Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Wouldn't it be a story of how average we've been since playing Norwich in December and that we've lost some quality players along the way in Ricardo, Chilwell, Soyuncu and Maddison only to snatch victory out of the jaws of defeat on the last day of the season.

I for one still believe this story could have a happy ending.

The odds are certainly less than 5000-1

• Like 1

Bredan will have to throw the current setup and formation out, he's seen that while it may get you a win at home to Sheff Utd, it is simply not up to facing top class opposition. So he will have to come up with something new, and who knows what on earth he will fashion out of the rags and bones that we have left from our non-injured, non-suspended first team players complemented by the youth squad.

All he knows right now is that he can't line up with Bennett, Morgan, and Evans as a back three, flanked by backup and youth wing-backs.

I think Mendy and Praet will have to feature alongside Tielemans and Ndidi, flooding midfield to protect Wes and Evans rather than going 5 at the back. Up front, Vardy has to be on it like the 5-3 like he's 29 again, and hope Perez pays back his transfer fee or Barnes is on it, or just gamble with Hirst.

It's time to shit or get off the pot, and all we currently know is we can't use the same bedpan we crapped into at Spurs, we missed that one and made a right mess of the sheets.

It's last chance saloon, the final 'boss' of the season with a ragtag bunch and somehow, Brendan has to fashion a win. It's that or the sack* and we get Pearson back in.

(*sack = Second highest PL finish in clubs history, European tour next season, and potentially Vardy lifting the Europa League Trophy in June 2021)

Edited by jim5000
  • Like 1

Well give this a good go a couple of injuries for them Wednesday as well as a couple from this weekend might put the spanner in the works for them, can see the lads coming out strong for this one especially if results go our way mid week, At home I’m hoping the club do something special to boost the lads for the final game of the season So let’s hope Liverpool West Ham and Wolves do is a bloody decent favour in the coming week and then it’ll be down to our boys in Blue !

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

"We don't stand a single chance".

Why post such shit that is completely untrue. Genuinely didn't read anything you wrote after that as what's the point as it will just be hysterical claptrap no doubt. 

And the evidence is overwhelming that we stand a chance? We don’t... we got blown over by spurs today, and they barely broke a sweat. United front line will have an absolute field day against this defence. Hysterical claptrap? We folded like an accordion against lowly Bournemouth. The reality is, in our current state we do not stand a chance of even getting a point against united next weekend. It will be a blood bath. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingsX said:

I know you are just communicating your opinion / feelings like the rest of us.  But have you considered whether you’d want other clubs' fans to see all these bedwetting posts?  We are bruised but still fighting!

An opinion based on evidence of our current form? Up until yesterday I was convinced we would beat spurs and I was convinced we would just finish in the top four at a Chelsea’s expense. But yesterday just proved that the injuries we have has simply left us there for the taking. We played fairly well yesterday and couldn’t keep spurs out. It’s alright moaning at some fans who are being “hysterical” but what we’ve had to witness since the turn of the year is a capitulation, and quite often we’ve seen the following season end just as badly if not worse. 

As for other fans I’m the only Leicester fan that’s lives where I live, the “united” fans basically aren’t even considering the last game, they think their last game is West Ham, and we’re merely a final hurrah. And how can you argue against it? I guess I’m just royally pissed off, that somehow we’ve managed to piss away so frivolously what seemed to be a certainty at one point, the second half of the season has been a disaster. 

12 hours ago, Walkers said:

What are you all so worried about!?!!?!?! We're still 15 points ahead of Man Utd!!!

What are you all so worried about!?!!?!?! We're still 13 points ahead of Man Utd!!!

What are you all so worried about!?!!?!?! We're still 10 points ahead of Man Utd!!!

What are you all so worried about!?!!?!?! We're still 8 points ahead of Man Utd!!!

What are you all so worried about!?!!?!?! We're still 7 points ahead of Man Utd!!!

What are you all so worried about!?!!?!?! We're still 5 points ahead of Man Utd!!!

What are you all so worried about!?!!?!?! We're still 3 points ahead of Man Utd!!!

What are you all so worried about!?!!?!?! We still have a better goal difference than Man Utd!!!

What are you all so worried about!?!!?!?! All we need to do is beat Man Utd!!!

Imagine what Liverpool fans felt when Gerrard slipped and lost the title after a commanding lead. But in terms of the scale of the fall, ours has been greater.

• Like 1

If we play this ridiculous three cbs and wing backs system we will get absolutely annihilated. Rashford and Greenwood will pull our centre halves all over the place. 

Along with injuries and a complete crisis of confidence levels I think this change in shape is what’s done us in since the restart. No idea why he plays it. To play that system you need fantastic wing backs and a back 3 used to playing the system as well. We have neither currently 

Edited by Dickov22
  • Like 2

Let's face it, this return from lockdown (with games every 3/4 days and 5 subs) was always going to favour the bigger clubs with deeper squads - and that is exactly how it's panned out. Having our worst injury/suspension crisis for years just at this moment when the games are coming so thick and fast has only compounded the disadvantage we have faced. 

Our current situation is the equivalent of Liverpool playing without TAA, Robertson, Van Dijk and Wijnaldum. And it has also exposed the folly of not investing in a third high quality CB. Look at the 3rd choice centre backs at the clubs around us in the table compared to our options of a 37 year old and a bargain bucket CB who was 5th choice at a club below us in the table. 

