Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The irony of Ronaldo making a scene over Coke when he's sat in front of an advert for Just Eat, let alone more morally reprehensible sponsors like Gazprom, Qatar and to an extent Volkswagen is pretty silly. 

Pogba piggybacking on it was infuriating. 

Absolutely stank of 'oh look, he had an impact on something so let me see if I can'. 

If egregious sponsorship is a really moral issue then I might suggest that participating in any form of professional football is just not your line of work. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Pogba piggybacking on it was infuriating. 

Absolutely stank of 'oh look, he had an impact on something so let me see if I can'. 

If egregious sponsorship is a really moral issue then I might suggest that participating in any form of professional football is just not your line of work. 

I generally hate the term because it's usually used by sensitive bigots who are reeling from being called out but in this instance I think it's fair: virtue signalling. 

10 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Anyone ever ruptured their Achilles’ tendon before? Just done mine today, four weeks training left of my new job too…. I’ve not been given any info in terms of what to expect other than an appointment so any advice would be welcome. 

You will need to focus on low impact physio as soon as possible because the muscle wastage can take effect quite quickly. The injury itself may well take several months to heal. Walk with even weight distribution as soon as you can because it is easy to cause repetitive strain injuries to other joints. An aircast boot can help with this.

Most importantly be gentle with it and be patient because it is a serious injury.

55 minutes ago, DoveValleyFox said:

You will need to focus on low impact physio as soon as possible because the muscle wastage can take effect quite quickly. The injury itself may well take several months to heal. Walk with even weight distribution as soon as you can because it is easy to cause repetitive strain injuries to other joints. An aircast boot can help with this.

Most importantly be gentle with it and be patient because it is a serious injury.

Thanks, I have the old plastic boot on, I went to the hospital straight away to get it looked at, and there was no immediate suggestions to operate….. so I’m just waiting to see the fracture clinic guys and then take it from there.  I’m ****ing gutted….. just hope I don’t end up getting finished from work….

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Thanks, I have the old plastic boot on, I went to the hospital straight away to get it looked at, and there was no immediate suggestions to operate….. so I’m just waiting to see the fracture clinic guys and then take it from there.  I’m ****ing gutted….. just hope I don’t end up getting finished from work….

Getting an accurate diagnosis can be difficult but you can push for a scan. This would help with a better treatment plan and also with work, especially if you get the better news that it is a lower grade of tear to the tendon. Good luck with it.

4 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

James corden does anyone like/find him funny ? 

He's grown on me a bit recently since he did that rant on US TV about the ESL and how Leicester are the model football club.

I also quite like those carpool karaoke things he does (the Paul McCartney, Red Hot Chilli Peppers & Foo Fighters ones were good I thought)

I know he gets a bum deal from many but I find him pretty inoffensive and averagely watchable. Wouldn't say he was particularly likeable/funny but there's plenty of worse TV personalities out there IMHO

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

He's grown on me a bit recently since he did that rant on US TV about the ESL and how Leicester are the model football club.

I also quite like those carpool karaoke things he does (the Paul McCartney, Red Hot Chilli Peppers & Foo Fighters ones were good I thought)

I know he gets a bum deal from many but I find him pretty inoffensive and averagely watchable. Wouldn't say he was particularly likeable/funny but there's plenty of worse TV personalities out there IMHO

he’s the voice for the most recent Peter Rabbit films. I wouldn’t mind but my son has made me watch them both.

His voice made me want to pour surgical spirit down my ears.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Izzy said:

Google James Corden ama :ph34r:

3 hours ago, don_danbury said:

uk has great food like eggs + chips, beans + chips, sausage + chips, greggs + chips, pie & chips, cornish pastry + chips, chicken + chips, nandos + chips, lasagna + chips, apple pie + chips, roast beef + chips and tesco meal deal + chips

So much beige 

On 18/06/2021 at 12:31, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

James corden does anyone like/find him funny ? 

That vaccination dance skit he did on his American show made me want to suck the vaccine out of my arm like snake venom. 

If you’ve not seen, I highly recommend you don’t look it up and forget about it.

He's actually a pretty good actor. I remember seeing him in some Mike Leigh film with Sally Hawkins and he was really good. 

As for his comedy, well its not that great but he's harmless enough. He's supposed to be a right bellend in real life though as the stories on that Reddit AMA above showed. 

West Ham fan though, what do you expect! 

I'm not in the dating scene. I'm married.

But having said that; that pineapple pizza thing reeks of a trap. Its a selection process. It doesn't matter if you say it should or shouldn't be on there.

As a man, if you consider it a worthy point of discussion with a date, then they know to avoid you. 

Set the tone, lead the conversation. Its probably a tactic to see if you'll just discuss the same old guff that they want to trot out. Don't do it. Ask about their actual interests and talk about yours. If either of those are whether or not pineapple should be on pizza then a) move on if its them and b) have a long hard look at yourself if its you.

• Haha 1