Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Spurs Match Thread 2020

Just now, jammie82uk said:

I will be very happy never to see Bennett play for us again absolute liability, apart for the fact he should be sending the player down the line on both occasions for the goals, he keeps wandering from his position and keeps ending up on the left 

Barnes needs to remember he is actually playing in the game and not a spectator, Thomas is struggling to do both his own job and Barnes’s job 

That's sounds familiar about Barnes......never helps out Chilwell either!

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

We've been OK until the final ball. Same old same old since January. Nothing has changed. Barnes is simply not good enough and perhaps needs another loan. Only players that have some credibility from that is Perez and Thomas. Everyone else has given up. 

Don't talk so much shit. Barnes is a great young player. It's his first full season in the prem, he's had a lot of assists, and should have scored more but he's still learning. No one has given up can't believe what shit people talk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

So first goal was offside, how VAR missed that, I'll never know!!! The third there was a foul when they won the ball back!

How does VAR miss these things?

Come on fella. Clutching at straws here. Defensively we have been worse than shocking. That's why we are losing 3-0. Nothing else. 

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

On the first pass where Son just makes it over the halfway line. I am sure with a 5 minute fiddling with lines, you could prove Sone was offside. Doesn't matter much now, but would like to see a frozen image of the first pass.

Worth a shot...lol

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s a frightening reality into next season though..... with the shitty Europa league to compete in we’re going have to invest heavily in the squad. 

We have about half of our outfield starting XI injured and suspended

Edited by Beechey

3 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Regardless of our questionable defence that, excuse or not, is in no way our first choice let’s be realistic. 

Their first goal was a lucky deflection that could have bounced anywhere and after that we had to attack. We can’t sit back. 

They then hit us two counter attacks. We will have to attack in the second half also and they may counter again. 

After that deflected goal we have to attack.

Maybe - in hindsight, the other course would be to keep yourself in the game, there was no rush.

The disappointment was we didn’t score from our initial spirited response - with that top class save Loris being a turning point.

Following that we were given a warning about Spurs’ pace on the break and perhaps... perhaps, Rodgers would have been wise to signal for a bit of calm and solidity up to half time.

I’m sure we would all have preferred the game becoming a bit of stalemate for a bit and going in 1-0 at the break than what we’re faced with now.

This has proved what the issue has been- that our first team, fully fit and on form, are very good. Go beyond that and we're struggling. 

To improve the squad we're probably going to need to sell at least one big player. Don't know who it will be but the drop off in quality is alarming really.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Stephen Hughes said:

So angry.

Maybe I’m bias but I have never watched a team create chances, like us, but not look like scoring. 

Bennett 😂 People asking about Darnell or an another under 21, surely we have someone from the under 12s who could do better.

I guess there are only so many debutants you can play over a few important games ....

12 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

i agree that Bennet is shit but Thomas gave away possession

Sadly he did .... hope it doesn’t affect him

11 minutes ago, bovril said:

Perez has played well.

Brendan will hook him then!

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We are never having a Champions League chance again. United, Arsenal, Spurs all coming good again. We will be nowhere near it in future.

this was my point on the Europa league thread

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Play them deeper. It's really that simple. Two of their three goals started when our back three were in their half.... When you know your defenders are slow they have to be deep enough to stop them getting behind you. 

dont understand Brendan’s naivety .....probably thought we might lose but that’s not the end of the world re next week ....but the score line has put paid to that !!!!

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Because it was clearly tight and they didn't show a single replay of it.

And no one on here told you it was on did they ??.  They even showed it during the tea break ! 

I haven't watched the game as I've retired into lockdown until next season because its all been too pitiful to watch, since december if we are honest. With 3/4 of the back line out though its got to be likely we will ship 10 goals in the last 2 games.

In a way it is a relief that it will probably end today - another couple of goals and a reasonable win midweek for Utd should see it out of reach whatever. 

My feeling is that Brendan spent the lockdown a bit too relaxed along with the players and the CL was actually thrown away in the first few games rather than here, when we should have thrashed Norwich and Watford and even last week at Bournemouth - then being beat by Spurs and Manure wouldn't have mattered so much but the unfitness in the first four games was shocking and cost us dear. Not very good. 

What we saying then boys? Couple consolation goals and Brendan to come out and say we showed great character in the second half? Why am I even giving 45 minutes to this lol 

Guest ttfn

Today is obviously not Rodgers’ fault.

The fact we’re in a position that today even matters is completely Rodgers’ fault.