Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Brom (A) - 13/09/2020 - Match Thread

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Mate calm down. “Black Lives Matter” is a statement which is important and timely. It has nothing to do with the fringe people you mention. Anyone who thinks the sentence “Black people’s lives matter” is offensive or “political correctness” must have a very weird outlook on life. I’m pleased to see it being discussed and honestly I can’t  imagine a world where it ruins my enjoyment of the game? 

Of course black lives matter, what don't matter is the people that are actually behind it all. 

Rich, bored kids just wanting to cause destruction. 

How has the BLM movement improved anything for any oppressed black person? 

Racism is wrong, no one will argue against that, a terrorist organisation hell bent on anarchy and chaos helps no one is also wrong. 

All BLM is now, Is an excuse for some members of society to pull down statues and cause trouble. 

All of the millions that BLM have been funded to, how many people have they stopped being oppressed? 

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

“Black lives matter”. What is political about that statement? X 

Um the whole movement is political, drummed up by the leftists to cause trouble and destruction. 

It's 100% a political movement and needs to be removed from all sport. 

Kick out rasicm, dont bring BS political groups into it. 

Just now, ozleicester said:

have you heard of apartheid?... im not being smart, a serious question, because if not you need to look at what sport did for equality in South Africa

Yes I have heard of apartheid. 

The cricket selection was, for a period, based as much on race as ability in order to be 'representative' and there isn't a lot about that that sits comfortably. 

But then I'm no expert on South African race relations and this isn't the place for that discussion. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Cujek said:

Of course black lives matter, what don't matter is the people that are actually behind it all. 

Rich, bored kids just wanting to cause destruction. 

How has the BLM movement improved anything for any oppressed black person? 

Racism is wrong, no one will argue against that, a terrorist organisation hell bent on anarchy and chaos helps no one is also wrong. 

All BLM is now, Is an excuse for some members of society to pull down statues and cause trouble. 

All of the millions that BLM have been funded to, how many people have they stopped being oppressed? 

I am behind it and I am neither young, bored or rich and I’ve never destroyed anything in my life? Apart from maybe the odd tub of caramel chew chew ice cream. Terrorist organisation?!? Jesus Christ haha. I genuinely don’t know how to answer that. X 

• Like 2

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Mate the reason “Britain has come a long way” is entirely BECAUSE of movements like this, not despite them. X

I disagree, I think the World opening up, the internet, education are all factors, and in general British people are just good people but that's for another time as now its match time 

• Sad 1

Just now, Cujek said:

Um the whole movement is political, drummed up by the leftists to cause trouble and destruction. 

It's 100% a political movement and needs to be removed from all sport. 

Kick out rasicm, dont bring BS political groups into it. 

Mate the movement is a response to Black people literally being murdered by police and nothing being done about it? I ask again, the sentence is “Black lives matter”. What is political about that? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, splinterdream said:

I disagree, I think the World opening up, the internet, education are all factors, and in general British people are just good people but that's for another time as now its match time 

I disagree, I know lots of BAME who still face racism every day, I witnessed some yesterday with my own eyes actually. But you are right this is probably not the best forum. 

• Like 1