Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

On 07/03/2021 at 16:40, Sampson said:

I think he probably will end up winning player of the season for us. Several other players could well have won it but had their seasons broken up by injuries.

He's the only player who you can really say has done it all season other than Schmeichel. Even if other players have reached higher highs than him this season.

Totally agree. I think JJ and Harvey would have been slightly ahead of him had they not copped bad injuries. Youri will thoroughly deserve it if he gets it though, as would Kasper.

14 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

And Madison and Ricardo and bed in chilwell ans loads of other good stuff which he doesn't get credit for.

Admittedly the football wasn't great and no one likes him

Yep. Did a really big job with the structural change of the squad and playing style.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

And Madison and Ricardo and bed in chilwell ans loads of other good stuff which he doesn't get credit for.

Admittedly the football wasn't great and no one likes him

That kinda cancels out all his usable credit tbh.

• Haha 1

Have to admit I was in the camp of giving Puel credit for all the things listed above but the small insight Geoff Peters gave about the inside of the club at the time very much cancels all of that out.

You have to remember as well, recruitment isn't like Football Manager 2005. We have a huge team that have players on the radar whoever the manager is. Its doubtful Puel even signed most of them. 

11 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Have to admit I was in the camp of giving Puel credit for all the things listed above but the small insight Geoff Peters gave about the inside of the club at the time very much cancels all of that out.

You have to remember as well, recruitment isn't like Football Manager 2005. We have a huge team that have players on the radar whoever the manager is. Its doubtful Puel even signed most of them. 

Think you can credit him some influence over Tielemans and Ricardo. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, murphy said:

True.

I don't think that Rodgers would have been interested in taking on Shakespeare's team.

Like him or not, we should acknowledge that we made a great deal of progress under Puel and that he laid the foundations for Rodgers and the team that we are now, in a similar way that Pearson laid the foundations for Ranieri.

Back on topic, Youri Tielemans is really rather good.

Like I've said before, we needed a butcher, and that's what Puel did, including finding a few great ingredients - such as Youri - he just wasn't the chef we needed...

Here's hoping he sticks around and helps Brendan cook something good :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Like I've said before, we needed a butcher, and that's what Puel did, including finding a few great ingredients - such as Youri - he just wasn't the chef we needed...

Here's hoping he sticks around and helps Brendan cook something good :D 

Well said

18 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Still can’t believe he’s our player, he’s one of the best midfielders in the premier league.

Seems to really have his head screwed on and knows he can achieve greatness with us. Future captain and contender for player of the season. 

He’s still under-rated by many because he’s our player.

Yeah I know Bruno Fernandez has great stats but I’d still rather have Yuri for his all round game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Fernandez is a Tool -  Youri on the other hand is a thoroughly decent young chap.

Who's the role model of the two? People are way too forgiving of Fernandez's attitude because of his obvious skill. He ought to be being hounded and harangued for the diving and cheating. 

• Like 1

He's the one player I'm worried the most about being poached, huge for the club if we can get a new deal done he is the glue that holds the team together, a genuinely world class player.

• Like 3