Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Spurs Match Thread 2020

7 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

3 of our first team back 4 out, our main midfielder missing, we’re playing with half a team. Still going on a European tour next year though!

This has been smoke and mirrors with a makeshift back line.  I'm not sure how much differently BR could have set us up.  Strength in depth is such an obvious difference between rich clubs and other clubs. 

If we can play with intent and claw back a goal, we at least retain a possibility to go into next week in fourth, with fight left in us.  Win the second half, it's all we can do now, so go do it.

• Like 1

Hard to get angry. Just disappointed. We played okay for most of that half. Some great finishes from Kane. Just feel this is about as good as we can play with this group of players, right now. It’s not helped by Barnes being completely out of sorts, but that’s our squad - great when everyone is fit and firing. Weak when not. 

• Like 4

For the first Justin is only that deep and that central because of Kanes run. That's where the rule is s**t, really Justin ideally should switch off and let him be there in a potentially offside position, by being drawn in he ends up in the way of the ball and the shot. You'll never see it being called but it's annoying, without Kanes run there's clear daylight between Kasper and the shot. The old "interfering with play" argument, he's certainly influenced the positioning of our defender who end up,scoring an OG.

I would have stuck Wilf at CB and-played Mendy. I think Wilf/Johnson/Evans would have been a better option than Wes/Bennet?    We were always going to get killed with pace - frigging obvious. 

I will be very happy never to see Bennett play for us again absolute liability, apart for the fact he should be sending the player down the line on both occasions for the goals, he keeps wandering from his position and keeps ending up on the left 

Barnes needs to remember he is actually playing in the game and not a spectator, Thomas is struggling to do both his own job and Barnes’s job 

Just now, That_Dude said:

He never was offside, I honestly don't understand why people got worked up.

You can't deny it was close. And we have had to wait until half time to see it properly (probably to give Sky time to tamper with the footage in Final Cut :P).

1 minute ago, shen said:

Two banks of four with Bennett tucking in and Justin slotting back when we're defending and having Ayoze/Iheanacho and Vardy up central. The key is having the midfield stay close to the defense. The midfield and Ndidi in particular have been nowhere near to stop either counter and you just don't want Kane, Son, Moura and Lo Celso running at that defense. We're practically begging to be punished.

I think he was concerned about Bennett and Justin down the right side, hence the extra centre back!

Not sure it would make a difference with personal available!

Just now, Pliskin said:

It’s not Rodgers fault today is it really? its our horrible injury list, and that stupid twat of a defender who got himself banned. 

My view - if we setup to not be so easy to counterattack we wouldn't be 3 down at HT.

Slightly reduce our possession as we do nothing with it any more, and maybe try and at least keep the GD gap we've now blown.

Played far too open that half and with such a weak side. System not working against more clinical and mobile forwards than Sheff Utd had. Mourinho was just happy to teach Brendan a lesson and unfortunately Brendan has fallen for it.

3 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Would’ve prolly stood anyway. Kane wasn’t affecting play. :(

On the first pass where Son just makes it over the halfway line. I am sure with a 5 minute fiddling with lines, you could prove Sone was offside. Doesn't matter much now, but would like to see a frozen image of the first pass.

1 minute ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Well, we're unlucky to be 3 goals down, but think we used up a bit of grit and fight in our last game.

Our side does look injury ravaged at the moment and shows our complete lack of strength in depth.

Thomas and Bennett at fault for the goals. I can excuse a young man making his second senior start, but an experienced player like Bennett should have no excuse. He's not the standard we need and we can do better, 5m or not.

We need to not concede any more and try and nick a goal or two second half for goal difference if we're still bothered about champions league, but the game is gone.

Personally, I'm not feeling too bothered about today's game - I'm happy with Europa, feel it's about what we deserve this season, and reckon we could actually go far in that competition, but can really understand the frustration that we've thrown away such a commanding position.

We need to make lots of signings when the window opens.

Might stick on an episode of mr robot for something slightly more uplifting.

Problem is I don’t think we will/can.
And if we don’t get CL, we will likely lose a couple of players and will likely not be as attractive to the quality players we need.

4 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

The most annoying this is these aren't even that good, we just kill ourselves!

We have got caught on the ball in silly areas, an have paid for it, but if you ask me whether we'd be 3-0 up given those same opportunities, I wouldn't be to confident the main strengths of Spurs is Son and Kane, an we haven't been clinical enough when we have had half chances, the reality is while they aren't quite where they'd like to be, they have consistently finished in the top 6, for at the least the last 10 years, an this will be our 2nd top 6 premiership finish. 

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

Hard to get angry. Just disappointed. We played okay for most of that half. Some great finishes from Kane. Just feel this is about as good as we can play with this group of players, right now. It’s not helped by Barnes being completely out of sorts, but that’s our squad - great when everyone is fit and firing. Weak when not. 

Its not just good finishing by kane though is it. Its school boy defending. Making it so so easy for him

Just now, Pliskin said:

It’s not Rodgers fault today is it really? its our horrible injury list, and that stupid twat of a defender who got himself banned. 

It really is his fault. He is playing a criminally slow defence on the halfway line against a quick set of forwards..... It was only ever going to end one way and a bunch of folk said so before the match. 

• Like 2