Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Odd.  They did OK (IIRC) last year when Kane was out.  Is it just Mourinho, or are other changes responsible for this decline?

Son actually thrived during that period if I remember rightly. He was banging them in. It has to be how Jose sets them up and trains them. Lloris rolled the ball out quickly, it got picked up on the half way line and there was the ability to run the line and attack but players just pointed for him to pass back. It's just weird. They're a shadow of the team that went to the CL final and Poch' has moved on so any hope he might come back has gone lol.

They have WBA next I think. Are those teams just going to leave the ball on the center spot and park the bus? I'd love Fat Sam to do a job on Jose. 

3 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

This has gotta be the most boring season for the BIG six games, teams are more interesting in not losing then winning, bar Liverpool they try and go for the win and then loose 🤣

I just don’t think the Big Six are what Sky etc are so desperate to make them out to be.

No doubt there will be all the usual massive hype in the build up for Liverpool v Man City on Sunday though...

Obviously works with him in training so his opinion is infinitely more well informed than mine, but is he not cutting his nose off to spite his face with Dele Alli at this point? I'm not a massive fan but he's about the only player in that squad that has come close to Son and Kane for numbers over the past few seasons (I know the game isn't all numbers, but still).

Moura / Bergwijn / Lamela need to be the players easing the creative burden when one of the key pair are out but it just doesn't seem to happen. A lot of fat needs trimming in that squad, which isn't a particularly big one as it is. 

Mourinho has built a team where the attacking threat relies pretty much solely on Kane and Son being fit and firing.

They've been separated by injury and he was retreating further and further in matches anyway. Sat back at 1-0 against Crystal Palace and Wolves. Barely threatened our goal. Brighton cruised. Fulham got a deserved point.

They aren't out of the top four race but the players look fed up, are making basic errors and losing points.

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

Mourinho has built a team where the attacking threat relies pretty much solely on Kane and Son being fit and firing.

They've been separated by injury and he was retreating further and further in matches anyway. Sat back at 1-0 against Crystal Palace and Wolves. Barely threatened our goal. Brighton cruised. Fulham got a deserved point.

They aren't out of the top four race but the players look fed up, are making basic errors and losing points.

Then they spent £300K a week on Bale, who is basically permanently on the golf course and £3 mill (loan) on a striker who hasn't shown his worth yet.

Edited by UniFox21

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Then they spent £300K a week on Bale, who is basically permanently on the golf course and £30mill (?) on a striker who hasn't shown his worth yet.

Pretty sure he's on loan.... 

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

Obviously works with him in training so his opinion is infinitely more well informed than mine, but is he not cutting his nose off to spite his face with Dele Alli at this point? I'm not a massive fan but he's about the only player in that squad that has come close to Son and Kane for numbers over the past few seasons (I know the game isn't all numbers, but still).

Moura / Bergwijn / Lamela need to be the players easing the creative burden when one of the key pair are out but it just doesn't seem to happen. A lot of fat needs trimming in that squad, which isn't a particularly big one as it is. 

I don't know how much to read into it but didn't Jose in an interview earlier today say that Alli is a much needed talent and has a position in the squad. Then went on to say that we want to get him back training. It sounded like he's not even training. On the team today I don't know why Alli or Bale weren't on the pitch. Especially second half when they needed some intent. 

Something has gone very wrong for Jose at some point. I don't know whether it's the job just weighed him down or something in his personal life but I say Spurs are a shadow of their former selves, so is Jose. He was this young cocky manager with a ton of swagger. He had this good energy around him. Now I'm not even sure any fan from his previous clubs would declare their allegiance to him. He's seemingly burnt every bridge he's crossed. And he's given some of these fans incredibly high moments in their club's histories. It's mad. He should be one of the most loved managers in the modern era. I don't even think his "style" is out dated or doesn't work any more. It's him. That spark he had is gone. Athletico's team/fans ride and die with Simeone. Anybody saying you got to play free flowing football, that Pep' way, to achieve stuff, nah I don't buy it. I kind of thought he was getting it back earlier this season.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

Can BT just do Peter Walton a favour and put him out of his misery. Terrible opinions from him regarding the 2 sending offs. 

I’ve always found his cameos extremely awkward and the commentators always agree with his opinion no matter what, assumedly because they don’t want to be seen disagreeing with the ‘expert’ 

Cringe

Edited by TJB-fox