Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

On 08/12/2020 at 21:24, Vlad the Fox said:

Just got my 12 year old lad a small for Christmas. He’s a big lad for his age though about 5’8 and fairly stocky.

I honestly misread "small" as "snail" there. Found it an unusual present, but quite sweet to think of your lad looking after his new exotic pet.

I blame all this isolation. I'm losing my grip on reality.

• Haha 1

On 09/12/2020 at 23:03, Nalis said:

I almost signed off a post in the way I would normally sign off a work email.

Think I need to get off my phone and Foxestalk and get back to work lol

A suppose that would be better than signing off a work email the way you usually sign of a FoxesTalk post...

2 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

Can you still buy Bonds? If so how, and why do old old people have them? Also how does it work 

You can yes.

And how it works is that your wife recieves a notification every other month to say she has won £25, whilst you haven't had a penny since you were given them.

• Haha 1

Might be slightly unpopular but golf is the most overrated sport (can you call it that?) in the world. Even golf as a social event is still overrated. Unsure why people love being on the golf course so much. I was invited along about a year ago, I went along and I didn't enjoy myself at all. Found the whole thing boring. Rather play dart than golf, and I find dart tediously boring after 5 minutes.

For the record, I'm open minded to other sports. I like tennis, basketball, gymnastics etc. Golf just consumes way too much time and it isn't worth it.

Edited by Koke

50 minutes ago, Koke said:

Might be slightly unpopular but golf is the most overrated sport (can you call it that?) in the world. Even golf as a social event is still overrated. Unsure why people love being on the golf course so much. I was invited along about a year ago, I went along and I didn't enjoy myself at all. Found the whole thing boring. Rather play dart than golf, and I find dart tediously boring after 5 minutes.

For the record, I'm open minded to other sports. I like tennis, basketball, gymnastics etc. Golf just consumes way too much time and it isn't worth it.

Loads of reasons why people love golf imo. Four hours of banter, chat, competition and piss take with your mates in the fresh air and great scenery is a fantastic way to spend your time.

For me, golf is the ultimate mental game. Pitting your skills against the course, finding different lies, playing different shots, being creative and always trying to better yourself can be addictive for many. Just playing those one or two brilliant shots in a round brings you back for more and although it can be the most frustrating game too, when it goes well and you're 'in the zone' it's a joy.

Smashing a long drive, hitting a wedge close or draining a monster putt is like scoring a goal at football for me. And the handicap system always makes games fair and gives you a target to improve on every time.

I love golf (as you can probably tell) but fully understand why many don't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Loads of reasons why people love golf imo. Four hours of banter, chat, competition and piss take with your mates in the fresh air and great scenery is a fantastic way to spend your time.

For me, golf is the ultimate mental game. Pitting your skills against the course, finding different lies, playing different shots, being creative and always trying to better yourself can be addictive for many. Just playing those one or two brilliant shots in a round brings you back for more and although it can be the most frustrating game too, when it goes well and you're 'in the zone' it's a joy.

Smashing a long drive, hitting a wedge close or draining a monster putt is like scoring a goal at football for me. And the handicap system always makes games fair and gives you a target to improve on every time.

I love golf (as you can probably tell) but fully understand why many don't.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1