Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Spurs Match Thread 2020

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Well we didn't kick a ball for 4 months.

But yes. We are fourth in the league you tart.

Would have loved to see your reaction when we were actually bad at football.

Mind you, you probably called yourself a Man United fan back then.

No point having a debate when you throw out poor cliched insults. 

The fact he had nearly 4 months to regroup and turn it around but we’ve got worse is part of the reason i’ve lost faith. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WoodyFox said:

For clarification on Ryan Bennett, he had to make 5 starts for a permanent move to Leicester to automatically go through.

It's his 3rd start today and only 1 game left for Leicester this season.

Still have an option to buy him for £5m

thank god for that

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Pretty much. Table never lies, but we're where we are on the back of 2 months' form and I think 5th flatters us.

It does. Shows how incredible that form was. I'm not going into the Rodgers debate again as what will be will be but it's pretty unforgivable the form since then 

For clarification on Ryan Bennett, he had to make 5 starts for a permanent move to Leicester to automatically go through.

Are you 100% sure?

Well that's a ****ing relief 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Even before the injuries we were dropping points when we shouldn’t have been. The fact is that he was given a 3 month break to essentially reevaluate and readjust but we’ve come back even worse is alarming. 

Its not about who we can bring in, that will always sort itself out but at the moment given the past 8 months and the circumstances, i have no faith Rodgers will turn it around, if he was going too he would have by now.

How he sat there in January and thought all he needed was Ryan bloody Bennett was amateurish. I wouldnt trust him or Congerton with another window. 

We don’t know who was available or who else we tried to sign - the need for cover was clear, but signing someone to sit in 3rd / 4th choice behind a settled back line is no easy ask.

1 minute ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Just an obligatory Rach reply in order to boost our scoring chances...

I do wonder how many "scoring chances" the guys who keep posting that pic are actually getting ...

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

If we're honest with ourselves we don't deserve top 4 in the slightest. Been shit for about 2/3 of the season. Europa league is about right 

Agree with you there- top teams would've seen the job through, we are clearly not strong enough or became complacent, neither of which is healthy.

The main concern going forward from here is if we've put a glass ceiling on ourselves and any bad run which weakens our league position will be excused. We don't want to keep throwing away great opportunities.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hamptonfox said:

We haven't played like a top four side since the 4-1 away win at Villa on 8th December.

Its no surprise that 20 league games on, with bottom 6 form, with a handful of players missing, that we are only as good as Brighton or Watford.

And Brendan turned interest from Arsenal into a brand new contract on 6th December.

We beat Villa 4-1 away 2 days later.

We turned to shit within a week of Rodgers new contract being signed.

Mmmm........