Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Let's be honest he will be gutted he should have don't better with thst penalty. He had a great game but glad he made one mistake. 

I think he got unlucky in that it was a really crap penalty from Kane, Kasper is stretched probably expecting it towards the bottom corner where as because of how poorly Kane hit it he basically had a split second to try and pull his arms in and catch it, just unlucky really

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Let's be honest he will be gutted he should have don't better with thst penalty. He had a great game but glad he made one mistake. 

Saving a penalty is never a ‘mistake’ …… it’s a v similar save to the nzonzi one but that time, his knees came across and propelled the ball away - it’s called being ‘unlucky’.  Yes he will beat himself up a little over it because that’s what winners do but the reality is that Kane just got lucky and kasper the opposite ……

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

If he picked England, he’d not be playing for us still and be England no 1. Superb performance an example of why we’re lucky to have him regardless of what some of our weird fans think. 

Thank God he's Danish then!!

3 hours ago, hejammy said:

As in how do know it wasn't? 

All laser beams diverge. Although laser beams are not perfectly parallel, they can be much more parallel than traditional light beams if the beam width is much greater than the wavelength. ... Divergence is observed by shining a laser light on a wall and then seeing the spot grow bigger as you move away from the wall. 

If that is what you are basing it on? 

Yeah to be fair that's me wrong. Either way through luck or judgement it wasn't in his eyes. 

Edited by bmt

Felt so torn last night. I love Kasper, but I hated him last night. 

For me, over the last few years, when you take everything about him into account, his character, his leadership, his performances, his shot stopping ability etc etc he has to be at least in the top 10 keepers in the world, certainly one of the best in the premier league.

I'm sad for him in a way, and if that semi final was against anyone other than England I would have been Danish for a night, and I'm glad that I can go back to loving him again. 

The guy is a legend, no question about it. 

He has played for us for so long it was really weird to see him on the other side. I was gutted every time he saved one but still had a bit of respect mixed in, it's just hard to turn off after ten years. Big game player and leader, he kept Denmark in it long after they ran out of steam. I wouldn't have bet against him in the shootout either so very glad it didn't come to that.

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Felt so torn last night. I love Kasper, but I hated him last night. 

For me, over the last few years, when you take everything about him into account, his character, his leadership, his performances, his shot stopping ability etc etc he has to be at least in the top 10 keepers in the world, certainly one of the best in the premier league.

I'm sad for him in a way, and if that semi final was against anyone other than England I would have been Danish for a night, and I'm glad that I can go back to loving him again. 

The guy is a legend, no question about it. 

You hated him last night? That seems abit much.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I think he got unlucky in that it was a really crap penalty from Kane, Kasper is stretched probably expecting it towards the bottom corner where as because of how poorly Kane hit it he basically had a split second to try and pull his arms in and catch it, just unlucky really

yeah he will see it as a mistake for going to early. He is that kind of keeper. 

21 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

You hated him last night? That seems abit much.

English through and through when the national team are playing. It's the way my brain works, as soon as the whistle goes, I really don't like anyone who plays against us, whether that be for club or country.

Before the game and after I'm level headed, during, I'm way too competitive lol

16 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I dunno mate kane's got a 10 yard head start on them and I already in motion when he kicks the ball. The defenders have a standing start

That's my point - they shouldn't be standing but "running in with the penalty taker" as my old coach used to say. 

Probably wouldn't have made any difference mind.