Anyway, we are where we are. So on to next Sunday. I feel strangely calm about the whole thing. Sealing EL qualification last Thursday has taken away all of the tension and stress. I'm resigned to us missing out on the CL. I'm struggling to get up for the match at all, which seems very odd, given the circumstances, but that's how I feel. As for team selection, we have to return to 4 at the back, and I'd go for a midfield of Wilf, Hamza and Youri. Hamza should be all over Fernandez like a rash. Then up front let's go all out pace with Vards, Barnes and Gray. Then just play like Spurs yesterday, sit really deep and hit long balls over the top to catch them on the break, especially down their left side with Maguire and a reserve left back.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I'm really not sure I even feel nervous about this game anymore. Just feel apathetic and resigned to it.

Same. Just gonna watch it as its the last game. Zero expectations and actually think United will put a few past West ham to take it out of our reach anyway

Jus can’t see is going into this with a hope. We won’t put score their result this week based on recent evidence. 
IF we did have a hope, any thoughts on man marking Fernandes?  Everything goes through him and their decent form started when he arrived. Choudhury to follow him around?

Teams can win with a bit of luck and a lot of spirit. This side hasn’t shown any fight, they give up / fold too easily.

Utd might not be the side of winners they once were but they’ve got more fight and class than us. 

Let us see. Its not over, the end is not known, only the likelihood brings sadness or apathy.

We are in a tough spot, shocking form in the 2nd half of the season has undone lots of purple patch results (yes, that's what it was, not a new norm....yet), and we were badly impacted by injuries, however if we still in with a chance on Sunday, the who gives a ****

:scarf:

We need to play counter attack otherwise they'll rip us a new one. 

They have pace and movement the 2 things our defence lacks.

Our players, fans and manager seem resigned to having already lost this game even before it's started.

It's a peculiar situation.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

Although feeling like it's definitely not going to happen, we've got a couple of things going into the final game going in our favour:

- Chelsea have to play Liverpool - Liverpool having had some poor results recently will surely want to end the season on a high note. Assuming Chelsea don't win, and Wolves beat Palace tonight, Chelsea vs Wolves will be an interesting final game for them. Wolves beating Palace tonight would have them leapfrog Spurs into 6th, with a Europa League spot to play for on Sunday when they face Chelsea

- Chelsea and Man United play their 37th games on Wednesday, so we'll have had 3 extra days rest/preparation going in to the final match. Also, a chance either/both squads pick up injuries

- Somehow if West Ham manage to beat Man United on Wednesday (stranger things have happened) then a draw on Sunday will still secure us 4th

A lot of ifs and buts, but we're somehow still not quite out of this

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Has anyone actually realised the difference in champions league money to Europe league is 13m euros? (Based on us being knocked out in the first round of the competition.

Thatd buy us 1 x papy mendy so I'm not exactly sure it matters that much, nor makes us that much more financially stable.

I thought there was then a decent amount of money per group stage win?

14 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Although feeling like it's definitely not going to happen, we've got a couple of things going into the final game going in our favour:

- Chelsea have to play Liverpool - Liverpool having had some poor results recently will surely want to end the season on a high note. Assuming Chelsea don't win, and Wolves beat Palace tonight, Chelsea vs Wolves will be an interesting final game for them. Wolves beating Palace tonight would have them leapfrog Spurs into 6th, with a Europa League spot to play for on Sunday when they face Chelsea

- Chelsea and Man United play their 37th games on Wednesday, so we'll have had 3 extra days rest/preparation going in to the final match. Also, a chance either/both squads pick up injuries

- Somehow if West Ham manage to beat Man United on Wednesday (stranger things have happened) then a draw on Sunday will still secure us 4th

Precisely, well put

There are many permutations to the way we approach this game, it's hard to be confident that we can keep this game a tight affair given how good they are in attack and how bad at times we are at the back when the game doesn't go our way. However, we are at home and although there aren't any fans, I think we will be much more stronger than we seem to be when away from home. I do not believe we need to go all guns blazing in this game and we cannot be exposed on the counter from the off, i'm nervous for us to go with a back four. I believe 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3 might mean the midfield battle of Pogba and Fernandes vs Tielemans and Ndidi is crucial and perhaps we could add Praet or Choudhury in there at the expense of Barnes and play Perez off Vardy to start with.

We likely need to take the lead as our form for turning round matches isn't that great right now but as long as we only need to win the game and not need to win by 2 or more should mean we can be patient in the game but not mistaken that for being pragmatic, nervy and negative. I'm quite tired of us being easily swept aside by better teams and us left with most of the possession and even having created a fair number of seemingly good chances. A bit of fight and mental toughness would go a long way to creating the platform of a momentus victory and in turn qualify for the Champions League that we so badly need in the circumstances of this season.

16 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Feels very much like some of the play-off seasons we've been involved in when we've snuck in 6th even when wasting commanding positions to secure it much earlier. We are looking in to the abyss, it logically feels like it's all but over but that's when the pressure seems to be off us and we seem better able to cope.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

And the evidence is overwhelming that we stand a chance? We don’t... we got blown over by spurs today, and they barely broke a sweat. United front line will have an absolute field day against this defence. Hysterical claptrap? We folded like an accordion against lowly Bournemouth. The reality is, in our current state we do not stand a chance of even getting a point against united next weekend. It will be a blood bath. 

Yes the evidence is not just overwhelming that we stand a chance but indisputable. 

You obviously have no concept of probability.