Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home

The Bournemouth game in isolation could be laughed off as anomaly in which everything that could go wrong did, Every mistake punished, deflections, own goals, red cards and "one of those nights" but it's a combination of poor performances over a long period which hopefully have led to last night and then we can respond and move forward. 

It's going to be a battle, and it's got the making s of everything we don't like. Probably a good thing it's behind closed doors too, place would be toxic. 

• Like 2

While it's still possible, I'm gonna continue believing we'll get top 4. Probably just delaying my disappointment though.

I think Man United are pretty nailed on at this point so hopefully we manage to outdo Chelsea in the last few. 

Edited by danny2997

Nailed on defeat I'm afraid.We've folded completely and utterly. Spineless performances from the payers and management and now shown for the complete lack of quality in depth in the squad.

We've been flat track bullies most of the season but when the chips are down and we've needed to roll up our sleeves we've gone missing.

I don't believe these players have the courage to do what is required any longer.

2-0 to  Sheffield United.  Another team that will simply want it more than we will.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

The Bournemouth game in isolation could be laughed off as anomaly in which everything that could go wrong did, Every mistake punished, deflections, own goals, red cards and "one of those nights" but it's a combination of poor performances over a long period which hopefully have led to last night and then we can respond and move forward. 

It's going to be a battle, and it's got the making s of everything we don't like. Probably a good thing it's behind closed doors too, place would be toxic. 

Thing is we're endlessly told people need to get the players backs.

Well there is no-one there to get on the players backs, the pressure is quite literally off, go and play our game.

Perhaps they need that drive afterall.

Central defence looks scarily shit when we lose 1 center back!

However I feel like we've hit rock bottom and now the only way is up (baby). 

Maybe Bennett and Evans together, 2 experienced heads might be good. 

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

The team was supposedly hyped up after we lost to Everton, is this what they going to say for every defeat now?

To be honest, better than saying 'our season is done, we don't feel the best for our final 3 games and we'll see what we can do, but it won't be great' 

Don’t even know what to do after yesterday but something has to change back to 4-3-3 for me. Hope madders and Chilwell are back for this but not convinced given they didn’t even make the bench so if not would go for Fuchs and Choudhury at least he’ll give us some passion and bite.

Would also bring Morgan in not convinced by either him or Bennett but feel like we need Morgan’s leadership now. Realise it’s harsh on Iheanacho but not sure how we squeeze him in without going 442 and not sure we have the players to play 3 at the back with all the injuries and suspensions. 

Barnes - Vardy - Pérez 

Maddison - Ndidi - Tielemans 

Chilwell - Evans - Morgan - Justin

Kasper 

Maybe go back to some kind of basics i.e. what we played for most of the season?

Kasper

Justin - Morgan - Evans - Fuchs

Ndidi

Gray - Tielemans - Praet - Barnes

Vardy

As the poster above says, it would be harsh on Kelechi but let's face it, I can't imagine Rodgers picking him if the 3-5-2 isn't possible. 

Let Tielemans be the link to Vardy through the middle and utilise our wingers against their on-rushing full-backs. We have to somehow get round their tactics which is why I think he might go for 2 DMs to give protection either side. He might go Mendy to support Ndidi and just do a job of breaking up their attacks. 

It's at times like this though where our lack of depth is just so glaring and worrying. There's a few there to think it's just so bang average in terms of personnel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reynard said:

Nailed on defeat I'm afraid.We've folded completely and utterly. Spineless performances from the payers and management and now shown for the complete lack of quality in depth in the squad.

We've been flat track bullies most of the season but when the chips are down and we've needed to roll up our sleeves we've gone missing.

I don't believe these players have the courage to do what is required any longer.

2-0 to  Sheffield United.  Another team that will simply want it more than we will.

I’m glad your not the manager your man motivational speech prior to the game would be rubbish !! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

They looked solid last 25 yesterday ........

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Wes over Bennett for me. Neither are ideal but one is club captain and PL winner. Need his leadership big time.

• Like 1