Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Braga A Match thread

Just now, DanNDH88 said:

Hamza really isn’t good enough in a 2 or as a holding midfielder in a 3 

So just not good enough at all, really? I agree.

Just now, Izzy said:

Kasper has his critics but I’d have him in the team for his communication skills alone.

Wish we had some outfield players who were that vocal.

Probably an unpopular opinion but although he's a good shot stopper, his overall game is weak.

If we seriously have aspirations to be an elite club, we need to upgrade him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Kasper has his critics but I’d have him in the team for his communication skills alone.

Wish we had some outfield players who were that vocal.

Proper leader. Offers so much to the team on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Fair play to Braga, they have given us the run around in that half. Resting that many players is always a gamble against a quality outfit and they've made us pay. Need some personnel changes for the second for sure, they have complete control of the game.

Agreed. Fuchs looks knackered and Praet doesn't make an impact playing from deep.

Fofana on for Fuchs, Mendy on for Hamza (as much as he's helped break up play, he doesn't help control midfield).

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

Microphone behind Kaspar is MOTM so far

Hearing Kasper lose his shit is the best bit.

No point in having three centre backs if you’re going to give up so much space and overlaps on the wing as easy as that. We’re lucky to still be in it to be fair. If you went to a 4-4-2 you’d have an extra man in midfield plus people tracking back to help out the full backs. 

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

So in other words...... you have absolutely no idea how good or bad any other league is because you don't watch it? 

I'm not really sure what you are basing your opinion on? 

We beat these 4 nil at home. If we weren't playing like the blind and crippled we'd be winning by the same margin tonight. These are not good, just better than us tonight.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Pleased to see Kasper is up to his old tricks of making plenty of mistakes himself and then berating everyone else. 🤔

I must be watching a different game, he’s kept us in it. Plenty of mistakes, I can’t think of more than one in that half.

I know he’s resting players and we’ve got a busy fixture list but it really worries me that if we lose this basically all the momentum we built up before the international break is gone, and we know how that can affect us.

It puts a lot more pressure on the game with Fulham without a win in two (in a game we’ll be big favourites for) and then also puts the pressure on us to get the required points to get out of this group as well. We all know what happens as soon as the pressure builds against this team. 

I’m still confident we can get something out of this and it makes this point redundant but I hope Brendan hasn’t thought the job was done in this group too early - lots of work to do yet. 

Still not massively worried. I think the second half will be an improvement. A draw would be a fine result with the amount of rested players, TBF.

People talking about Braga being bobbins need to lay off huffing paint. This is a good side that could’ve easily had four.

We’re lucky to still be in the game.