Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Nobody was "getting back to the ball carrier" (see the picture). Praet was already on his knees.  

The ball carrier did not start ahead of our players. Rather he outpaced them and was racing unimpeded towards the goal.

The options were either to close down Anguissa or to give him free reign to take the shot (a pass to either of his two free teammates were not his sole option), a la Barkley, and hope for the best. Yet again, without necessarily justifying Fofana's choice, neither was an optimal option, but if Evan steps up Lookman (and possibly the Fulham player wide right) would have been offsides. Frankly, one could say it was "impulsive" of Evans not to do so. lol

Come on  - how would evans know wes was going to rush forward at that point  ?  They drop off for another ten yards at least - then there is less space for the ball carrier to play the pass into - less margin for error on the pass and kasper can come into play.  If the ball carrier hits it from 25 yards into the corner then so be it - that’s a lot tougher task than lookman had! 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Come on  - how would evans know wes was going to rush forward at that point  ? They drop off for another ten yards at least - then there is less space for the ball carrier to play the pass into - less margin for error on the pass and kasper can come into play.  If the ball carrier hits it from 25 yards into the corner then so be it - that’s a lot tougher task than lookman had! 

Watch the tape. Evan started to step up BEFORE Anguissa made the pass to Lookman. Just wasn’t fast enough.

7 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Watch the tape. Evan started to step up BEFORE Anguissa made the pass to Lookman. Just wasn’t fast enough.

Evans and fofana are backing off. ....as soon as fofana takes a step in the opposite direction, evens reacts immediately by stepping forwards in an attempt to retrieve the situation (hoping that anguisa doesn’t make the pass straight away). But evans is way deeper than fofana so cannot manage it. I just freeze framed the sequence and Johnny is looking at the ball and fofana - as wes stops dropping , evans does the same but wes is wrong to do it when evans is ten yards behind him 

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Evans and fofana are backing off. ....as soon as fofana takes a step in the opposite direction, evens reacts immediately by stepping forwards in an attempt to retrieve the situation (hoping that anguisa doesn’t make the pass straight away). But evans is way deeper than fofana so cannot manage it. I just freeze framed the sequence and Johnny is looking at the ball and fofana - as wes stops dropping , evans does the same but wes is wrong to do it when evans is ten yards behind him 

While I get (and conceptually agree with) the point you are trying to make, "way deeper" and "ten yards" are more than a tad exaggerative. Evans may have been ten yards or so away from Fofana laterally, but he was more than 2 or so yards behind (deeper than) Wes.  

He has been as bad this last few games as we was brilliant in the first few.

Don't mind so much him stepping out to try and win it high up the pitch and not getting there occasionally as that decision making can improve with experience, but the total lack of awareness of what was going on around him for the goal was more worrying as that is a more innate sense of danger.

Need Evans to get back to form as Wes looks like he might need guiding through a few games at the moment.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Little Wes looks unhappy to me, wonder if he isn't settling well in Leicester. Big move to a foreign country with massive expectations on one so young. Needs support not just on the pitch maybe?

I know what you're hinting at, and I won't do it.

I know I did it for Kante and it worked, but those days are behind me. 

• Haha 1

He's a bit erratic in terms of pushing out real far.

Seemed to lose the man for the goal tonight.

He's only young so bound to improve (hopefully) but shows how people overrated/underrate players after a couple of decent performances.

Fofana is a 19yr old who has incredible potential and I don't think the plan was to play him too much this season, but with injuries he's been chucked in at the deep end.  We have to accept as fans, that at his age he will make mistakes. I think that having to play him all the time he is starting to make more errors, although it is a good job he's not playing in front of the fans.....that would definately kill his confidence.

Could it be a language problem with him, can he speak English. Also let's not forget he has been thrown in at the deep end, remember when we bought Cags he had to wait for his opportunity and had time to bed into the club Fofana hasn't. With Fofana he hasn't had a proper pre-season

2 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

Need to be coached, he will be fine if not amazing long-term.  But definitely needs dropping and allowed time to develop.  

1 minute ago, AS78UK said:

Should have out of the spotlight 

And you'd play who at the back with Evans? 

Morgan? Fuchs? We'll be smashed with any sort of pace. 

In an ideal world he'd have been slowly bedded in and introduced. But this is far from an ideal world, so he'll have to play.

• Like 1