Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Spurs Match Thread 2020

Worst thing in this is ffp doesn't mean shit, all these teams can spend a fortune and get away it. We clearly can't, but finishing top 4 would go a long way in enabling us to bridge the gap and actually compete in this league. We don't know what was available in January, but we did nothing to bring any kind of depth in and it's cost us massively

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I think he has to play Johnson ........ what’s the point of that back three against yanited ??.

Fully agree. 

We can’t play 3 at the back against forwards that move. It’s an embarrassment. I’m surprised it’s not a higher score. 

I also see no point in giving us corners.

• Haha 1

F*** the GD now, can we take Evans off before he gets another booking so we still have some slim hope on the final day?

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

Sometimes it's hard for people to understand criticism doesn't necessarily mean termination. 

I don't want Brendan to go, far from it. His performance this season has shown glaring holes in his management approach and that needs to be addressed. 

It is possible to think he's not done very well without needing to slaughter him entirely. 

I think it's safe to say he's not quite a top tier manager. Got the side motivated, some players really improved.  Shored up the back, but tactically is where he's weakest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Staff said:

Worst thing in this is ffp doesn't mean shit, all these teams can spend a fortune and get away it. We clearly can't, but finishing top 4 would go a long way in enabling us to bridge the gap and actually compete in this league. We don't know what was available in January, but we did nothing to bring any kind of depth in and it's cost us massively

We gambled and failed big time 

1 minute ago, Staff said:

FFP in England will be relaxed to stop clubs losing lots of money and being punished because of the pandemic, I doubt a lot will be able to go out and spend serious amounts. Tottenham have taken out huge loans, Arsenal are making noises that they won't be able to spend a lot, probably only Chelsea and Man City spending.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Sometimes it's hard for people to understand criticism doesn't necessarily mean termination. 

I don't want Brendan to go, far from it. His performance this season has shown glaring holes in his management approach and that needs to be addressed. 

It is possible to think he's not done very well without needing to slaughter him entirely. 

I can see your point and its a good one. If we hadn’t completely collapsed the way we have i’d share that view but in my opinion he was given a golden opportunity with the 4 month break to readjust, reevaluate and position ourselves to assault the back end of the season but I really think he was banking on the league being cancelled. It explains why we’ve come back and looked leggy and generally poor and not motivated.

Wasting that break and blowing the lead we had just leads me to think that long term he isn’t the man for the job. I hope i’m wrong and would love to be proven wrong. 

• Like 1

Just now, Winchesterfox said:

That's not for another week though.  

And if they both get themselves injured they can't play against United.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Dennis also looks a bit rusty ...

Do you rate him Albans? 

I don’t see what he adds to the team personally. 

4 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I don't see it that way. Chelsea lose to Liverpool and draw with Wolves. It's still on.

No it's not. Completely dilusional to think we will beat man united with this side. 

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Settling for a 3-0 loss. Absolutely pathetic.

I don't think it's us settling for that. It's spurs settling for the win and sitting back. 

With little creativity in the team there's little to do for Rodgers under the circumstances. 

Spurs have done well to stop the balls through to Vardy to run on to. 

• Like 2