Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Just now, Bert said:

Player of the season 

He probably is given he's the last man standing; JJ and Barnes have been better than him otherwise. But I have to say that today I thought he was quite poor, but being the star man that he is, provided the killer pass at the right time. That's the thing I love about Youri, him and Maddison are the players that have the ability to pull something out of nowhere to change the game.

Also though I felt he was poor, the guy looks absolutely gassed. He still got around the pitch very well, but jesus give the guy a break! He needs it.

Absolute rolls Royce of a player and we’re lucky to have him, he’ll be one of those players who in 10 years you’ll be telling youngsters “he played for leicester you know...” on a couple of occasions tonight he was perhaps a little slow on the ball but I sometimes feel that’s because the players around him are too slow to move or to see the run they should be making. If Bruno fernandes makes that pass to set up a goal tomorrow we wouldn’t hear the end of it, simply sublime...

36 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He probably is given he's the last man standing; JJ and Barnes have been better than him otherwise. But I have to say that today I thought he was quite poor, but being the star man that he is, provided the killer pass at the right time. That's the thing I love about Youri, him and Maddison are the players that have the ability to pull something out of nowhere to change the game.

Also though I felt he was poor, the guy looks absolutely gassed. He still got around the pitch very well, but jesus give the guy a break! He needs it.

Barnes wasn't that good up to mid December and from then on has been unreal, Justin has been superb but not Tielemans level. We are witnessing the best central midfield showing for many a year. PFA POTY nominee IMO

• Like 3

Was having an uncharacteristically poor game until that moment of genius. But that’s what great players do.

Us getting top four could largely depend on Tielemans staying fit for the final ten games.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Barnes wasn't that good up to mid December and from then on has been unreal, Justin has been superb but not Tielemans level. We are witnessing the best central midfield showing for many a year. PFA POTY nominee IMO

Yes he deserves the PFA nomination. Actually IMO Tielemans is the best all round midfielder in the division. Bruno, KDB, Gundogan are all better players, but all of those tend to be more attacking. Gundogan is pretty good as an all rounder too, but he's more box-to-box, whereas Tielemans is more of a Rolls-Royce.

So lucky to have him!

Tielemans just has that extra gear that most midfielders in the league don't. The technique on that assist was utterly world class. The fact he made it a no-look pass frankly just takes the piss. Different gravy.

• Like 3