Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

54 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

No home fans is probably why he did so well. Our lot are brutal after a new lad hits one stray pass

Not always. In the first game of the season the crowd got behind Soyuncu who revelled in the adulation. Tielemans and Ndidi also got a good initial reception too. 

Admittedly after about 5 games this effect wears off though! 

• Like 1

Massively impressed with this Luke Thomas. It is just his first senior game, but you can tell a lot already what he has and his mentality. I remember when Chilwell broke through, evening though it was exciting at the time, there were always seeds of doubt with his natural talent level at defending, positioning and final ball. Not with this bloke, although he will no doubt have bad games and would have lots to improve.

Edited by Tom12345

Nice comment from John Percy in the Telegraph that we have cornered the market for left backs. Obviously Spurs and United will be massive tests but he showed huge maturity for his age. Looked like the Blades thought they could exploit the loss of Chilwell early on but soon realised that was not going to happen 

Guest An Sionnach

With Justin and Thomas we have two highly promising stand ins for Ricci and Ben , also Benko looks to be fully fit so defensively we are looking pretty sound. Ryan Bennett is a lot better than some of you believe , the three veterans were rock solid last night. With Wilf in front of them they rarely put a foot wrong. Rodgers should concentrate on strengthening his attacking options , an experienced midfielder and another striker is what we need for next season's heavy schedule.

Really pleased for him and the academy, I felt like some youngsters were starting to get frustrated at the pathway and operation of the U23's but game time for any of the current crop is a huge boost. 

I didn't watch the game as I was blasted on a campsite in Dorset and I'm convinced if I don't watch us again this season then I'll secure us top 4. 

Sounds like he played really well, his crossing and passing is his strong point which bodes well. Hope he gets the nod on Sunday and Chilwell is eased back in about..... never.

• Like 2

If Chilwell and Fuchs stay next season, should Thomas stay with the first team or go out on loan? He showed last night he has the potential to deputise in the team, but he's at that age where playing 30-40 games might seriously level him up like it did with Hamza and Barnes. There are arguments both ways.

I suspect we will go the same route as JJ where he's part of the squad and eased in initially, with a view to taking over as first choice longer-term.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

If Chilwell and Fuchs stay next season, should Thomas stay with the first team or go out on loan? He showed last night he has the potential to deputise in the team, but he's at that age where playing 30-40 games might seriously level him up like it did with Hamza and Barnes. There are arguments both ways.

I suspect we will go the same route as JJ where he's part of the squad and eased in initially, with a view to taking over as first choice longer-term.

I think Fuchs has very much reached the 'injured' end-phase of his career now...

• Sad 1

Thing I liked about Thomas last night was he kept it simple, did the basics, also listened to instructions, one that sticks in my mind was deep cross to back post he was going to head out for a corner, kasper gave him a shout, he ducked and tracked ball to full back who ran it out for a throwing! Willing to listen and learn from experienced lads is massive. 

keep your feet on the ground, keep listening and keep working hard and you will go far 

Edited by Lesta2014

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

The academy really is starting to produce and become a real asset to the club. 4 players in the squad who have made first team, premier league appearances. That in today’s market is very possibly £100 million plus saved in transfer fees.

It’s one game for Thomas and he did really well. The next two are going to be an absolute baptism of fire. Going up against Rashford, Son, Greenwood etc. Is a big test. Please, please, don’t jump on him if his next two are not that impressive, he is 19 and has one game to his name. 

Yeah absolutely. He almost certainly will make a mistake or get caught out of position but we've got to allow for this

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eblair said:

wtf did chilwell do to leicester fans, he is clearly one of best left backs in the league and an academy kid

why is there a vendetta against him, we all knew he was meant to be class coming through the academy

i dont understand what he has done, sometimes he plays the wrong ball? leicester fans are so bonkers about him

Likely the polished white teeth, awful 'fashion', and general flash persona he's been steadily developing. It's at odds with what folks perceive as the heart of our club and all round irritating. 

Couldn't say for certain but I get the gut feeling that's it.