Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Not sure why but in the back of my mind Spurs still worry me a little, if that front 4 start firing week in week out they are capable of a big finish. 

I'm just relieved they have Mourinho in charge who will probably drop a couple of them soon enough

I did think that the other day, With Bale starting to fire and Alli getting involved it's like two new signings, two fresh bodies in the squad and on paper a front three of Son, Kane and Bale with Alli behind is frightening. As you say, hopefully it won't last, they'll improve on their first half season form but hopefully it won't be quite enough. That would be under achievement with what they've had available to them but with a bomb scare like Dier at the back the opposition will always have a chance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Not sure why but in the back of my mind Spurs still worry me a little, if that front 4 start firing week in week out they are capable of a big finish. 

I'm just relieved they have Mourinho in charge who will probably drop a couple of them soon enough

I agree. They seem to be finding some sort of form. But I am confident we will beat them on the last day of the season - particularly if they need something out of it.

• Like 1

The last 8 managers to win league matches at Anfield makes a quite remarkable list- Paul Clement, Sam Allardyce, Sean Dyche, Graham Potter, Pep Guardiola, Carlo Ancelotti, Thomas Tuchel and Scott Parker.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

The last 8 managers to win league matches at Anfield makes a quite remarkable list- Paul Clement, Sam Allardyce, Sean Dyche, Graham Potter, Pep Guardiola, Carlo Ancelotti, Thomas Tuchel and Scott Parker.

Imagine the odds on this...

Millions to one I’d guess 

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Wasn't there a scientific article posted on here last season, or close season, by some cleverdick who theorised that their style.of play was physically unsustainable 

Especially this season with it's rapid roll-over of games. Pep (tbf) spotted this and changed how they played, when to press and when not to so as to alleviate some of that physical strain. Why Klopp hasn't I don't understand (he was even one of the "we need five subs" brigade). They have a pretty deep squad (not as deep as ManC) with some very good players. To suggest they're not adaptable would be mad. 

13 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Don’t be daft, there not going to sack a manager who won them there first league tittle in 30 odd years, this is a weird season, there still in the champions league, would be very harsh to sack him tbf

Stranger things have happened.  There was a team just a few years ago who sacked their manager whilst still in the Champions League having won their first title ever in their history.  Quite remarkable.

Just now, nnfox said:

Stranger things have happened.  There was a team just a few years ago who sacked their manager whilst still in the Champions League having won their first title ever in their history.  Quite remarkable.

I have heard on the grapevine klopp might be leaving at the end of the year

thats the rumour in media circles

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

This is unbelievable. There is so much wrong with Liverpool at the minute it's crazy. You can't even blame it all on Van Dijk (as much as they try to use it) 

And I'm here for it. They could have set up to dominate for a good few years to come and they messed it up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

This is unbelievable. There is so much wrong with Liverpool at the minute it's crazy. You can't even blame it all on Van Dijk (as much as they try to use it) 

Whichever way they like to spin it people call us (And other teams) a one man team.

Liverpool and their fans cry about the Van Dijk injury, are they openly admitting they're a one man team?

Such a victim mentality run football club.

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

• Like 4

Just now, StanSP said:

And I'm here for it. They could have set up to dominate for a good few years to come and they messed it up. 

Absolutley. The further the slip the better imo. Until klopp came in they had one champions league in my life time and kids at school would go on about how they're the best thing that's ever happened to football and that leicester are shit. So **** em. 

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

So looking like a few north east derbies in the championship for Newcastle to look forward to.

Boro fans won't be happy being called north east!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

That is what the Liverpool fans were expecting, to have it all come down on them so soon is devastating... funny for everyone else though lol 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Whichever way they like to spin it people call us (And other teams) a one man team.

Liverpool and their fans cry about the Van Dijk injury, are they openly admitting they're a one man team?

Such a victim mentality run football club.

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Well yea, there's a fifa wide conspiracy against them to keep them down. #scousenotenglish

• Like 1