Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

Some tired bodies out there, so a full week's rest will be useful.

I think playing to win will suit these players more than playing to avoid defeat, and ultimately they should play with a bit of freedom.

I'd look to play Gray, Barnes and Pérez as a trio behind Vardy in a 4 at the back, and have a go at them.

It's still possible until it's over.

TIRED ?    They've had 3 bloody months off!

OK. Cast your emotions aside. I’ve done my calculations and these, I think, are the permutations for us to finish ahead of United.

If they lose to West Ham (some hope!) we only need to draw with them to finish above them.

If they draw with or beat West Ham by a one or two-goal margin up to and including 4-2, we have to beat them by any score.

If United beat West Ham by a three or four-goal margin up to 5-1, we have to beat them by two goals.

If they beat West Ham by 5-0 or more then...Europa League here we come!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Can't see Man United getting anything other than a comprehensive 2 or 3 goal victory over West Ham so we'll have to overturn that or hope that Chelsea slip up against Liverpool or Wolves. 2 Points for Chelsea and we beat United and we've done it. Not a chance we're capable of beating United 3-0.

But I just cannot see anything other than a United win here because I can't see us scoring goals or not conceding, we are so wasteful up front and always look shaky at the back. 

So disappointing that we've got ourselves into this position but like I've said before we only have ourselves to blame, yes we've had injuries and suspensions but our main first XI was available for the start of the bad run in December 2019.

That said we have to go for it, hope we have a bit of luck, and who knows.

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

OK. Cast your emotions aside. I’ve done my calculations and these, I think, are the permutations for us to finish ahead of United.

If they lose to West Ham (some hope!) we only need to draw with them to finish above them.

If they draw with or beat West Ham by a one or two-goal margin up to and including 4-2, we have to beat them by any score.

If United beat West Ham by a three or four-goal margin up to 5-1, we have to beat them by two goals.

If they beat West Ham by 5-0 or more then...Europa League here we come!

We can finish above Chelsea if they get 2 points from Liverpool and Wolves and we beat United.

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No it doesn't.

Man Utd win by two we just need to beat them.

Man Utd win by four and we need to win by two goals.

I know. I said i got it wrong.

Just now, Tuna said:

We can finish above Chelsea if they get 2 points from Liverpool and Wolves and we beat United.

Yeah I know that. I was only listing how we can finish above United.

4 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

DRAW?!  You uave seen our lot play recently, ya?

😂😂 Genuinely if we need a draw I hope we set up defensively and play them on the counter. They're rapid on the break, even quicker than Spurs and would run rings around our back line. 

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No it doesn't.

Man Utd win by two we just need to beat them.

Man Utd win by four and we need to win by two goals.

The thickery from some of our fans makes me hope we don't qualify for it now. Unforgivable in my eyes that 😂😂

• Haha 1

Look. Forget it. It’s over. They’ll tonk us, lets be real. We’re not good enough for the CL, it’ll be embarrassing. Not sure I can cope with Smughead pipping us to it though 😖

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

And of course if Chelsea lose both games, we only need a draw v United to finish ahead of Chelsea on goal difference. 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Man Utd will do whatever they can to win comfortably against West Ham. I can't see us overturning any more than a 2 goal difference. Chelsea losing to Liverpool would give us half a chance. Relying on too many results to go our way.

Let's just see what happens midweek but as long as Chelsea don't win at Liverpool and Man Utd win by a cricket score we'll go into the game next week with every chance. 

9 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

TIRED ?    They've had 3 bloody months off!

Playing twice a week for four weeks is very difficult when you aren't at full match fitness, particularly for players like Luke Thomas and Wes Morgan who haven't played in some time but have then played 180 minutes in four days.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Before you make any predictions, factor in the token V.A.R. Soft penalty for them and disallowed goal for us. Will Madison be available? If he is would that influence whether we go with a back four or five unless we go 5-3-2 instead of 5-2-3.

-1 - 6

All I ask is we're as little more inticate and thoughtful with our play. If an extra sideway or even better backwards pass needs to be played then all the better.

Let's slow it down, think about things and if the oppositions forces a mistake then its fine, absolutely fine.

They've been magnificent this 2nd half of the season, lets finish it off just as good.

Whatever happens, i do not feel we deserve a place. If we did make the cut I would be fearful for how we would fare in the champions league. 

For me it all feels like who has lost the champions league places. Not who has won one. 14 points clear at one point should not result in a Europa league spot if you have any amount of quality in your squad. 

I don’t fear for next season because I have no expectations. But we need to learn that we need strength in depth. That’s something we are clearly lacking.