Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Spurs Match Thread 2020

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Today is obviously not Rodgers’ fault.

The fact we’re in a position that today even matters is completely Rodgers’ fault. 

I'm not saying it is but Spurs have been scoring counter attacking goals recently, to set up 3 at the back with the slowest centre halves in the league is pretty stupid when we don't necessarily have to win this, was silly. Hindsight, sure.

There's nothing much to say about this half. We were a weakened team. with their back to the wall, forced to go all out to get a result and maintain the the hopes of CL qualification alive. Against Mourinho, who got the first goal. Add to that our horrendous record against the so-called big 6 and the result is not surprising.

I predicted us drawing 1-1 against them and I proved to be royally wrong. To be fair, I thought we'd get the first goal.

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Sorry didn't realise Barnes was a relative. Didn't mean to offend you by talking shit. Sorry he's been amazing since restart and deserves to start every game. 

:facepalm:

He's been awful fella, didn't deserve his last few starts. How is me saying he needs to go on loan to learn decision making giving up on him? Otherwise I'd day get rid wouldn't I? Think before you acuse people of talking shit

You are just angry and frustrated but picking on the young players is never going to make sense - thought he got forward well today and has the makings of a great player - big teams like Man U etc usually stick with their young talent but at Leicester we tend to slag them off so much most of them either leave or fade away - pick on the manager, he threw the restart away with shocking decisions

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Maybe - in hindsight, the other course would be to keep yourself in the game, there was no rush.

The disappointment was we didn’t score from our initial spirited response - with that top class save Loris being a turning point.

Following that we were given a warning about Spurs’ pace on the break and perhaps... perhaps, Rodgers would have been wise to signal for a bit of calm and solidity up to half time.

I’m sure we would all have preferred the game becoming a bit of stalemate for a bit and going in 1-0 at the break than what we’re faced with now.

Fair point but it still means at some point we have to attack. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s a frightening reality into next season though..... with the shitty Europa league to compete in we’re going have to invest heavily in the squad. 

Shitty Europa League -  behave.  With this squad in the UCL we would get spanked. We are all disappointed but some need to get real.  4 certain starters missing today and a 36 year old CB playing a high line.

• Like 2

Just now, MarshallForEngland said:

I think Europa reflects where we are at the moment. If we scrape a Champions League spot somehow I think I'll still feel a bit deflated as we'll have crawled over the line and haven't really looked like a side that could compete at that level for quite some time now.

This is right. We have a long way to go. Not even like last time where we were riding the band of brothers camaraderie. Many of us are only hoping for a CL spot because we know it won’t come around again in a long time.

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Play the backline deeper. Simple as that. 

It’s not as simple as that though. Spurs have the players to move the back four around and expose their age and lack of pace. It comes down to we simply don’t have the quality out there. We’ve been dealt a sickening blow losing Chilwell, Madders and Ricardo and it has hit us hard, the players who have stepped up into their place couldn’t sniff the sweat from around their balls in all honesty. We’ve just got to accept the fact we will be playing on Thursday nights and playing near enough in Mongolia!