Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Liverpool will still win. It's a weak/changed squad but isn't that what we've expected to happen for months? I don't like Klopp or Liverpool but we've hammered them for not changing things then moaning about injuries.

Now they've done it and it's no surprise given the opposition really.

Today? Or sometime in the next year? Lol

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Man Utd turn up today. Done pretty well recently in the derbies at the Etihad haven't they? 

Reasonably and if you're not turning up for your local derby it's a sad state of affairs. Hopefully they don't though.

Just now, String fellow said:

"Liverpool look likely to once again run away with the Premier League title" - Gary Lineker's words of wisdom on 19/12/2020, with a split infinitive thrown in for good measure!

Literally everybody said that though.

They started off so well and Man City didn't. 

8 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Well I for one have no compunction about enjoying  L’pools fall from grace . They were graceless winners last season , disrespectful to opponents and were borderline guilty of cheating with their ridiculous diving antics . Klopp was an insufferable smug presence and his touchline cavorting was an embarrassment. If it’s another 30 years before they win another title that will be fine .

My issue with this is that while ideally I hope it'll be us to be competing for the title (not realistic) we need teams to be competing with ManC. Their finances put them in a league above everybody else and without teams like Klopp's Liverpool for the last couple of seasons then we'll see ManC just dominate for the foreseeable future. I can't stand Chelski and I was happy the mire ManU have been in since Fergie left. Arsenal are now a mid table team. We're struggling for actual competition at the top of the table. 

Edited by Hoopla10
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Literally everybody said that though.

They started off so well and Man City didn't. 

I'm sure even at that point Pep' said in an interview it'll be hard to compete against them (he might have even thrown the league to Liverpool). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoopla10 said:

My issue with this is that while ideally I hope it's to be competing for the title (not realistic) we need teams to be competing with ManC. Their finances put them in a league above everybody else and without teams like Klopp's Liverpool for the last couple of seasons then we'll see ManC just dominate for the foreseeable future. I can't stand Chelski and I was happy the mire ManU have been in since Fergie left. Arsenal are now a mid table team. We're struggling for actual competition at the top of the table. 

We're the ****ing competition!!

:scarf:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Not sure why but in the back of my mind Spurs still worry me a little, if that front 4 start firing week in week out they are capable of a big finish. 

I'm just relieved they have Mourinho in charge who will probably drop a couple of them soon enough

They have a very favourable run of games too

• Like 1