Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Brom (A) - 13/09/2020 - Match Thread

Happy with that team. It's the strongest we have given injuries and suspensions. Looking forward to seeing Castagne and so happy to see Maddison back and I'm sure he will get some time.  Come out flying and get a nice early goal to settle the nerves. Win all the way! 

Always thought this game was a banana skin waiting to happen. Back end of last season was a shambles and we start this season without a recognised left-back and Ndidi as a CB! I know Wilf has played there for Genk and JJ played left back for Luton, but still the lineup does concern me. I also find it interesting we've gone for Timmy down the right and JJ down the left instead of the other way around. Castagne was decent offensively for Atlanta so here's hoping he can pull off a decent Ricardo impersonation.

The result will depend on if we show up or not. If Tielemans and Praet take control of the game then those two alone are enough to be able to beat 50% of teams in the league, but if they are off it we will be in trouble. Also hoping Barnes and Perez pull their socks up as it's about time both got back on the goal contribution bandwagon. I think it's a blow not to have Gray available as he's been brilliant as an impact sub.

Definitely nervous for this game and bracing myself for a painful match thread. But hoping we have enough to pick up some points today.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Fair enough given the missing players and good to see Maddison fit enough for the squad. 

Wonder whether it’ll be Castagne or Justin at left back? 

Yeah brilliant to see Madders on the bench. Hopefully he's fit enough for a cameo towards the end when we're already cruising :fc:

28 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Wolf starts at centre half - weakens 2 positions that is ridiculous - no recognised left back either - not good enough heads need to roll - extremely worrying 

Welcome back, you'd have had a ****ing whale of a time in the pre march thread with that kind of positivity!