Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home

4 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

That was over 4 years ago and bar Schmeichel and Vardy they have regressed. Add to that they were a team and on a consistent roll of results. That’s not the same situation right now. 

Mistake aside, schmeichel has been brilliant since the restart and Vardy is likely to win the golden boot lol

But I take your overall point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The first part of press conferences is for broadcast partners - TV and radio - and then there's an embargoed section so the papers the next day can have something new.

Often you'll see reporters post stuff in the afternoon from the pressers and then share 'fresh quotes' pieces at 10.30pm, stuff the manager says after the cameras are turned off.

It used to be all in the media room, both sections, so the broadcast media could use the embargoed stuff later too.

BR now goes and sits with the written press in another room which I think is unfair on the broadcast media - the people who actually pay for rights (papers don't pay a penny).

His thinking, I guess, is to develop closer relationships with the written lot, he can also give them a private steer on subjects without his words being made public.

It's not new - I've had plenty of conversations with football people. They tell you stuff they want out there but don't want it attributed to them.

Our previous manager, sadly, made no attempt to develop a useful working relationship with journalists.

When he needed some support, he didn't have people he could privately brief on topics, to explain his thinking etc.

BR is well aware of the value of being able to get his message across to fans via journalists.

Make no mistake, they'll stick the boot in when justified but it's human nature that if you like and get on with someone you are naturally more sympathetic.

Very interesting and insightful. He does come over as very media savvy or astute in some ways, but in others, more like a cheap car salesman full of the blarney and disingenuous. I am very cynical though. It does appear quite noticeable however that whilst there are a growing number of sceptics on here now, there's not a sniff of criticism of any of his decisions, tactics or methods, let alone even mild correlations with his times at Liverpool or Celtic in the written press. His charms and media strategy therefore appear to work well. As you very rightly point out though, it's very difficult to be nasty to someone who is nice to you albeit that niceness has a feint odour of fakeness about it.

Edited by volpeazzurro

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Very interesting and insightful. He does come over as very media savvy or astute in some ways, but in others, more like a cheap car salesman full of the blarney and disingenuous. I am very cynical though. It does appear quite noticeable however that whilst there are a growing number of sceptics on here now, there's not a sniff of criticism of any of his decisions, tactics or methods, let alone even mild correlations with his times at Liverpool or Celtic in the written press. His charms and media strategy therefore appear to work well. As you very rightly point out though, it's very difficult to be nasty to someone who is nice to you albeit that niceness has a feint odour of fakeness about it.

These all part of his issues. 
Brendan is not wired up to take criticism. Going off into another room to curry favour with journalists is his way of not encouraging public criticism, give the journo’s little snippets, they’ll become hard pressed to  criticise him knowing he’s going to not let them in to the next get together should they write anything that he doesn’t like / can’t cope with. 
He went to Celtic because failure was virtually impossible.

Ive said this from the very start about him and stated it in this post: 

This isn’t a bandwagon with me, I just seriously see his own problems interfering with his profession and ultimately LCFC. 

Edited by Ceirboy
  • Like 2

The Bookies have written us off.  TalkShite  and Sky have written us off.  Some on here have written us off.  

Foxes never quit (accept for the second half at Bourne:ph34r:mouth).  So come on  Team,  let’s put on a super show on Thursday. 

COY🦊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The Bookies have written us off.  TalkShite  and Sky have written us off.  Some on here have written us off.  

Foxes never quit (accept for the second half at Bourne:ph34r:mouth).  So come on  Team,  let’s put on a super show on Thursday. 

COY🦊

Was listening to 5 live and they had all written us off too.

was smiling thinking, I hope the players are listening to all of this.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, teblin said:

Was listening to 5 live and they had all written us off too.

was smiling thinking, I hope the players are listening to all of this.

To be fair, they're not alone - plenty on here have done the same. it will take a massively strong mental effort from here, we've lost nearly all our best back 4.

• Like 1

We're gonna have an aging championship standard defence out there (Evans aside). A team with no confidence that's scared of their own shadows. A team that has shown no sign of responding to adversity or tough situations.

How the bookies have us down as favourites for this game I genuinely have no idea.

I can't remember dreading a game so much. I really want to be positive but I can't see us out fighting or out working them. Right now I can't see us outplaying them either, under any circumstance. They're 100x better than Bournemouth and on the crest of a wave. We're going in with a side weaker than the one that got tonked on Sunday. I wish I could stop thinking about it non stop!

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

Leicester will be without Ben Chilwell and James Maddison for crunch Sheffield United game

In the article...

Brendan Rodgers has revealed James Maddison and Ben Chilwell are set to miss Thursday’s crucial Premier League shootout with Sheffield United.

Hopefully some mind games by BR. He certainly played with mine on Sunday.....

I hoping its mind games by BR! Not many training photos and no training video either which they usually do so maybe, just maybe some will be back and he is planning on springing a surprise on Chris Wilder! Fingers crossed! 😂🤞🙏 you can dream!

31 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We're gonna have an aging championship standard defence out there (Evans aside). A team with no confidence that's scared of their own shadows. A team that has shown no sign of responding to adversity or tough situations.

How the bookies have us down as favourites for this game I genuinely have no idea.

..i really believe we will be just as effective if we played our U23s!!!

10 hours ago, lgfualol said:

We'll be losing 1 nil at half time and Rodgers will bring off our attackers so Mendy, Hamza and Praet can help Ndidi and Tielemans.

He only goes defensive when we’re winning by a very fragile margin and it’s obvious we need another goal :ph34r:

• Thanks 1