thin and if Chilwell goes to chelsea as expected, a good left back cover will be needed. Maybe a ideal option might be rico henry from brentford who has been very impressive for them this year.

Edited by twister
spelling

I'd imagine he puts Mendy and Wilf in the middle. 

Tbh I couldn't blame him. Watching last night + watching Sheff United v Chelsea + Cags suspended = humiliation on the cards. He will want to lose by a single goal and have a strong 10 mins.....round it off with a 'we showed a fantastic mentality' interview........order will be restored to 2020. 

Bring on 6th. 

Edited by Eskay
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Looking at missing 3 of our back 4 for this and in a horrible run of form. Sheff Utd were really good against Chelsea and look like they've picked up after an iffy restart. Arguably the easiest of our remaining three games, but it's a very tricky three games. Would bring Morgan in as I think he's a bit better in the air and will be more effective against Sheff U. Nacho must start as he prevents Vardy becoming isolated.

Kasper

Justin Morgan Evans Fuchs

Ndidi 

Gray Tielemans Barnes

Nacho Vardy

Your preferred 11 I respect that, but what has gray ever done to warrant a place, and Barnes is so out of form he’s looks well out of his depth at this level.

This is my issue with recruitment in January, this is highlighting why this position needed strengthening, without Ricardo we have no options or quality out wide, and don’t think it’s a coincidence that we struggle to break teams down since his injury.

No width at all, and very slow build up through the middle, and if it does go wide chilwell more often than not comes inside and refuses to cross, Gray has no quality and the ball literally could go anywhere,  and Barnes is a form player who hasn’t had any for a while, and the same the ball could literally could go anywhere.

Gray and Barnes are two players who frustrated me the most this season, and Maddison who stats and performance’s don’t warrant the fee’s talked about, but gray has had his chance so bin him, we need a quality winger, and break Barnes in gently, as he’s not ready to start every week.