Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

52 minutes ago, Koke said:

I think be could have not played in the FA Cups against Stoke، Brentford and Brighton + some Europa League group games. For example he unnecessarily played against AEK Athens when we were already qualified.

Spot on. No fan with a brain cell would have criticized Brendan for trying to rest him in some of those. Logic states you can't keep going non-stop.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chapero82 said:

He’s on 33k 

That website was rubbish. Had other guys down on next to nothing and some squad players as the most well played players in the team, which made even less sense when they'd come from countries/teams that can't get anywhere near PL wages. Youri would have been on at least that at Monaco and that loan spell meant lots of big clubs would have been after him so I couldn't imagine he'd be on less than £60k, maybe the £80k suggested.

My brother sent the one for Gillingham yesterday actually and you knew that was bollox because they were definitely overpaying on that.

I think it's crazy how many games he has featured in this season considering last season the majority of us were questioning his fitness levels and asking why he was always blowing after 70 minutes. 

Fair play to him his fitness has improved so much over the last 12 months. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, davieG said:

The football world is full of fans with no brain cells and Foxestalk has their fair share.

I can't recall but were those games before Praet was injured along with all the other injuries? Then you have to factor in the loss of momentum as without Youri anyone with a brain cell or more can see you then have a greater risk of losing those games. 

It's always easier in hindsight to see what we could/should have done but when you're between a rock and a hard place decisions can be forced onto you.

Just simply...:appl:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Never understood the fascination regarding who earns what, not sure why its important to some many fans.

Ever worked in a competitive environment. For some its about who makes the most as a measure of their self worth. I've seen businesses blow up with rage and self destruct as a result. Confidence for some has very fine lines. Sure that some fans like to look for that drama.

The least the club could do is install a cryo chamber at his house so his family wouldn't have to visit him at Seagrave.

As I say every time, the wages on these sites are taken from old Football Managers and rarely updated.

We signed a player from a Russian billionaire backed club in a tax haven in a beautiful part of the world, for a club record fee, when there was interest from half of Europe in him. So people think we're paying him less than not just some, but a large number of Championship players?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Ever worked in a competitive environment. For some its about who makes the most as a measure of their self worth. I've seen businesses blow up with rage and self destruct as a result. Confidence for some has very fine lines. Sure that some fans like to look for that drama.

Always, I'm just built different, I don't take my self worth from others.

However thats happening whether fans discuss or not, my point is very rarely do we have true idea of player salaries, its just guess work.

22 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

As I say every time, the wages on these sites are taken from old Football Managers and rarely updated.

We signed a player from a Russian billionaire backed club in a tax haven in a beautiful part of the world, for a club record fee, when there was interest from half of Europe in him. So people think we're paying him less than not just some, but a large number of Championship players?

That’s just opposite hyperbole. lol

By far our best outfield player again yesterday. 

There's a piece on the Athletic this morning about Fernandes and how leggy he's looking as he plays near enough every game. Lo and behold Tielemans is one of only a handful of midfielders to have played more minutes than him in the PL this season. I'd love us to win the FA Cup but I'd be seriously tempted to completely rest him and see if he can have the international break off too to fully recharge his batteries. 

He's integral to everything we do as a team. 

On 03/03/2021 at 10:53, lee7 said:

I think it's crazy how many games he has featured in this season considering last season the majority of us were questioning his fitness levels and asking why he was always blowing after 70 minutes. 

Fair play to him his fitness has improved so much over the last 12 months. 

I think his rosey cheeks get mistaken for being unfit 

One of the main problems with playing Youri as a 10 when Maddison is out is that we are missing Youri as a number 8. The loss is greater than the gain.

With Nacho playing well its hopefully something we dont try too often any more.

On 04/03/2021 at 11:40, M0901 said:

Why does he always look knackered when he does anything, yet carries on as normal?

Without him we’re not even top 7, IMO. He’s the biggest worry for me if he gets injured.

He looks knackered first game of the season, I think that's just how he looks.