Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Spurs Match Thread 2020

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Sorry didn't realise Barnes was a relative. Didn't mean to offend you by talking shit. Sorry he's been amazing since restart and deserves to start every game. 

:facepalm:

He's been awful fella, didn't deserve his last few starts. How is me saying he needs to go on loan to learn decision making giving up on him? Otherwise I'd day get rid wouldn't I? Think before you acuse people of talking shit

Right so your answer to any young player who has a few poor games is to send them packing on loan? He's already done his time on loan in the championship and nailed it, if you think he's awful then yes you are talking shit. He's not started many games since the restart so don't know what you're on about. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

You talking about Brendan?

What?????

Yeah and he can take Congerton and Bennett with him. 

3-0 down and still playing with 3 cbs and 2 wing backs effectively making it a back five is the latest in a catalogue of erratic and baffling tactical decisions.

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

Kane is irritatingly good (when he's not knackered and is playing weak opposition) isn't he?

Yes, needs a move if he ever wants a medal though.

That could be the funny thing for spurs fans crowing - scores the goals that help get Utd UCL, who he then goes & joins

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

Why are we still 3 at the back. What is the obsession with this formation? 

You do know we have 83 year old Wes at the back? You want him part of a two?

Edited by Phube

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s not as simple as that though. Spurs have the players to move the back four around and expose their age and lack of pace. It comes down to we simply don’t have the quality out there. We’ve been dealt a sickening blow losing Chilwell, Madders and Ricardo and it has hit us hard, the players who have stepped up into their place couldn’t sniff the sweat from around their balls in all honesty. We’ve just got to accept the fact we will be playing on Thursday nights and playing near enough in Mongolia! 

It's harder to move them about when they are ATLEAST in their own half! 

I can see It might not be a popular opinion but I would be okay if the club sell Maddison if they use the money well. Tielemans has done better since having regular starts. We need to really buy if we're to progress at all next season, along with competing in the Europa Cup. If top and co can't buy (which is understandable given COVID and their business) that would be a way to generate funds. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Yeah and he can take Congerton and Bennett with him. 

3-0 down and still playing with 3 cbs and 2 wing backs effectively making it a back five is the latest in a catalogue of erratic and baffling tactical decisions.

Hahaha **** off.

• Like 1

Just now, Phube said:

You do know we have 83 year old Was at the back? You want him part of a two?

We are 3 nil down and our only hope is goal difference. We need to throw the kitchen sink at it now to claw it back.

At the minute he’s setting up to defend a 3-0 loss, its baffling.

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The last is it 12, 14 games before the last couple we were wank, lazy and that’s on him. But.

Since  the last few games we look better, a bit back to where we were, and let’s not underestimate who is out, it’s a big painful list.

Should we 3 down now? Yes/no, probably, but my word, our defence, specifically Bennet, is poor.
Does make the Man Utd game a big ask mind. :(

The Bournemouth game was wank too. Unfortunately the Sheffield Utd game is an outlier from the norm.

We shouldn't be three down. Equally we shouldn't be relying on panicked loan signings because Brendan has decided a bigger squad isn't for him. Rodgers is reaping what he's sown here, I'm afraid. We're a club of enviable resources. We could've signed someone to take the pressure off the first team in some respects. The choice not to is costing us majorly. 

1 minute ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Yes, needs a move if he ever wants a medal though.

That could be the funny thing for spurs fans crowing - scores the goals that help get Utd UCL, who he then goes & joins

That thought has cheered me up!