Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Danny Drinkwater

We can't deny how well he did for us and he should always be remembered for that.

Okay he's maybe made some bad career choices, and life choices, but haven't we all? His have just been highlighted more due to the spotlight on him as an athlete.

He'll be a great addition to the right club and hopefully he gets his mojo  back.

19 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

Didn't Pearson say he'd be the one to pick a fight with himself? Clearly troubled but epic for us as a player. Wish him all the best and hope he finds some peace

I liked the guy here, but he reached for that higher rung on the ladder ,just at fate's & demons wrong time...but he also made most of his own bed.

.& got his toes stuck in the silky 

Eiderdown...

Another awkward injury hit player & that ..before Rodgers...

Edited by fuchsntf

If anyone wants a reminder of how good Drinkwater was for us, I recommend - if you can find it - a full 90-minute rerun of our epic 3-1 win at Man City. In my opinion his finest ever performance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Foxhateram said:

Such a shame Chelsea ruined him. He was quality for us, particularly the season after Kante left! I'd be happy for him to be around the club, with a chance of playing a game tbh. If he ever got near to his previous form with us he'd be a far better option than Soumare or Mendy. 

....with all the quality we now have in this team, it would be a great environment for him to play for us!!!

I did want him to stay as he was very much a lynch pin of the team. The leadership that we needed for such a long time for the team would have suited his skillset. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Foxhateram said:

Such a shame Chelsea ruined him. He was quality for us, particularly the season after Kante left! I'd be happy for him to be around the club, with a chance of playing a game tbh. If he ever got near to his previous form with us he'd be a far better option than Soumare or Mendy. 

That's ships beyond sailed lmao, he's most likely going to retire doesn't seem like he loves the game anymore 

2 hours ago, Hammo said:

Fully warrants LCFC legend status along with all the others in the title-winning team.

One thing people often forget is that for a sizeable chunk of the following season (without Kante) he was arguably our most consistent player.

Then he foolishly followed Kante - and the money - to Chelsea and his confidence was completely shattered… sadly never to return.

Hes not a legend and shouldn't be classed in the same light as Vardy/Wes/Kasper/Mahrez. 

These guys didnt jump ship for the money and do nothing forctge rest of their career(Mahrez DID jump for the cash BUT atleast hes eon stuff and played).

DD will look back on his career when hes in his retirement home and think he should have really done a hell of alot more with his talent.

7 minutes ago, Raj said:

Hes not a legend and shouldn't be classed in the same light as Vardy/Wes/Kasper/Mahrez. 

These guys didnt jump ship for the money and do nothing forctge rest of their career(Mahrez DID jump for the cash BUT atleast hes eon stuff and played).

DD will look back on his career when hes in his retirement home and think he should have really done a hell of alot more with his talent.

Yeah but of course he is going to leave us for Chelsea. Also he is a legend for winning the premier league with us.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2020 at 18:00, Countryfox said:

So ..   he gave it a go in the Champions league ...  then was deflated and just plodding along ...  then Chelsea came in again ..   and he was buzzing !!!

DD  ..    you can just fvck right off.      

A9599E39-09B4-475F-8DD7-62749E0482AD.jpeg

....it sounds like he is looking for answers, not necessarily in the right places!!!

He sounds adamant that playing football will bring stability to what ever it is that makes him feel out of touch with himself, but more like he is actually running away from asking the pertinent question. It is a mental problem he is dealing or not dealing with, and I suggested previously that it maybe something that he needs to address as soon as possible. He hasn't spoken about asking for help and getting perspective as to what is going on in his head, he needs to face his demons, otherwise he will be looking forever for something that does not exist.

34 minutes ago, Raj said:

I don't really get your point. Mahrez is a legend because his transfer worked out for him, but Drinkwater isn't because he didn't? They both made the decision to try and further their career, Chelsea was an unquestionable step up from us in 2017, they were league champions and we just finished 12th, it didn't work out for him, but I can't really blame him for wanting to give it a go.

I don't think either Mahrez or Drinkwater "jumped ship" "for the money" either, they weren't making sideways steps at the time, they were making clear upward steps and wanted to try and compete at the top of the game. Kante made much more of a sideways step than either at the time tbf considering where both teams had just finished but seems to remain universally much more loved than Mahrez or Drinkwater for some reason. Should Norwich hate Maddison to for joining us "for the money" as well?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Chelsea never ruined him he ruined  himself . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Chelsea never ruined him he ruined  himself . 

How? They literally gave him 0 opportunities, he went to play for one manager who had him in his first team plans alongside Kante, then a new manager took over and left him in the ressies. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Kante made him one.

There are a lot of differing views on here about Danny. I guess we can all agree it’s a real shame though and wish that things had turned out differently. Here’s hoping that his fortunes improve wherever he goes and does next. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

How? They literally gave him 0 opportunities, he went to play for one manager who had him in his first team plans alongside Kante, then a new manager took over and left him in the ressies. 

He pushed for the move there backing his own ability  . Sadly he was lacking,  hence him only making 12 appearances under 4 different mangers . Did Chelsea make him dump  his then pregnant Mrs and moveto London . Did Chelsea make him drink and make him get into fights  . No that’s all of his own doing.  There’s been so many reports of instances at Chelsea and different clubs on loan etc it’s no body’s fault but his own . 

• Like 3