Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

The Mercury's website must be one of the worst on the internet.

Yes, them and the Daily Mail. I only ever use either when people post links, but trying to navigate round all the ads and pop ups make them virtually unusable

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes, them and the Daily Mail. I only ever use either when people post links, but trying to navigate round all the ads and pop ups make them virtually unusable

yeah, as if they believe that bombarding us with pop ups and requests to remove ad blockers, so they can hit us with more ads is going to make us reach for our credit cards instead of just closing the tab

A boozer i used to drink in had one of the most aggressive and irate bar maids and once walked over to clear some empties and saw 3 pint glasses with varying amounts of lager in them, she asked " any of these done? " to which one of the lads said his was as it was pretty much empty. She looked at him appalled and shouted " WHO'S IS WHO'S TWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ??? " 

And still to this day it's one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed and regularly use it when something isn't immediately clear. Feel free to use it. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Been awake for a few hours now stressing about work, which will make me tired, less productive and even more stressed at work when I get up. Great....

Do something anything. Even a minutes worth of work. You will then want to do the rest if your anything like I am. Which I don't expect you to be but if it helps it helps.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

Been awake for a few hours now stressing about work, which will make me tired, less productive and even more stressed at work when I get up. Great....

It's grim, innit.

Have you tried something like the Headspace app, for if it happens again in the future? I think there is a free trial of it.

Has worked for me in the past. Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Koke said:

Because if language is reduced to its pure requirements of succinct converse, there is no prose, there is no poetry, and this would be a bad thing.

The two (colloquialism and prose) may not seem related, but I would strongly argue they are.

Image result for two cents worth

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because if language is reduced to its pure requirements of succinct converse, there is no prose, there is no poetry, and this would be a bad thing.

The two (colloquialism and prose) may not seem related, but I would strongly argue they are.

Image result for two cents worth

image.png.4064e04efb8209bf9fe6815441db28fd.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Heard a sonic boom today.

shit me right up 😂

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Same, do you know what caused it?  I swear I 'felt' the damn thing too, for a second I thought there'd been an explosion down the street.

At a guess I’d reckon it was a military aircraft going very vey ..   very very  ..   fast ..  :thumbup:

Celine Dion does nothing for me physically, but there's a line in this song

"there were nights of endless pleasure" that she pronounces as plaay jurrrre in her French Canadian accent that is about the sexiest thing I've ever heard.

Not really worth a thread of it's own, which is why I've posted it in here.

Had a lump on my back for about two years. Was told it was a sebaceous cyst. Two weeks ago it started growing and became red and very painful. By last week it had grown very large.  (a tad bigger than a golf ball) 

My GP sent me to the hospital and they said it was infected and prescribed me some anti biotics. They told me to come back in 5 days (tomorrow) if it wasn’t getting better. I had gone to bed tonight after a week of pain and it getting worse, ready to go in and beg them to do something. I woke up about an hour ago to a very messy bed. It’s been draining itself for ages and has now completely gone leaving a red patch. The draining was like something from a horror movie, I have no idea how all the blood and pus fit in the lump. 

I am now feeling more satisfied than I ever have. Just glorious! 

• Like 1