Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Barnes assisted 2 against Palace, Gray assisted one against Watford and one against Arsenal. This is absolutely an area we need to strengthen, but we can't before the season is done, so who do you play there instead? Or do you just stick loads of CMs in?

Barnes had one of his best games for us just before the lockdown. He's looked rusty since but he absolutely deserves his chance in this team and he won't get better by sitting on the bench.

As I said it’s highlighted where we should have strengthened in jan, and I will repeat what I said Barnes is a form player, and has looked sub standard for a while, are we just going to look at one game, or look at say the last few, and break down how he’s getting into positions but making poor decisions and poor quality, where when he’s confident he’s unplayable, but to young to be played every game, as his form will drop.

And there is gray, looks fancy with his one trick step over, but offers nothing offensively or defensively, albrighton offers defensively but not offensively in our style of play, if we have a target man, or hoof ball maybe.

We are slow and one dimensional, we need quality wide men when teams sit in.

We lost our best creative player in Ricardo to injury, and defensively we have been a shambles, and we need to probably score 3 goals a game to get a win, but don’t look like scoring at all

3 hours ago, HibiscusMark said:

Yep, you’re all right. We’re a crap team. 3 games to go and we’re a lowly 4th in the league.

Wake the fukk up people...some of the comments here make you question the intelligence of our fans.  

Now, we know we cant Pick a player,we cant Pick a manager, for the love of Brendan..we cant even Pick our intelligence...!!

We Need goals...

we Need Backline experience...

We have to go for it..there is no time for precautions,No immediate Gungho.!!ich

Kasper

Justin

Morgan

Evans

Fuchs

Ndidi

Praet

Tielemans...(attacking roll)

Barnes (given the Run of the park)

Nacho

Vardy

Subs...will be interesting...!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I agree, Perez does have very good close control in fairness. It was a little bit tongue inside cheek to lighten the mood, mine certainly needs lifting after recent performances. All isn't quite lost yet though 😁

I'm on holiday in Devon and had to sit and watch it with my forest supporting father in law, it couldn't have been any worse, makes Thursday even more nerve wrenching, I just hope we go for broke, only then do we have a chance. 

I’ve struggled to even come into this website since that loss but I was so happy about the result last night and Southampton has helped us big time there!

I keep having flashbacks of that game and if I’m honest I still feel as flat as a pancake. I’ll always watch them mind and my expectations have lowered considerably but all my digits are still crossed we can somehow salvage this situation.

32 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We Need goals...

We have to go for it..there is no time for precautions,No immediate Gungho.!!ich

Kasper

Justin

Morgan

Evans

Fuchs

Ndidi

Praet

Nacho

Vardy

Yeah, I agree with this line-up I think, although maybe Bennett for Wes. Gives us the option to change and go more attacking with 3 at the back 3-4-1-2 with Perez in the hole if needed,

Also with this bad run and if we somehow still get top 4 it could work out for the best for us... shows Rodgers and the owners we need more quality in the team if they want to be serious about being a top team!

My team would be 

Kasper

Justin Evans Bennett Fuchs

Gray Tielemans Ndidi Barnes

Perez

Vardy

go back to basics, get the balls out wide and press them high

44 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'm on holiday in Devon and had to sit and watch it with my forest supporting father in law, it couldn't have been any worse, makes Thursday even more nerve wrenching, I just hope we go for broke, only then do we have a chance. 

Oh dear, you have my sympathies. They need to read that out to the players before the match, we have our pride to consider! 🤣

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We Need goals...

Kasper

Justin

Morgan

Evans

Fuchs

Ndidi

Praet

Nacho

Vardy

That's absolutely spot on for me, both the sentiments and team selection. There's plenty there to get the job done. In fact the presence of Morgan and Evans could help to fire them up. No more conservative tippy tappy slow nonsense from Brenda. We need intent, pace and aggression. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Perez needs to be locked in a gym and made to stay there until he's a least strong enough to turn out for the u12's. Wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team and would struggle to lift the lucozade carrier from the bench to the side of the pitch.

Perez needs to be sold. He has done nothing of note during his first season at the club, and has been given far more opportunities than the likes of Grey, Barns, and Nachoman.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Perez needs to be sold. He has done nothing of note during his first season at the club, and has been given far more opportunities than the likes of Grey, Barns, and Nachoman.

Sorry but Gray has been given plenty of opportunities to consistently deliver but doesn't. Using Gray as an example kind of negates your point about Perez. 

You say nothing of note but 7 goals and 4 assists beg to differ. 

Could he have been more productive? Yes. 

Could he have been more influential? Yes. 

Has he been totally useless and 'done nothing of note'? No, quite clearly not. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

No ...Perez is the Type of Player that gives the Frontline Good cover,and still could up his 2nd season...This poor  Run cant be layed at his door.

He has been hit & miss, no doubt.though IMO  sometimes his Chasing down,and moving the ball is underrated...

Attached to that is , he has been a passenger too often,there again so has every other player....!!!

Our Team are Not missing the Skill but that One  rauctious leader,in the outfield...

A shit stirrer a bollocker on the field..A Henderson,Roy Keane character,with

an occasional Red Card in him...We are far Too nice,even und questioning the ref.

When we lose our Temper its sort of whimpish or cynical for the wrong  immature reasons..!!

If Soyu was a big 6 player,I Doubt he would of seen Red...!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

How is Rodgers supposed to go from public disgust that his side are "nowhere near Champions League level" in his postmatch ... to motivating them to give everything to get there, now it's still in their hands?  The fact that he's being paid almost as much as Mourinho doesn't mean he should manage like Mourinho.  Unless it works ...?!

Thursday will be so interesting ... and so critical ... even beyond the result.

57 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

I don't think we can can win the game unfortunately.  I'd take a draw.

Agree ,lose this and their is a good possibility that we won't even make the Europa League.

15 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

is Maddison going to be fit enough for the squad? 

So Brendan has said Ben, James and Mark are all being left until the very last minute to decide. God I hope one if not all are back! Maybe it's a ploy to keep Chris Wilder guessing too? 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Hales