Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Him and Soyuncu are the same. Not sure it makes for a solid partnership just yet!

Nor me. Trouble is Evans looks broken at the moment. He's also making consistent errors and looks like he needs a week or two resting.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Nor me. Trouble is Evans looks broken at the moment. He's also making consistent errors and looks like he needs a week or two resting.

Makes me wonder how much the contract situation is an issue (as well as no preseason for someone his age). We saw last season with Chilwell, he knew he was off IMO and didn't look close to the same player he could be. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He can't keep diving into tackles. He will routinely be found out by any reasonable player. Even if he gets it right 9/10 times, he will be punished in the 1/10.

Wish he had dived in to a couple that he chose to leave though such as the Braga 3rd goal and Lookman's last night.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wish he had dived in to a couple that he chose to leave though such as the Braga 3rd goal and Lookman's last night.

He dived into both of those. Rushed in to make tackles leaving space behind. He has to drop off for both of those.

If we’re being brutally honest Praet should have chopped their feller down in the centre circle on the break last night and took the booking, the phase of play should never have got to Fofana. 

Praet dived in but his attempt was that piss weak he just bounced off him. 

Fofana and Soyuncu will probably work quite well because they're both fast and seem to be in sync, so we won't be left with a shambles of a defensive line. Fuchs and Evans obviously don't have the pace so tend to drop back. In this instance, I think it's on Fofana to sit off a bit and stand the players up.

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

For Fulham's first didn't Fofana step up and Evans didn't? 

Yes but Fofana left a gaping hole behind him for an easy through ball for them. 

There were plenty of errors. Losing the ball in their half. Lack of cover on their break. Lack of tactical foul. Misshapen defence. Not quick enough to react. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Yes but Fofana left a gaping hole behind him for an easy through ball for them. 

There were plenty of errors. Losing the ball in their half. Lack of cover on their break. Lack of tactical foul. Misshapen defence. Not quick enough to react. 

Yep errors all over really. 

image.thumb.png.848432cae94484c2a8470fbf0363ee17.png

15 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Yep errors all over really. 

image.thumb.png.848432cae94484c2a8470fbf0363ee17.png

Too easy to make a conclusion from that. 

Tielemans ****s up an easy pass. Fuchs and Justin are way out of position. Praet gets bullied. Fofana dives in. Evans doesn't step up. 

It's an absolute calamitous goal on our behalf where six players make errors. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Him and Soyuncu are the same. Not sure it makes for a solid partnership just yet!

Agree

If Evans can become injury free...I would like the Soyu/Fofana Partnership to be Eased in..

though if Soyu is Now fit....I would like to see both Play in the Ukrain...a sort of carte- blanche.

Then Fofana to see the game against Sheff utd,from the bench......more a mental rest ,after his hectic introduction,Take a look from the bench his

Teams style & Set up..understand where he fits &  expected from his view....

IMO he was earnt & shown he should be First choice, but a bit of rotation will give this talented  19yrs old some breathing space.

9 minutes ago, stillwater said:

Fofana needs to realise we bought him in as a centre back not a midfielder, lost count of how many times he wandered into midfield leaving poor old Jonny as the only defender, think Jonny looks out of sorts as he’s having to help out all over the place 

He clearly gets bored of passing in lines around the back whilst literally nobody ahead of the ball shows an ounce of movement so he tries to force things. I don't mind that, thats what made slabhead so successful here. It would frustrate me too if I was a CB watching everyone just stand around persistently.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To be fair to him at least he tried to make something happen, yes he was out of position several times and thought he was a winger but I like the fact mentally he tried. He is a little bit nuts and I like that!

Glad he is changing his hair 😏😁

Edited by Hales

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Fofana had to go for the ball there he had no choice. Evans is at fault for not being in line with him to play them offside. 

No chance. He has to drop off and hold the play up. He cannot dive in and gift that space in behind.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

He dived into both of those. Rushed in to make tackles leaving space behind. He has to drop off for both of those.

He didn't. 

Against Braga, I thought he should have taken the foul, but rather he rushed in and then pulled out of making a tackle. Against Fulham, he found himself in a no-win situation - either close down Anguissa freely running unchallenged with the ball or back off to cover a free Lookman running unchallenged into space with lots of green ahead, and substantively ended up doing neither.

I fully understood his action if his probable thoughts were that Anguissa could simply walk the ball into the box and shoot from there, and therefore his election to confront the option he probably felt the more urgent of the two evils and move to close down. But Anguissa is a smart player (saw quite a bit of him with Villareal last season), and once he saw Fofana leave Lokman uncovered made the right pass.