Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

How would it work for retired folk? Or do you only provide services to people whom are at work?

Apart from that, it’s an interesting experiment, I’d be keen to see if it worked.

I’d suspect you’ll get more work from the people where prices are decreased and less work from those who’s prices are increased.

In short you’ll be working more for about the same.

Thanks, re retired and unemployed etc.. i havent figured that out just yet. 

I feel much the same in regard to the more lower priced...possibly.

As it stands it doesnt seem an entirely workable plan at this stage, but im going to try and work on it... :) Ill let you know

2 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

What is the most random thing  you have bought on ebay or amazon and why? 

Me Syringe pens, just cos I thought it would be funny turned out boring and broke in 2days 😆 

air guitar

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

The fat scouser football impersonator isnt funny.

Darren Farley? I think he's great :D

Admittedly some of his new characters like Arteta aren't brilliant, but his originals like Rafa, Gerrard, Carragher, Rooney and Rodgers are very good IMO.

Sometimes less is more though and he probably produces too much material which can water it all down a bit.

Edited by Izzy

The 1980s/early 90s Saturday  night out. 

Mum.cooking dinner (something  with chips)

Blind Date with  Cilla on telly as you get glad rags on

Couple of liveners in the estate 1960s local, dressed in Miami vice jacket so everyone  knew you were going town

Bus into town 

Pre club bar then club. No cocktails or champagne or gin bar. Exotic drink was a whisky and coke

Various communal dances ( like sitting on floor and rowing a mock long boat, or men dancing and singing to 'it's raining men' by the pointer sisters) 

Chip cob and attempt to avoid being battered to death by thugs 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

There's something extremely tragic about seeing De Niro doing a Kia advert. 

9 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Doesn’t help that it’s probably the most cringeworthy advert ever as well

There's been a surge in American A-Lister advertising crap on uk tv. De Niro on Kia and Warburtons ads, Snoop Dogg in moneysupermarket and just eat ads, Harvey Keitel on direct line ads.

You'd wonder if there was something like an unexpectedly high tax bill for the stars in the US to pay that meant they were willing to scrape the barrel a bit more.

Edited by Nalis

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

There's been a surge in American A-Lister advertising crap on uk tv. De Niro on Kia and Warburtons ads, Snoop Dogg in moneysupermarket and just eat ads, Harvey Keitel on direct line ads.

You'd wonder if there were something like an unexpectedly high tax bill to pay for the stars in the US that meant they were willing to scrape the barrel a bit more.

I've read before that these ads are a tax bill thing and that the celebs choose countries where, frankly, they don't give two sh1ts about damage to their brand. 

So every time I see a Hollywood a lister doing an advert here I just think, there goes someone who thinks the UK is right up there with Slovenia and Turkmenistan in importance 

I'll do my best to avoid buying anything that is advertised by some actor/celebrity. They mostly don't use the product or worse still have never heard of it before the payday opened up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Used to enjoy the Go Compare advert with the tenor singing the brand and some of his performances relating to car insurance (for example, when he had a 'crash' and he appeared under the rubble).

However, his latest advert appearance (where there's a clip of him singing a song, one that Bocelli sang at The King Power Stadium, at some outdoor concert) makes me feel the adverts now seem to be spreading the awareness of him singing than the actual brand being advertised.

• Like 1

I’ve recently purchased myself some proper walking boots and they’re absolute game changers. Waterproof and with “warm technology” in them apparently. Was walking up Baildon Moor yesterday, ankle deep snow and not one bit of seepage. Also managed to fall in a sink hole up to the ankle again, feet were bone dry. 

They might well be the ugliest things I’ve ever worn on my feet but I wish I’d bought some sooner. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Manini said:

I’ve recently purchased myself some proper walking boots and they’re absolute game changers. Waterproof and with “warm technology” in them apparently. Was walking up Baildon Moor yesterday, ankle deep snow and not one bit of seepage. Also managed to fall in a sink hole up to the ankle again, feet were bone dry. 

They might well be the ugliest things I’ve ever worn on my feet but I wish I’d bought some sooner. 

All men get to that age. Comfort over style any day. 

4 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Used to enjoy the Go Compare advert with the tenor singing the brand and some of his performances relating to car insurance (for example, when he had a 'crash' and he appeared under the rubble).

However, his latest advert appearance (where there's a clip of him singing a song, one that Bocelli sang at The King Power Stadium, at some outdoor concert) makes me feel the adverts now seem to be spreading the awareness of him singing than the actual brand being advertised.

The fact that you ever enjoyed one of them adverts is baffling. The bloke's a c**t in either guise.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Manini said:

Been looking for a decent pair for a while :ph34r: can you recommend them at all? 

24 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Been looking for a decent pair for a while :ph34r: can you recommend them at all? 

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/mer1881/merrell-thermo-snowdrift-walking-boots/#sku-mer1881

They were the ones I got. They’re out of stock on sports shoes now but there’s loads of other similar ones on there or you can get those exact ones from elsewhere. 

• Like 1