Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

39 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

In my search for the fancy camera perspecive I found this. It's no commentary with the sounds of the players.

https://streamable.com/4vvxef

You can hear Vardy scream "CENGO" before the cross.

Love that, brilliant hearing the raw emotions of the players' celebrations that are usually effectively done on mute becasue of the crowd noise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I've learned over the years to hold onto my judgement for half a second more because of stuff like this. I've lost count of the amount of times I've gone "oh for fu.....Great ball" :D

Oh blimey - or even in a moment

My all time classic was in 2016 v Liverpool at home

Seeing Vardy shaping to shoot and shouting ‘square to Shinji you pr@ck!!!’

couldn’t even even get all the words out before I was jumping around with glee…

• Haha 2

Oh Yes we all liked the Cambiasso signing and his time, one season in our colours, he brought his reputation with him & his class.

Plus he was at the end of his career...

Tielemans,young, potential Reputation builder,only starting to ooze that class. Imo already created more movement and successful Defence splitting, passes, the odd goal, than many of our own  past great midfielders....

He like Maddison,wont run & chase you the game down,but can hold you a game,

then has those so subtle quick thought ,releases & passes in their game.

We have Praet, Mendy, Ndidi, Choudury, even Albrighton who gives us those legs and hard graft covering those spaces and running down oppo players.

I believe Tielemans has found his club,and his happy with his lot,where he will still give us a few  seasons more of his class & game vision.

I am more than Happy with....Tielemans, Maddison, Praet ,Mendy Ndidi and Chouds( who I believe will get better).

We give them one more CF & another young AM/ find an experienced AM who doesn't need to Play every game,

we will have a competitive Challenging Top 6 side....

There will be the odd periods,where any or all of those players go missing..

but We should encourage them and realise they wont hit those hights all the time..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Agreed - no chance he is currently earning less than 65k//week 

remember he signed a four year deal so so need to tie him down within 18 months  or he heads towards a final year and we need to sell ....

Thanks, I should have trusted my instincts... :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And the articles all quote 40m fee which we know to be incorrect (via Percy)

so if they don’t have the fee correct (which isn’t a secret ) then why trust them on any unknown details !

I'd imagine his agent has been knocking at our door if they gave Maddison a large pay rise. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'd imagine his agent has been knocking at our door if they gave Maddison a large pay rise. 

that depends if he wants to stay - the club won’t give him a rise unless he commits for longer. He signed for four years rather than five intentionally.  if he has a plan for his career that has us a ‘stepping stone’ then he may not be bothered about a new deal. 

• Like 1

On 26/10/2020 at 12:26, Dan LCFC said:

That game was Tielemans encapsulated. Thought he struggled for quite a bit of that and I was calling for him to be subbed, but he pulls off the pass of the game and it opens up a sitter.

Seems to be getting lots of bookings mind you. 4 yellows in 5 games.

All for the team and in a cynical way and not rashly 

• Like 2

For a lot of the game Youri & Madders were simply rotating around one another doing harmless 10 meter passes. Got a bit frustrating to be honest  But Youri always has a killer ball in the locker. I think if people make runs and move, he will always give it a go as he's a great passer. Maybe it was a failure of others movement that held him in check for an hour 

• Like 2

Watched the game again and for me he was our best player. Seems a lot fitter and did a lot more of the scruffy stuff, closing down, winning tackles, winning headers , always available but on top of that has the match winning killer pass in the locker