Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Might be slightly unpopular but golf is the most overrated sport (can you call it that?) in the world. Even golf as a social event is still overrated. Unsure why people love being on the golf course so much. I was invited along about a year ago, I went along and I didn't enjoy myself at all. Found the whole thing boring. Rather play dart than golf, and I find dart tediously boring after 5 minutes.

For the record, I'm open minded to other sports. I like tennis, basketball, gymnastics etc. Golf just consumes way too much time and it isn't worth it.

Feel exactly the same..had a few Golf days over the years..Did pretty well ..respect the sport,the  participants, various Skill Sets needed, but it leaves me Cold

and bores me  to hell   After 1/2 hr on TV...!!  though having Golf TV Channels is fair .I do occasionally follow the Rhyder-cup...But thats it..!!

Like playing competition and past time darts,but hate it has a TV sport, und Audacity of Sky wasting my

Sports Viewing potential by showing it...But they then cant get a European cup football/Rugby Premier lg/internationals   contracts.

Also Too many mundane Football debate programmes,especially on pay TV..!!

Golf, Womans-netball, Darts and far Too much American Football..irritating and again Leaves me cold..

Like to see more Athletics,Rugby Union, Gymnastics than Darts/Netball end American football

Positive side...Premier League Championship Cover is usually  ok,except Too little  Internationals/League 1 /European Football Cover in this Covid period..

I Enjoy all ex-player pundits, Shows their various Insights ,banter and even irritating conflicting opinions...Enjoy Nevilles Reports and analyse,but wouldnt like Sky to over-do his  TV time.

Would Love to see a R.Keane,Souness,Neville regualar Weekly PL/International tete a tete Panel & Review program..

Cricket,  excellent cover even from Non-English competitions...But I do miss, Gower & Botham ,though I do also  enjoy the " New Set up'!!

Cricket review,game & Set up, & Information seems alot better, than the football,though I like footballs Gillette-super-saturday/ BBcs MOTD..

Rugby-league...reasonable balance

F1..just Right..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

I know its sad of a grown man to watch dog videos but this craze of having toddler lingo in subtitles just ruins them. Shite like 'Dat taste gud' 'more yum yum mom' 'owwie' - fvck off with it, I just want to see dogs falling over or dogs cleaning out kids.

Is there a lost friends thingy me bob in here? Or does anyone know where I could find a lost friend? I have checked Facebook and twitter but just wondered cos not spoken to this person  in years and wanted to see if they was okay to be honest because at the time we went to college together in the 2001/2002 or maybe 2002/2003 years and he seemed to be going up and down. Anywho just thought I wonder what the guy up to these days 

An interesting conversation I had the other day, who would win the PL if the player the first half AFL rules and second half normal football rules. 
I went Man City as I think Ederson is a natural AFL player anyway.

For us Ndidi and Soyuncu would be great AFL players, as would Vardy. 
But Maddison wouldn’t get a game. 
Random conversation and certainly doesn’t deserve it’s own thread, but interested in other thoughts.

On 19/12/2020 at 12:10, Nalis said:

I know its sad of a grown man to watch dog videos but this craze of having toddler lingo in subtitles just ruins them. Shite like 'Dat taste gud' 'more yum yum mom' 'owwie' - fvck off with it, I just want to see dogs falling over or dogs cleaning out kids.

The 'heckin zoomies' crowd need sterilising. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

An interesting conversation I had the other day, who would win the PL if the player the first half AFL rules and second half normal football rules. 
I went Man City as I think Ederson is a natural AFL player anyway.

For us Ndidi and Soyuncu would be great AFL players, as would Vardy. 
But Maddison wouldn’t get a game. 
Random conversation and certainly doesn’t deserve it’s own thread, but interested in other thoughts.

Harry Maguire

54 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I was given a bottle of AU vodka for Christmas and I’ve found out that the companies CEO is Charles Morgan. He was the Swansea ball boy kicked by Eden Hazard. Mind blown. 

Ha small world. He's also the son of a  director/ majority shareholder at Swansea City so he probably got financial backing from daddy.

So... an idea and id appreciate your thoughts if anyone can be bothered.

I am a service provider and i usually charge a flat rate for my service, however i am trying to create a more equitable charging system. I dont see why someone earning $25 per hour, should pay the same as someone earning $150 per hour

Instead of my current flat fee, i am thinking of asking the client to pay me an hourly rate equivalent to what they earn per hour.

So i would charge a standard 13 hours, x their usual hourly pay (in my industry it is a usual 10-15 hour service)

This hopefully is fairer?

Can you see any possible issues and or problems...or have you better way?

23 minutes ago, ozleicester said:
So... an idea and id appreciate your thoughts if anyone can be bothered.

I am a service provider and i usually charge a flat rate for my service, however i am trying to create a more equitable charging system. I dont see why someone earning $25 per hour, should pay the same as someone earning $150 per hour

Instead of my current flat fee, i am thinking of asking the client to pay me an hourly rate equivalent to what they earn per hour.

So i would charge a standard 13 hours, x their usual hourly pay (in my industry it is a usual 10-15 hour service)

This hopefully is fairer?

Can you see any possible issues and or problems...or have you better way?

How would it work for retired folk? Or do you only provide services to people whom are at work?

Apart from that, it’s an interesting experiment, I’d be keen to see if it worked.

I’d suspect you’ll get more work from the people where prices are decreased and less work from those who’s prices are increased.

In short you’ll be working more for about the same.

First day 'back' at work today and my alarm went off this morning when I was in the middle of a dream in which - no joke - I was in the old Swan and Rushes and they were serving pints of ale tapped from the barrel, for free, as I watched us beat Man United 2-0 on a big screen. 

2 hours ago, bovril said:

First day 'back' at work today and my alarm went off this morning when I was in the middle of a dream in which - no joke - I was in the old Swan and Rushes and they were serving pints of ale tapped from the barrel, for free, as I watched us beat Man United 2-0 on a big screen. 

I had something very similar happen to me the other day ...   but I was sh@gging Nigella.   

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Amazon Prime delivery service really is world class. Ordered something at 9am this morning and it's just arrived. That's seriously impressive if you ask me.

They put the other delivery services to shame - especially Hermes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Amazon Prime delivery service really is world class. Ordered something at 9am this morning and it's just arrived. That's seriously impressive if you ask me.

Not sure I trust Amazon to not have some kind of monitoring about us, particularly through Alexa and Prime TV.

Still who cares as long as my order arrives on time and isn't chucked over my garden wall.