Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home

We need a win, I would be inclined to go 4-4-1-1 to be honest, it’s a safe formation, maybe predictable but should be reliable enough to get a result.

Kasper

Justin

Evans

Morgan

Fuchs

Barnes

Ndidi

Tielemans

Gray

Perez

Vardy

Subs: Iheanacho, Praet, Bennett, Hamza, Ward,  Mendy and James/ Luke Thomas

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We need a win, I would be inclined to go 4-4-1-1 to be honest, it’s a safe formation, maybe predictable but should be reliable enough to get a result.

Kasper

Justin

Evans

Morgan

Fuchs

Barnes

Ndidi

Tielemans

Gray

Perez

Vardy

Not keen on perez at no 10... or anywhere really.... too light weight... send him to the gym.

Play prayer

The key is to get the full backs around the back.

Massive game for us

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Kasper

Justin

Evans

Morgan

Fuchs

Barnes

Ndidi

Tielemans

Gray

Perez

Vardy

Iheanacho for Perez then I would agree.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

When did he say that? 

I thought he said it before the Bournemouth game that he was looking at the Spurs game for their return but actually, he says they will be assessed for the Sheffiled United game, which sounds unconvincing to me but he has not ruled them out.

Apologies, I must have misread something.

7 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I thought he said it before the Bournemouth game that he was looking at the Spurs game for their return but actually, he says they will be assessed for the Sheffiled United game, which sounds unconvincing to me but he has not ruled them out.

Apologies, I must have misread something.

I missed that. Sounds hopeful, even if one were to return. :fc:

Is Amartey officially never going to play again?

Wes and Fuchs has a very worrying lack of pace about it.  Can Wilf step in at CB ?  Probably as stupid as taking Kelechi off at Bournemuff.

Seppuku = 

1) ritual suicide by disembowelment with a sword, formerly practised in Japan by samurai as an honourable alternative to disgrace or execution. Usually performed after watching a Leicester game. 

That'll be me on Thursday. 

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Your preferred 11 I respect that, but what has gray ever done to warrant a place, and Barnes is so out of form he’s looks well out of his depth at this level.

This is my issue with recruitment in January, this is highlighting why this position needed strengthening, without Ricardo we have no options or quality out wide, and don’t think it’s a coincidence that we struggle to break teams down since his injury.

No width at all, and very slow build up through the middle, and if it does go wide chilwell more often than not comes inside and refuses to cross, Gray has no quality and the ball literally could go anywhere,  and Barnes is a form player who hasn’t had any for a while, and the same the ball could literally could go anywhere.

Gray and Barnes are two players who frustrated me the most this season, and Maddison who stats and performance’s don’t warrant the fee’s talked about, but gray has had his chance so bin him, we need a quality winger, and break Barnes in gently, as he’s not ready to start every week.

Barnes assisted 2 against Palace, Gray assisted one against Watford and one against Arsenal. This is absolutely an area we need to strengthen, but we can't before the season is done, so who do you play there instead? Or do you just stick loads of CMs in?

Barnes had one of his best games for us just before the lockdown. He's looked rusty since but he absolutely deserves his chance in this team and he won't get better by sitting on the bench.

• Like 1

Id be tempted to play bennet instead of morgan .wes will be rusty as an old nail.

Also think maybe 4-2-3-1 with gray.perez and barnes behind vards. Tielmans has looked flat footed all season and praet has looked decent so would be tempted with a swap there 

Sheff Utd are going to attack us that's for sure, we need the win. 4-4-2, keeping it organised and pressing high up the pitch

Kasper

Fuchs

Evans

Bennett

Justin

Barnes

Tielemens 

N'didi

Gray

Perez

Vardy

Edited by splinterdream

27 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Sheff Utd are going to attack us that's for sure, we need the win. 4-4-2, keeping it organised and pressing high up the pitch

Kasper

Fuchs

Evans

Bennett

Justin

Barnes

Tielemens 

N'didi

Gray

Perez

Vardy

Perez needs to be locked in a gym and made to stay there until he's a least strong enough to turn out for the u12's. Wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team and would struggle to lift the lucozade carrier from the bench to the side of the pitch.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HibiscusMark said:

Yep, you’re all right. We’re a crap team. 3 games to go and we’re a lowly 4th in the league.

Wake the fukk up people...some of the comments here make you question the intelligence of our fans.  

Are you an ostrich? Has your head been in the  sand for the last 6 months?!, No on a serious note,  yes we are a good team, BUT we have an nasty habit of bottling big games, these next 3 games are big games! 

I think ideally Rodgers will have wanted to have gone with three at the back to have an extra body in there to deal with their relentless crosses into the box. That all hinges on whether Chilwell is fit. Assuming he is, but Maddison isn't:

Schmeichel

Bennett   Evans   Fuchs

Justin                                           Chilwell

Ndidi      Tielemans

Perez

Iheanacho    Vardy

37 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Perez needs to be locked in a gym and made to stay there until he's a least strong enough to turn out for the u12's. Wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team and would struggle to lift the lucozade carrier from the bench to the side of the pitch.

I get you and I'm torn because Perez is better at the high press than iheanacho imo, I think Perez is slightly better at close ball control aswell but nacho does have a better goal record but Perez just edges it with nacho coming on at 60 minutes 

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

The standard of coaching has helped the team to 4th place in the Premier league.

Shocking....Sack the whole lot.

...It is an aspect of the game we should be better at!!!

This is something that can be coached or do we need to spend money on players who have the wit to implement this.

I'm ****ing up for this again after the Man U draw last night. Draw a line under Bournemouth.

We have this in our own hands and that has to motivate the players.

If (IF) we play to our abilities we will beat Sheff Utd and Spurs. Then a winner takes all vs Man Utd on the final day. Buzzing!!!

• Like 1

We're all disappointed. The fans, the players and staff. Bournemouth needs to be a marker in the sand. Try to put all the negativity away until after the Sheffield Utd game. Three games from adding another section to this film.

16 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I'm ****ing up for this again after the Man U draw last night. Draw a line under Bournemouth.

We have this in our own hands and that has to motivate the players.

If (IF) we play to our abilities we will beat Sheff Utd and Spurs. Then a winner takes all vs Man Utd on the final day. Buzzing!!!

This is the start of more heartache once we fail to beat Sheff Utd and Man U finally get into Top 4. We will then think, if we can get a result at Spurs we can at least have destiny in our own hands only for us to lose and Man U and Chelsea to both win.

Let's take it game by game, as far as Gameday 35 is concerned, we are still in CL. The fact Man U have closed the gap is one thing but that they have nearly caught up on our goal difference is disgraceful.

44 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I get you and I'm torn because Perez is better at the high press than iheanacho imo, I think Perez is slightly better at close ball control aswell but nacho does have a better goal record but Perez just edges it with nacho coming on at 60 minutes 

I agree, Perez does have very good close control in fairness. It was a little bit tongue inside cheek to lighten the mood, mine certainly needs lifting after recent performances. All isn't quite lost yet though 😁

• Like 1