Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Spurs Match Thread 2020

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

How would you have set up?

Two banks of four with Bennett tucking in and Justin slotting back when we're defending and having Ayoze/Iheanacho and Vardy up central. The key is having the midfield stay close to the defense. The midfield and Ndidi in particular have been nowhere near to stop either counter and you just don't want Kane, Son, Moura and Lo Celso running at that defense. We're practically begging to be punished.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Unfortunately for Rodgers, 36 year old Morgan + emergency backup Bennett does not equal one Calgar Soyenco.

dont see what else Rodgers could do, he couldn’t play Wes in a back 4 at his age

Play them deeper. It's really that simple. Two of their three goals started when our back three were in their half.... When you know your defenders are slow they have to be deep enough to stop them getting behind you. 

• Like 2

Just like last years game, they take their chances and we don’t. Bennett for as okay as he was on Thursday has been awful. Change to a four at half time and get him off! Take one of our chances at 1-0, it’s a different game, but we have shot ourselves in the foot, all be it a cobbled together defence 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You laughed at my disgust at this. Tw@t. Imagine a supporter of another wishing a career ending injury on one of our players. You're an embarrassment. 

I really wouldn’t care. I’m frustrated and he’s irritating. The world’s got bigger issues than me wanting Harry Kane to stop playing football.

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Still think we’re in this game :ph34r:

You know what's sad, not that long ago I'd take this seriously and agree. That never die spirit, do anything to get the ball in the box, coming back against big teams... we're not that team any more. 

Unlucky with the 1st goal and having 4 key 1st team players out for whatever reason has done us. 

Superb finishes from Kane and overall we've created some good openings but not as ruthless as them. 

Game over and proper shit for our goal difference, so the Utd game won't matter even if we beat them

1 minute ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Yes it is. We were always vulnerable on the counter with this setup. Whats also on Rodgers is the disgraceful form since turn of the year - he took the plaudits prior, so should be taking the criticism now. Absolutely livid with today, but its mainly because we should have been home and dry for CL weeks ago.

It’s not Rodgers fault today is it really? its our horrible injury list, and that stupid twat of a defender who got himself banned. 

1 minute ago, when_you're_smiling said:

We’ve been ok going forward and Pérez has been good. Barnes infuriating given he does so well to get in the positions he does.

That defence is mid-table Champ level though, and there’s nothing at the moment we can. Do about it. 

We've been OK until the final ball. Same old same old since January. Nothing has changed. Barnes is simply not good enough and perhaps needs another loan. Only players that have some credibility from that is Perez and Thomas. Everyone else has given up.