Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

If PSG win the CL they will have beaten Barcelona, Bayern, Man City, and Chelsea/RealMadrid in the knockout stages. It would be one the most impressive CL wins in a long time. Thats some serious oppostions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Shame the ref was absolutely atrocious. Played right into PSG's hands. And Sane is one of the most overrated players around.

Harsh. Thought he was brilliant to watch during the time he was over here

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koke said:

If PSG win the CL they will have beaten Barcelona, Bayern, Man City, and Chelsea/RealMadrid in the knockout stages. It would be one the most impressive CL wins in a long time. Thats some serious oppostions. 

Isnt that Really what its all about...Champions beating champions....!

In their pomp..Barcelona & R.Madrid....over The various seasons, sliced through all the Big names of the time...

Just Shows what Man.City have to Aspire to, before  they can be thought  of as  " great"

Just when you Think you have arrived..!!

9 hours ago, Goober said:

Harsh. Thought he was brilliant to watch during the time he was over here

He's certainly declined. Has been poor for both Bayern and Germany all season. He is clear 2nd choice behind Gnabry at both and also behind Coman at Bayern. He hasn't impressed when given the chance.

There's a player in there somewhere, we've seen it before, but he seems to be regressing in his development. Hopefully finds some form soon...

11 hours ago, Koke said:

They're the wealthiest club on the planet, they have one of the most expensively assembled squads in history, they get to rest players and cruise through their domestic season and to top it off - two of the teams you just listed are going through massive transition/decline, one has had a new manager recently who's still settling in and is 5th in their league and another is majority fan owned with a strict financial model that restricts transfer budget and maximum wage size. 

Calling a PSG CL win impressive is comparable to suggesting Everton were "doing a Leicester" when they topped the league having spent ridiculous sums of money on transfers and hiring one of the best coaches in the world. 

It's more embarrassing that PSG and Man City still haven't won it than it would be impressive if either of them do. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

He's certainly declined. Has been poor for both Bayern and Germany all season. He is clear 2nd choice behind Gnabry at both and also behind Coman at Bayern. He hasn't impressed when given the chance.

There's a player in there somewhere, we've seen it before, but he seems to be regressing in his development. Hopefully finds some form soon...

Always felt Sane was far more dangerous on the left as really direct winger who's sole focus was beating his man and getting crosses in, than on the right. Lacks the decision making.

His injury has hit him too, taken that rapid pace away, at least for now.

on a side note, Neymar was joyous to watch last night, one of those real mercurial performances that we haven't really seen since Ronaldinho's pomp.

46 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Always felt Sane was far more dangerous on the left as really direct winger who's sole focus was beating his man and getting crosses in, than on the right. Lacks the decision making.

His injury has hit him too, taken that rapid pace away, at least for now.

on a side note, Neymar was joyous to watch last night, one of those real mercurial performances that we haven't really seen since Ronaldinho's pomp.

I can't stand Neymar as he cheats as much as he can but there is no denying he has some incredible abilities.

Neuer was incredible again last night to somehow keep him out. I am sure the one that hit the post (after he hit the bar) was tipped by Neuer's foot. The replays seemed to show the ball spin differently once it reappeared behind Neuer. For some reason they had no other angle to show.

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I bet Lucas Hernandez is a bit stiff today. Effectively being a one man defence against Neymar and Mbappe was quite impressive. 

His signing has not been proven successful just yet but he was outstanding yesterday. Boatend, in particular second half, also played great (which is not always the case these days).

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So Liverpool fans break the Real Madrid coach window as they arrive at Anfield 

Classy

Elements of this fanbase threw fireworks at a building in their own city during celebrations, let's not forget.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Classy

Utter scum.

They only sell out their ground because of tourists too, I swear at least 10% of 'supporters' I saw at Anfield were from Tokyo.

21 hours ago, Koke said:

I only see European sides when the EL/CL is on (as I don't watch European leagues) but PSG did impress me over those two games. I know they are probably the wealthiest club on the planet, mind. I would like to see Poch win the CL.

55 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Classy

*Pretends to be shocked*

I’ve never known a fanbase, infact, City, be offended by so much, play the victim on everything, continually feel hard done by but be ashamed of nothing.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3