Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home

11 minutes ago, KingsX said:

How is Rodgers supposed to go from public disgust that his side are "nowhere near Champions League level"

I know we all can interprate that line differently, but from the interview with Geoff Shreeves as published on the BBC website ( I think it's Shreeves? also not sure if this was the definitive interview that this comment came from) Rodgers is basing being "nowhere near Champions League level" upon the second half performance of the Bournemouth game, I'd have to agree with that. 

I agree with you though, motivation will be a big part of the preparation for this game. 

Unless he's fully behind the Mourinho opinion of, players that can't motivate themselves aren't ready for top flight football, or something like that. 

That's the link to the I/V I'm basing my opinion - @ 1.45 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/53383813 

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sorry but Gray has been given plenty of opportunities to consistently deliver but doesn't. Using Gray as an example kind of negates your point about Perez. 

You say nothing of note but 7 goals and 4 assists beg to differ. 

Could he have been more productive? Yes. 

Could he have been more influential? Yes. 

Has he been totally useless and 'done nothing of note'? No, quite clearly not. 

Perez is not a winger, I think the intention was to have him as a right sided forward when we play with wingbacks but when Ricardo gets pinned back and Perez pushed out wide we're useless. He's a player to play a certain type of system but you have to have different options available to mix it up

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sorry but Gray has been given plenty of opportunities to consistently deliver but doesn't. Using Gray as an example kind of negates your point about Perez. 

Perez is a good player but rodgers doesnt know how to use him best. Those 7 goals 4 assists are from flashes of him showing his quality not from consistently strong performances, there have been so many games where he looks lost and like he wouldnt score or assist even if the game went on for 300 minutes. For me him and Vardy dont work together, considering the amount of time theyve been on the pitch together theyve only linked up for a goal once and that was the brighton game where vardy was constantly looking to pass to him for him to get his confidence up. I would honestly start Gray over him just because him and vardy have some chemistry when Gray decides to turn up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Bring Wes back. Play three at the back provided Chilwell is fit, and bully them. Bennett and Fuchs either sides may offer some support to allow Wes to just manhandle McBernie.

Why wouldn’t you play Evans?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Captain Morgan to the rescue! 

We talk about stepping up to the plate. Experienced pro's. 

Cometh the hour, Cometh the man! 

I feel it, he will be solid in defence and score a couple as well to see us into 3rd!

(or not) 

He has his flaws but the one thing you could never level at Morgan is not giving 100 %. He even threw his body in the way at times.   While we'll miss Soyuncu's mobility. Morgan will replace that with experience alongside Evans.  And he always offer's a Goal threat at set plays..

• Like 2

People are underestimating Sheffield Utd I think. 

We'll do well to get a point out of this.

We've got Madison, Chilwell, Ricardo, Soyunchu and Albrighton out. That's 4 out of our potential back 4.

Thinking Fuchs and Morgan can simply step in is hopeful thinking to say the least

I am worried if the collective fitness or 'legs' have gone. They looked gassed in that second half and that lead to sloppy mistakes.

I don't think think Bennett can play in a back four. Somehow we have to get a performance and a bit of luck to win this game. Sheffield United look really determined and have plenty running in the team. Probably take a point now.

• Like 1

Without all our key players this game has gone beyond the usual mental shakeup and go again philosophy. All I can think of is revert to route 1 football. Might go against everything Rogers wants to do but it’s all we got. We still have Vardy and if we feed him the service he needs he will get us goals. We are weak now in defense so all we can do is ask everyone to put in 110% for 90 min and perform balls to the walls defending as Sheffield will come at us wave after wave they are relentless and fear no one. This game will be exhausting to watch if our boys give it all they got. We may still lose, we just draw or if the football gods will it we may just win by a hair. Our destiny is in gods hands now not our own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Gray has a better ratio of goals and assists to minutes than Perez (1:133 vs 1:168) in league play this season. That ratio is even better when you take out the minutes both played against Southampton.

I think your answers apply equally to both players, and both have definitely made major contributions this season. I'd argue that Gray definitely took advantage of his opportunity against Arsenal.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wortho said:

I am worried if the collective fitness or 'legs' have gone. They looked gassed in that second half and that lead to sloppy mistakes.

I don't think think Bennett can play in a back four. Somehow we have to get a performance and a bit of luck to win this game. Sheffield United look really determined and have plenty running in the team. Probably take a point now.

I think it's heads have gone rather than legs. 

Do we still have a sport psychologist?

19 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Six players from the title winning squad are still with City: Kasper, Fuchs, Morgan, Albrighton, Vardy and Gray (not counted James - he didnt play!).

All six could play against Sheffield?

Can they handle the pressure?!?

You bet they can! 😀

That was over 4 years ago and bar Schmeichel and Vardy they have regressed. Add to that they were a team and on a consistent roll of results. That’s not the same situation right now. 

I'd play Gray in this game simply because his pace will worry and frighten them, and on his day has match winning ability.

They remind me of us in our league winning season. A breath of fresh air and Wilder deserves Manager of the year.

A very good team who people said were over performing and would crack at some point. Well, we didn't and I don't see Sheffield Utd will either.

We have to try and find a way to win plus it's an opportunity for players to recover some pride. 

• Like 3