Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

Reminds me of Sheen, out of Jimmy Neutronwp4401603.jpg

10/10 debut for the lad. Think having Evans afforded him some comfort. That's what he's been working for his whole life, so delighted for him and our youth staff

Excellent debut. Obviously many posts already regarding his composure and awareness on the ball, but thought his defensive work in dealing with the long diagonal was impressive too.

Acid test will be to see how he deals with a winger running at him full pelt. Was hard to gauge how quick he is based off tonight. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 3

Also on the BBC Sport website:

Thomas is also the youngest English player to assist a goal on his Premier League debut since Marcus Rashford for Manchester United in February 2016 (18y 120d), and was and the 15th English teenager to do so overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I was more impressed with his defensive work than his forward play, even though that was good. Modern day full backs are really good on the ball because they are expected to join the attack but many these days aren’t great going the other way. Even Liverpool’s duo are suspect in this department and it’s for me why Ricardo is the best in the league - he’s the best all rounder.

For an academy player making his debut with no home fans to get behind him, playing for a team low on confidence, ravaged by injuries and up against a team that fight to the last man and are physically strong, he won almost everything. 

Let’s not write the kid off if he has some bad performances please! He stepped up to the plate big time today and impressed. 

No home fans is probably why he did so well. Our lot are brutal after a new lad hits one stray pass

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

At least we know we can trust him until the end of the season. Ideally we'd loan him out next season but if Chilwell goes we might need him as cover.

Why? He should get plenty of game time next season. Hes clearly good enough

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

What's your point? Justin is looking very assured in defence and attack and getting better every game.

That it's early days? Don't want to build him up too much nor knock him down too much. Let's not get ahead of ourselves after one game.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Why? He should get plenty of game time next season. Hes clearly good enough

the old saying here is, "if they are good enough then they are old enough" and lets be honest here, we saw today he is more than good enough, hes probably still raw but thats too be expected from someone so young and one who has just made his debut,

he didnt really put a foot wrong for me and some of the passing and defence work shows he has the brain too, for me if Chilwell leaves in the summer, then its him and Fuchs for the LB/LWB slot, 

while loaning him out could be good, is it worth is spending alot of a LB when we already have LT

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

All this certainly that Chilwell is leaving... the club have indicated it will take a record breaking bid to take him away. £90million or more, which simply won’t happen. 

Agreed plus I think also now the fact Fuchs is out as well as Ricardo means we are really thin on full backs. I can't see them letting Chilly go yet. Thomas was great today but that's one game. I think maybe Chilly will stay for another season and give Thomas chance to bed in a bit more.

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Heard alot of hype about this guy and on todays viewing was well justified. Great compusure and quality vision for the first goal. Anyone know if he is a Leicester born lad or just someone weve picked up from

elsewhere i.e Chilwell from Milton Keynes? 

He's from Syston.

• Like 1

Guest Fktf
15 minutes ago, Hales said:

Agreed plus I think also now the fact Fuchs is out as well as Ricardo means we are really thin on full backs. I can't see them letting Chilly go yet. Thomas was great today but that's one game. I think maybe Chilly will stay for another season and give Thomas chance to bed in a bit more.

nah - right club, right offer, and you're going to lose your fave player in a matter of days.