Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

I don't necessarily think it's his fault he hasn't had a good start to the season. Our build up play has been way too slow so by the time Maddison actually gets the ball he has 10 opposition players to play through. The one time we did break fairly quickly against West Ham, Maddison played the cross in for Youri's goal. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The covid party pre-WHU was it seems the catalyst for a shift in sympathy. Possibly harsh but the timing was appalling. Its not been the same since and he has a way to go to turn things around. 

I think a lot of us changed our tune on him after this.

Think what you like but we’ve not achieved CL last couple of years because of stupid things. This being one of them.

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Nah, anyone with half a brain cell can stop criticising him every two seconds and see the reasons why Rodgers picks him frequently. 

Cos he prefers unappreciated hard work over assists and goals???

Perez has his uses but it's laughable he starts for us.

It’s a poorly written piece - the fact it so heavily relies on his youth coach shoes this. However, the sentiment of the article is correct. 

Much better and nuanced analysis in the Athletic - key thing post-injury has been Maddison shooting far more (and unsuccessfully from long range):

https://theathletic.com/2788991/2021/08/25/analysed-a-big-season-ahead-for-maddison-so-is-he-rediscovering-best-form-for-leicester/?amp#click=https://t.co/ICxAPdjlWo

Edited by lcfc_forever

It’s down to him.

If he does have a high opinion of himself, time to man up & prove it.

Who knows what the problem has been last 6 months, injury, events outside football, Covid party etc.

Football is what you got an improved contract for last season, earn your money & perform, us fans should be so lucky.

Grab games by the scruff of their neck like you used to & do it 8 games out of 10 etc!!

Prove that a small frame & a lack of yard  of pace aren’t an impediment to being a great asset to LCFC.  Start tomorrow.

Prove the doubters wrong!!

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm a massive James Maddison fan, but he has been a total passenger in every game this season.

Ihenacho was our top scorer last season and has looked great every time he's come on. It's time for him to start over Maddison IMO. Hell even play him as a 10 instead of up front, I don't think he could do much worse.

KDH looks a good option too. He's looked excellent whenever he's come on, got yo be worth a shot.

• Like 1

Just now, Hammo said:

He’s either devoid of confidence, not fully fit, or has lost his hunger and desire to play for the club. Whatever it is, he doesn’t deserve his place in the team. He is only there on reputation.

Yeah it's one of, if not all of those things. He does strike me as a confidence player, when he got on that run last season he was absolutely electric, but that injury and missing out on the Euros might well have hurt his confidence as well as his form.

The thing that annoys me more though is that Kelechi saved our season, and always looks very positive when he comes on. Not everything he does turns to gold, but even today he pressed the game, was creative, got stuck in and basically did everything that Maddison didn't. Madders also has a habbit of slowing the game down too much, which whilst understandable for number 10, often kills our attacks.

I'm not saying it's time to ship him out or anything like that, but we've got a deep squad and got players who are in better form. Those players should start over a player who the rest of the team is carrying. Maddison can play his way back in from Europa / League Cup games.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hammo said:

He’s either devoid of confidence, not fully fit, or has lost his hunger and desire to play for the club. Whatever it is, he doesn’t deserve his place in the team. He is only there on reputation.

I have no idea how he deserved to start in Iheanacho's position for this game.

Just now, An Away Move said:

It looks like his head has gone down to me. Or is it elsewhere? He’s just become a dad. Was he denied a move that he wanted? He just doesn’t look like he’s enjoying football right now. 

In any case KDH is bang in form and needs to be rewarded for that in case he starts thinking ‘what have I got to do?’

Just now, An Away Move said:

In any case KDH is bang in form and needs to be rewarded for that in case he starts thinking ‘what have I got to do?’

I think there are a few on the bench currently thinking what have I got to do! Utter madness to keep persisting with out of form players when you have new signings, Praet and KDH just sitting there.

• Like 2

I think it's injuries personally. I'm a big fan of his, but he hasn't positively affected a single game since his hip injury in Feb/March time.

And we deliberately seem to have him off set pieces and he's not playing his long passes or shooting from distance anymore, as if he's protecting his hip.

I like him a lot but I think someone else should definitely come in for him for a couple of games at least.

Edited by Sampson

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

KDH looks a good option too. He's looked excellent whenever he's come on, got yo be worth a shot.

Yeah that's the other option that many friends have suggested to me.

I'm not against that, but KDH is still a bit of an unknown quantity. I think once we hit the Europa games we will see him and Soumare played quite a bit to keep things fresh. Iheanacho was our top scorer last season and IMO is our highest impact player whenever he comes on. The 2nd goal today came from his excellent turn, and he should have scored one himself.

I think with KDH, he's not a number 10. We could play Youri there instead, or just go full 433 instead though, and either option could work. Or Soumare could come in instead of Maddison too.

When Maddison is on point he can be one of our best players and is a genuine match winner. But when he has games like this, it's not just that we carry him, but the team in general looks lethargic. That's the big issue for me.